Forget the Orange Bowl now guys.

DKW 86

I really fully believe that two quarters of football just took us completely out of it anyway.

Hey, at least we should get the Sugar Bowl...

I agree, that Auburn team in the first half does not deserve the Orange Bowl.

If we can turn it on in the second half and play Auburn football, then maybe we can still have a chance.

...wasn't even pondering it before the game started. I didn't think this one would be a walk and right now we've got to take the fight back to Alabama.

This is the Iron Bowl... if it was a cakewalk it wouldn't be the Iron Bowl. If we win, we are still in contention... but let's just focus on winning.

Ya'll got to put this in perspective. This is the toughest game on your schedule, IMO. It's the Iron Bowl and it's a road game.

You have TOTALLY dominated this game, the score just doesn't show it yet.

Win this 28-6 and I predict Auburn will overtake OU for #2 in the BCS, or be very very close to doing it.

Another thing in Auburn's favor is the fact that USC is not playing this week. I think a dominating win by Auburn gets them a few votes switched from USC to Auburn for #1, whereas OU will not gain in that category.

Thats BS guys, the media understands that this is a rivalry game, and that Bama has a great defense. Bama also gets tired in the 4th Quarter. I believe you guys will still have a valid shot at the Orange Bowl unless you lose.

Alabama this year

Sep 4 vs Utah State W, 48-17

Sep 11 vs Mississippi W, 28-7

Sep 18 vs Western Carolina W, 52-0

Sep 25 at Arkansas L, 27-10

Oct 2 vs South Carolina L, 20-3

Oct 9 at Kentucky W, 45-17

Oct 16 vs Southern Miss W, 27-3

Oct 23 at Tennessee L, 17-13

Nov 6 vs Mississippi St. W, 30-14

Nov 13 at LSU L, 26-10

Nov 20 vs Auburn L, 21-13

Alabama has only given up 20 points 3 times before Auburn did in the second half of today's game. This Bama Defense is the real deal they just do not have a offense to complement them. Auburn's defense is almost as good as Bama's but I do believe Alabama has the best Defense in the nation.

Do you think Oklahoma would do much beter? What was the score last year when Bama played Oklahoma?

Only time will tell. The voters may not be as impressed as they need to be. Or they could actually know about the Iron Bowl and understand the rivalry. Again, only time will tell.

My only complaint with this team is the late scores they give up. It happened against MSU, GA, and now UA. I know the game seemed to be in hand against all of them, but play as hard the last two or three minutes as you do the rest of the game. I still love this team.

I just looked up and Bama lost on September 6th, 2003 20-13. Oklahoma put up one less point than we did against this Bama team. I know it was last year but remember the first few weeks of the polls are based on last year and I do not see USC and OU fans complaigning about their preseason rankings

I agree their defense is the real deal, but the Auburn offense when clicking is unstoppable. Those 4 consecutive drives to take control of the game against this defense was the most impressive part of the game (even though we didn't score on the first.) If we had taken that 5th drive and not laid on the ball, the headlines and stats in tomorrow morning's papers could have made the difference in being #2 instead of #3.

FORGET THE ORANGE BOWL IF WE MUST. WE JUST BEAT BAMA FOR THE THIRD TIME IN A ROW AND FINISHED 11-0. IF THAT AIN'T ENOUGH FOR SOME OF YOU FANS, GEEESSSH!! I say nice job against a top rated defense. Great teams show they can win even when they don't bring their A game.

Now a quote for ya tiger fans: Do you know what Auburn and the Moon have in common? THEY BOTH CONTROL THE TIDE!!!!!!!

WAR EAGALE 21-13!!!!!

We are not ranked #1.

We are not USC.

We were coming from #17-18.

We needed a 14 point win as most sports writers said to get to the Big Dance.

The obvious holding (takedown) call that wasn't called allowing Alabama to get that freebie TD hurt immensely. It may be the difference in the end for Auburn's chance at #2 in the BCS.

Way to go refs. You did it again.

I agrred. That one no call may take us out of the OB now.

I am still furious over the non-call late hit after the TD.

You guys need to forget about the BCS, this team has done all they can do. Remember, this is basically the bunch of idiots who allowed Oklahoma to play for the MNC last year and Nebraska the chance a few years earlier without even winning their conference. They are also the same idiots who have an 8-2 FSU team in the top 10 with several 1 loss teams behind them.....IT IS A POPULARITY CONTEST.....and we ain't popular this year.

We are not ranked #1.

We are not USC.

We were coming from #17-18.

We needed a 14 point win as most sports writers said to get to the Big Dance.

124418[/snapback]

DKW,

You are the 'heap big chief' among the mods...and I bow before you. But you have brought some negativity to the board lately that catches me off guard. Between the AD stuff and the first half of the bama game, you are bringing me down, big man. I know you love AU...I do not question that ....but be above the negativity, brother. If you want to boot me off the board, I will understand...but I figure there are enough guys willing to see the glass half empty to cover it all. I look to you to see the glass half full. If this feedback is unfair, tell me so. I just got back from Toomers, and I can tell you...it doesn't get any better than this....whatever they decide in the BCS. It is great to be an AUBURN TIGER!!!!!!!!!

Remember, one of the things that distinguishes the AU Nation from the rest is that we will deal with our worts 'on the front porch.' That's all I am trying to do.

Peace, and

:au: WAR EAGLE :au:

Screw the BCS

Screw the Coaches Poll

Screw the AP Poll

We beat a good team playing in a tough enviroment...if it isn't god enough screw em!!!!!!

The Auburn Tigers are 11-0!!!!!

War Damn Eage!!!!!!!

We beat Bama; that's all that matters. I don't care if they are a good team; bad team; girl's school team; cripple children's clinic; they were wearing an Alabama uniform and we beat them.

I hate Alabama and I want you to hate them to!

War Eagle.

Screw the BCS

Screw the Coaches Poll

Screw the AP Poll

We beat a good team playing in a tough enviroment...if it isn't god enough screw em!!!!!!

The Auburn Tigers are 11-0!!!!!

War Damn Eage!!!!!!!

124493[/snapback]

That's what I'm talking bout. :au: !!!!!!!!!!!

I honestly don't feel like we are out of it. To a knowledgeable football fan, the AU/UA game is one of the fiercest rival in CFB. Every year, the winner looks better, no matter how bad or how good the loser is. I can't say how the voters are feeling, but I can't say we didn't impress a few today. Bammer played so far above their head for most of the first half, they could have shut down any team in the nation. We took over midway in the second half and shut them down. All I have are good feeling about our chances. And yes, I had a few orange and blue koolaids during the game, but why didn't we all?

Archived