Forget the Orange Bowl now guys.

DKW 86

We beat Bama; that's all that matters.  I don't care if they are a good team; bad team; girl's school team; cripple children's clinic; they were wearing an Alabama uniform and we beat them.

I hate Alabama and I want you to hate them to!

War Eagle.

124497[/snapback]

ditto

I ABSOLUTELY DISAGREE ABOUT BEING OUT OF IT. I see a good chance of being number 2 come Monday. You gotta' be kiddin' me if you think this game hurt us. I just got finished listening to Trev and May telling the NATION that we're number 1. They let the nation (and the voters) know, this is a HUGE RIVALRY and that AU did what championship teams do when faced with adversity.

Tonight, a national sports talk host gave the scores and said AU won the Iron Bowl in a huge rivalry game against Alabama while OU beat up on "Cupcake City". Two night's ago, I listened to another national sports talk guy absolutely dog out Stoops for his comments. He said I don't care if OU wins by 80 and AU wins by one, come Monday morning, AU will replace Oklahoma. There's no way to measure the number of voters Stoops alienated with his pie-hole. And don't underestimate what the country thinks about this rivalry. Most folks know what a big win this was tonight. We're going to Miami. Keep the faith.

Amen Brother. If we do not believe in the destiny of this TEAM now, When will we? WHAT will it take?

ONE game at a time...Keep the FAITH ! ! !

WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au:

AMEN brothers and sisters. See you in Hotlanta in two weeks!

WAR EAGLE!

I should say first of all that I had to work today and missed the game. This tears me up in ways you can't imagine...or maybe you can.

That said...

I know how big this game is. I know how tough it is. But explain this: why do we continue to win close calls against them when I saw Bama blow us out in our own stadium three years ago? The old Bama is gone. The new Auburn has arrived. One of these years we have got to just tear them a new one. Being down 6-0 at halftime doesn't get it.

Okay, negative rant over...

11-0!!! ELEVEN AND OH!!! ELEVEN...AND....OH!!!!!

It's official: I hereby proclaim UAT's town....Tusca-LOSER!!!!

WARRRRRRRR EAGLE!!!!! HEY!!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Don't even go there BG.  That OLD news.

124573[/snapback]

Really wasnt what I was getting at....

124578[/snapback]

Oops, then my apologies. I thought that wuz what you were getting at.

We are not ranked #1.

We are not USC.

We were coming from #17-18.

We needed a 14 point win as most sports writers said to get to the Big Dance.

124418[/snapback]

DKW,

You are the 'heap big chief' among the mods...and I bow before you. But you have brought some negativity to the board lately that catches me off guard. Between the AD stuff and the first half of the bama game, you are bringing me down, big man. I know you love AU...I do not question that ....but be above the negativity, brother. If you want to boot me off the board, I will understand...but I figure there are enough guys willing to see the glass half empty to cover it all. I look to you to see the glass half full. If this feedback is unfair, tell me so. I just got back from Toomers, and I can tell you...it doesn't get any better than this....whatever they decide in the BCS. It is great to be an AUBURN TIGER!!!!!!!!!

Remember, one of the things that distinguishes the AU Nation from the rest is that we will deal with our worts 'on the front porch.' That's all I am trying to do.

Peace, and

:au: WAR EAGLE :au:

124486[/snapback]

Not gonna delete or ban anyone. Maybe my take on the BCS stuff is harsh but I just dont see it going our way now. If the 14 point margin was for real then, a great win over bama by 8, didnt help us here. We still have a game to play but even if we won out I still didnt see us getting the computer polls going our way enough to make the jump.

I was just being real here on the computer polls, nothing else guys. :big:

I wouldn't worry about it that much. Heated rivalry game, on the road, team with a winning record, number two rated defense in the nation. Not like we down by 14 to a 2-7 Kansas State at the half.

Actually alot of those voters have supposedly been questioning what would happen if we got down on the road and looked out of sync against a good defense, if we had the ability to come back. That was Herbstriets question about Auburn, we changed his view today.

Shake off the frustration of not beating the smaller school up the road by a larger margin. I kinda' like the fact that they felt,if only for a fleating moment, that they actually had a chance. :D

If we keep on winning, it will work out. :thumbsup:

Keep the Faith...WAR EAGLE....O N E at a time. :au::au:

Archived