Tuberville needs to find...

rexbo

This thread is a classic in demonstrating that you just can't make some people happy. I guess we all find happiness in different ways. I said last week I would be happy to beat bama by one point. I am estatic today!!!!!!!!!

If we win the SECC so be it but it just gets us a banner to fly somewhere and soon be forgottten.

If we should win the NC that's great but it too is a fleeting moment and you get a glass egg that's forgotten about in a week or so.

Without having to think about for more than a few seconds or having to look it up. how many can readily say who won the SECCG or the NC 2-3 years ago.

But I know who won the Iron Bowl 4 out of the last 5 years. Winning the Iron Bowl, man that's the ultimate....defeating the enemy, winning the war,bragging rights for a year, the State title, etc.

Being 11-0 and having won three Iron Bowls in a row....it don't get any better than that. Thanks TT, all the coaches and especially a great bunch of players. :au:

And thank most of our fans for appreciating them.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am getting tired of hearing all this griping about us not scoring big enough! We are 11-0 and complaining about not winning by a bigger margin. I never knew we had so many Sooners, Cornhuskers, and Hurricane fans on this board. Give this kind of talk a rest guys! Can you imagine what all this complaining sounds like to outsiders that visit the board. Quit whining about the margin of victory and the polls and let's win the freaking SEC CG first! I am sorry for sounding like a jacka**, but I do believe some of us are sounding like something we use to give fans of Miami, OU, FSU, etc. a hard time about, a bunch of greedy, whiny, arrogant buffons who do not no how to appreciate what they have! It has been a long time since :au: has been in a position like this and to hear some of you guys complaing like you are about margin of victory and play calling to get one more TD makes me sick to my stomach. I have not posted too much lately because I was getting tired of those kind of posts. But now I have had enough of it. Let's quit acting like a bunch of Big 12, ACC, Big East, fans and start acting like :au: fans!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

makes me sick to my stomach. I have not posted too much lately because I was getting tired of those kind of posts. But now I have had enough of it. Let's quit acting like a bunch of Big 12, ACC, Big East, fans and start acting like  :au:   fans!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

124967[/snapback]

You might be really sick to you stomach if we go 13-0 and do not win a share of the NC.

My criticism of Tubby playing too conservative, too early is nothing new. But it is the first time this season that I have seen The Old Tubby on the sidelines. Do you think that the AU coaching staff thinks that the last win was an impressive win? No improvement required? I seriously doubt it.

For 554 minutes this season Tubby has been masterful. Then a 6 minute lapse into the “old playing not to lose mentality” may have cost us an opportunity to play for the NC. Pull hard for the Fighting Irish. :cheer:

:au:

This thread is a classic in demonstrating that you just can't make some people happy. I guess we all find happiness in different ways. I said last week I would be happy to beat bama by one point. I am estatic today!!!!!!!!!

If we win the SECC so be it but it just gets us a banner to fly somewhere and soon be forgottten.

If we should win the NC that's great but it too is a fleeting moment and you get a glass egg that's forgotten about in a week or so.

Without having to think about for more than a few seconds or having to look it up. how many can readily say who won the SECCG or the NC 2-3 years ago.

But I know who won the Iron Bowl 4 out of the last 5 years. Winning the Iron Bowl, man that's the ultimate....defeating the enemy, winning the war,bragging rights for a year, the State title, etc.

Being 11-0 and having won three Iron Bowls in a row....it don't get any better than that. Thanks TT, all the coaches and especially a great bunch of players. :au:

And thank most of our fans for appreciating them.

124965[/snapback]

Coach like you have all year, for 4 quarters, that will make me happy.

Fleeting moment??? That's a joke right? It is no long enough just to win the Iron Bowl, Tubby said as much last December.

but I do believe some of us are sounding like something we use to give fans of Miami, OU, FSU, etc. a hard time about, a bunch of greedy, whiny, arrogant buffons who do not no how to appreciate what they have!  :au:   fans!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

124967[/snapback]

All recent National Champs. Pretty good company. 11-0 is great, but a 13-0, National Championship season would be even better, right??? Sometimes I wonder with some of you guys.

but I do believe some of us are sounding like something we use to give fans of Miami, OU, FSU, etc. a hard time about, a bunch of greedy, whiny, arrogant buffons who do not no how to appreciate what they have!  :au:   fans!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

124967[/snapback]

All recent National Champs. Pretty good company. 11-0 is great, but a 13-0, National Championship season would be even better, right??? Sometimes I wonder with some of you guys.

124988[/snapback]

Well sometimes we all wonder about you raven. Did you take your medication today?

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

124967[/snapback]

124988[/snapback]

Well sometimes we all wonder about you raven. Did you take your medication today?

124989[/snapback]

Wow. That was an innovative reponse 88. Are you half baked???

No I'm not. Are you a douchebag? Yes, you are.

Are you here complaining about our coach after an 11-0 regular season and the first undefeated sec season by any sec team in six years? Like I said, yes, you are a douchebag.

Are you here complaining about our coach after an 11-0 regular season and the first undefeated sec season by any sec team in six years? Like I said, yes, you are a douchebag.

124996[/snapback]

You need a douche bag??? The itch has made you irritable, huh? Itchy and the munchies ain't life a...

124996[/snapback]

You need a douche bag??? The itch has made you irritable, huh? Itchy and the munchies ain't life a...

124997[/snapback]

Well raven I'll just let everyone read this thread and draw their own conclusions. The need to complain after a PERFECT regular season seems to indicate a need for medication. Whether its manic depression, obsessive/compulsive behavior, or you are just a plain freaking idiot who knows, and I really don't care.

Now you just continue complaining about our coach after a FREAKING PERFECT regular season and let everyone continue to observe what an unmedicated buffoon you are.

You know who this really sucks for and not one person has mentioned it, but its those kids that go out there every Saturday and play the games. Its there blood, sweat, and tears.

When people start talking about well if we would have won by more they are going to think of what they should of done. Rogers is probably thinking if only I didn't slip, or Wallace thinking if I just held onto the ball, Pitts thinking if I had just been quicker on the ball, O-line thinking if I hadn't missed my assignment or been more powering on my blocks, Carnell and Ronnie thinking if I would have made this cut or that, or Vaughn thinking if I had just been 4 inches to the right.

I bet you would be hard pressed to find one member of this team this year that would support the idea that Tuberville did not do what he thought was best to put them in the position to compete for the NC. He can't control computers and he can't control the thinking of the voters.

Mean look at how silly the computers are anyway, we drop Alabama and pick up Harvard, then dump Ark and pick up someone like William & Mary then we are in the Orange Bowl.

124996[/snapback]

124997[/snapback]

Well raven I'll just let everyone read this thread and draw their own conclusions. The need to complain after a PERFECT regular season seems to indicate a need for medication. Whether its manic depression, obsessive/compulsive behavior, or you are just a plain freaking idiot who knows, and I really don't care.

Now you just continue complaining about our coach after a FREAKING PERFECT regular season and let everyone continue to observe what an unmedicated buffoon you are.

125000[/snapback]

Is that your medical opinion or a diagnosis based on your past experience??? I hope that you are not one of the people crying about why we were left out of the OB if OU and SC win out. How's that glaucoma treatment going?

Least any of you forget.

AUBURN BEAT BAMA yesterday!

That makes 3 in a row!

AUBURN is headed to the SECC!

AUBURN has a chance to play for the NC!

If they don't play for the NC, I will still be proud of what they accomplished this year. I have truly enjoyed watching this AUBURN team play this year. I can't remember another AUBURN team playing as closely as this team. From top to bottom this team has been a pleasure to watch.

This coaching staff has possibly done a better job than any staff in the history of AUBURN football. IMHO

WAR EAGLE ! ! ! ! ! !

Great post, TigerMike! That's what it's all about.

It seems as if going 11-0 really burns the anti-Tuberville crowd. Not only did he prove them wrong, but he made some of them them look like jackasses in the process.... and that rankles them to the core. Some things never change.

