2014 3* JUCO DT Dalvon Stuckey (Arizona State signee)

ellitor

Dalvon Stuckey de-committed from Miami on Sunday following a visit to Auburn. He committed to the Tigers Wednesday night.

What impacted Dalvon Stuckey? "The Auburn fans are unbelievable. It's so cool to be around those fans and listen to them, they're awesome."

@JHokanson

4_95175.jpg

Dalvon Stuckey, DT

Pearl River C.C. by way of Defuniak Springs, FL (Walton)

Ht: 6-3 | Wt: 300

Offers: Alabama, Cincinnati, Florida, Florida Atlantic, Louisiana-Lafayette, Miami, Nebraska, Temple, Texas, Utah State and West Virginia, among others.

- Previously committed to Miami

- Lead Recruiter: Rodney Garner

- Believed to be one of the top targets on Auburn's board

- Per WDEWDE Garner likes him a lot especially as a pass rusher

247Sports: 3*

Rivals: 4*

Scout: 3*

Talented interior defensive lineman from Walton County High in Florida. He played in five games as a freshman in 2012, and logged four tackles. He was a one-time Florida State signee.

http://auburn.scout....c=1&nid=6974838

juco highlights (warning: music may offend some)

1451347_654749037881850_65120307_n.png

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comments from some folks following the 247 article post seemed to suggest they weren't too thrilled w/ how he presented himself. Interesting.

I called them on that crap to. That is the last thing we need. You know he knew the article was coming and likely read it. For AU "fans" to be calling kids Trouble and saying that we don't want him and telling him to stay in Miami is ridiculous. One guy said that we are stacked at DT. Another thinks we have to stop taking JUCO kids. And about 6 on the first page posted "Pass". Why don't they moderate over there a little? No need to be Nazis about it but some stuff should not be said about a kid.

Comments from some folks following the 247 article post seemed to suggest they weren't too thrilled w/ how he presented himself. Interesting.

I called them on that crap to. That is the last thing we need. You know he knew the article was coming and likely read it. For AU "fans" to be calling kids Trouble and saying that we don't want him and telling him to stay in Miami is ridiculous. One guy said that we are stacked at DT. Another thinks we have to stop taking JUCO kids. And about 6 on the first page posted "Pass". Why don't they moderate over there a little? No need to be Nazis about it but some stuff should not be said about a kid.

I understand completely. It's not cool to rip young kids who just don't know a whole lot better. However, these players are in different positions than most others their age. They have greater privileges, and with those come greater responsibilities.

I will also say that while we may not be "stacked" at DT, we might be in a lot better shape than we think. I feel like Garner & Co. are starting to teach some of the bad habits out of these kids and help them play up to their potential. Time will tell, but I believe we are going to see some great things out of the defensive interior next year.

Whether we are "stacked" next season or not, we're going to need quality depth the year after that. Adams, Bradley, and possibly Daniel are the only current rotation players that could factor into the DT rotation in two years. That sounds like a perfect fit for a JUCO DT.

"Whether we are "stacked" next season or not, we're going to need quality depth the year after that. Adams, Bradley, and possibly Daniel are the only current rotation players that could factor into the DT rotation in two years. That sounds like a perfect fit for a JUCO DT."

...and Nero. But other than that, you're right: we need the beef.

Nero isn't in the current rotation. JaBrian Niles could find his way into the rotation down the line as well. My point is, there won't be anyone on the roster with game experience other than those three guys (and no guarantee that Daniel gets moved to DT full-time).

Nero isn't in the current rotation. JaBrian Niles could find his way into the rotation down the line as well. My point is, there won't be anyone on the roster with game experience other than those three guys (and no guarantee that Daniel gets moved to DT full-time).

Jab looked good against WCU. I know, I know, but he did look good.

He looked good. Agree. But the odds of him cracking the rotation next year (with Wright, Bradley, Blackson, Adams, Whitaker, and Daniel all returning) are not good. Odds are, we're a good fit for a JUCO DT in this class and/or the 2015 class.

He looked good. Agree. But the odds of him cracking the rotation next year (with Wright, Bradley, Blackson, Adams, Whitaker, and Daniel all returning) are not good. Odds are, we're a good fit for a JUCO DT in this class and/or the 2015 class.

AU is looking to adding 3 more DL's, 1 DE & 2 DL's, in this class. I think they will.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived