"We're going like this!"

tigerbrotha12

CGM has said this after every win, and possibly after every game if after the LSU loss. He points up with his hand; think this is quickly becoming a team motto, and shows our players not to quit getting better but to keep going up. Just noticed this trend

The highlight video definitely shows Gus using these words. The players look like they like it!

He has been using this statement with the team after every game this year. You can see it on "Auburn Everyday" and the "Auburn Football Review".

It's been a good show this year. I set my DVR to record them each time they comes on. Both shows air twice a week on DTV, I think channel 649. You can always just do a search on your reciever for proper channel. Only one episode each week for each show though. I just get a duplicate that I have to delete, but I don't want to change my settings incase the programming is off with the guide. It has been once this year so I'm glad I am recording both showings every week. Otherwise I would have missed it this last week for outlaw racing being on during the timeslot.

I like the whole stadium thing.....get the announcer to give some sort of que. When I went to the BSU game earlier this year the announcer would say "And that's another Boise State" and the crowd would all yell FIRST DOWN. One of my favorite parts of the BSU experience.

I like the whole stadium thing.....get the announcer to give some sort of que. When I went to the BSU game earlier this year the announcer would say "And that's another Boise State" and the crowd would all yell FIRST DOWN. One of my favorite parts of the BSU experience.

Arkansas does this in their stadium. Very annoying IMO.

What would really be cool is if we can get the whole stadium to yell "BOOM!" after each score with CGM.

Like it! Stadium Announcer: "HOW BOUT THAT!" .. Crowd: "BOOM!"

I actually started on a project earlier this year where I was making poster boards for everyone in a certain row all the way along the sideline behind our bench that said "HE GONE" so that when one of our players is streaking down the sideline for a TD we could all hold up the sign as he passes us.. like the wave for a touchdown.

Where can one find Auburn Everyday episodes? On youtube all I could find was the first episode. Thanks

We need to start doing that in the stands after every touchdown or big play!!! That would look cool.

Or it might look like a stadium full of folks doing the Nazi salute.

We need to start doing that in the stands after every touchdown or big play!!! That would look cool.

Maybe we could point?

I actually started on a project earlier this year where I was making poster boards for everyone in a certain row all the way along the sideline behind our bench that said "HE GONE" so that when one of our players is streaking down the sideline for a TD we could all hold up the sign as he passes us.. like the wave for a touchdown.

I give that idea a 'D'.

. . . . . for DI-NO-MITE! That's brilliant. That's some SportsCenter intro stuff right there.

I second this... tremendously annoying. That's why I hope I don't hear it once next Saturday.

I second this... tremendously annoying. That's why I hope I don't hear it once next Saturday.

I can imagine it could be especially if it's not your fans yelling it.

I give that idea a 'D'.

. . . . . for DI-NO-MITE! That's brilliant. That's some SportsCenter intro stuff right there.

Well thank you sir! I think it would look so awesome. Maybe we should unveil it at the Iron Bowl. BOOM!

Haha, that's true. There was someone in that locker room video (Marshall, maybe?) that was kind of making a "wave" as he was pointing up. That was what I was picturing...

The Waaaaar Eagle during kickoffs is our whole stadium thing. Some schools have interesting ones (IMO Gator Chomp to the tune of Jaws) and Notre Dame's Knute Rockne-era 1st Down wave (which FSU ripped off as a tomahawk chop they do when prompted by the band) but some are incredibly annoying. "The Wave" is finally dying down...although a few tradition-wannabes like Oregon apparently just discoverd it. The Aggie "kiss yer gal" after (3d quarter?) every game is classic. Careful adopting new things just to be trendy. Who can forget our marketing attempt to give a "Swamp", "Death Valley" etc name to Jordan-Hare Stadium. "The Jungle"? Gotta feel it for it to catch on.

The idea of shouting "Boom" after a touchdown would be great. If we do it after every first down, like Bama, Georgia, and others do with every first down, it gets old in a hurry. Plus it looks like we are copying them, instead of coming up with ower own thing. All it would take is for a section to do it after the 1st TD, and others would join in. "Boom" has become a term that is owers, and not that others can't use it, but we are the pioneers in using it. Just like ower is our with a War Eagle (we) in the middle. That comes from WareaglePost.com, by the way.

Not a fan of special gestures after a first down. Kansas State did it and it bugged the hell out of me. To me, it screams, "We don't have a strong history of winning, so we will cheer moving the chains". Why Bama started doing it boggles my mind. They have tradition that doesn't need a gimmick. So do we.

Anything that happens has to happen organically or else it won't last. We all remember how poorly our "Touchdown Auburn" thing worked out after Jim Fyffe passed away. Part of the excitement of being in the stadium is the spontaneity of celebrating with other members of the Auburn Family. We don't need to gin up fake enthusiasm. Let it happen on its own.

Where can one find Auburn Everyday episodes? On youtube all I could find was the first episode. Thanks

On Direct TV it's channel 649. On DISH, channel 437, which is what I have, it's every Friday 5:00 - 5:30 EDT and again at 11:00. Also on DISH 437, the Auburn Football Review at 11:00 EDT on Sunday and 3:30 onTuesday. Hope this helps. :)

Archived