Disagreeing with some of the decisions that Tuberville has made is not being anti-Tuberville. I thoroughly disagreed with the choice of Nall as OC last year and let that be known. But I was never calling for his head, only that he needed to get a real OC in place. I disagreed with the choice to not keep the same play calling on our last drive as we had on the previous 4, because I thought it would keep 'Bama in the game and probably go down to the last minute, which it did, and a close game would hurt us in the polls, which it did. This wasn't a hindsight after the game thought, where I said hmm, what anti-Tuberville thing can I throw out on the forum. When I saw the play calling during that last drive, and that he was going to sit on the lead with 'Bama within 2 scores, I disagreed loudly at the TV with my wife as witness. After seeing how great this team is, and knowing that they are the best team in the country and that these players deserve a shot at the NC, some of us have set our sights a little higher than just beating 'Bama and winning the SEC. How does that make us anti-Tuberville and anti-Auburn?

This is NOT last year.

WAR EAGLE....eleven and OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ! ! ! ! :au:

I for one, am happy about the win, I went and celebrated as hard as anyone! I am not happy about us winning by 8. We should not have given up the last TD with the prevent defense. Thank goodness we did score the last TD, or it would have been 14-13.

CTT does not have the killer instinct he needs. You never saw Spurrier sit on a lead in a big game;Nor Osborne at NU; Stoops hasn't; USC hasn't. That's why they will play in the BCS game.

This is just like 1983 when Dye refused to go for a TD, and was playing it safe the whole game. It cost him his NC as Saturday cost CTC his one shot.

We can all appreciate what this team has done and love them for it. A perfect regular season, three straight over UAT, and hopefully an SEC Championship. A shot at the BCS NC would have been great; and it was in our hands. In a card game, you could say we just folded and went home with our winnings.

AUBURN 11 - 0

IT'S GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER ! ! ! ! ! !

UNDEFEATED

UNTIDE

:au::au::au::au::au::au::au:

Yes indeed. That is the message we should send to the Auburn Tigers...."You went undefeated, but, you didn't rub it in enough!"

Unreal................ :blink:

I for one, am happy about the win, I went and celebrated as hard as anyone! I am not happy about us winning by 8. We should not have given up the last TD with the prevent defense. Thank goodness we did score the last TD, or it would have been 14-13.

CTT does not have the killer instinct he needs. You never saw Spurrier sit on a lead in a big game;Nor Osborne at NU; Stoops hasn't; USC hasn't. That's why they will play in the BCS game.

This is just like 1983 when Dye refused to go for a TD, and was playing it safe the whole game. It cost him his NC as Saturday cost CTC his one shot.

We can all appreciate what this team has done and love them for it. A perfect regular season, three straight over UAT, and hopefully an SEC Championship. A shot at the BCS NC would have been great;  and it was in our hands. In a card game, you could say we just folded and went home with our winnings.

125162[/snapback]

This is a nice explanation of what happened.

Yes we are all proud of the guys, BUT chances at a MNC onbly come ever so often. To have the mentality that we are just glad to be here, well that shows through to the voters. Whether or not the BCS is flawed (it is) is not the question. It is what we have. We knew going into the game we would have to have a wide gap in the score to get the votes. To ignore this fact may well have cost us our chance. That's all we are saying. GREEDY? Any fan or player who does not want a shot at a MNC is, and always will be, an "also ran."

Nobody's down on the team, we are just upset that we had it in our hand and with over one quarter of play left, we shut it down. When you have on the line what we did, you can't afford to shut it down.

So don't come out with all your rah rah rah and call us the bad guys. We are happy with a great season, but would be ecstatic with a chance to show how good we are on the field. We know that AU is the #1 team in the nation. We would just prefer to have the opportunity to show the rest of the country. And now it seems because of the lack of pursuit in the 4th quarter, we may not get that chance.....

You never saw Spurrier sit on a lead in a big game;Nor Osborne at NU; Stoops hasn't; USC hasn't. That's why they will play in the BCS game.

You are sorely mistaken. It has far more to do with where Auburn was ranked in the preseason than anything else.

And BTW, just because AU may not go to the OB, doesn't mean they're excluded from the NC......look at last season

Archived