2014 3* JUCO DT Dalvon Stuckey (Arizona State signee)

ellitor

Just waiting on the final sit down. Thanks for the reponse guys. On another note. If Stuckey is accepted. Is the plan for 1 more DT and 1 more DE for this class? Ultimately 3 at each position?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just waiting on the final sit down. Thanks for the reponse guys. On another note. If Stuckey is accepted. Is the plan for 1 more DT and 1 more DE for this class? Ultimately 3 at each position?

I think this is the plan.

I think this is the plan.

We might take 4 DE in this class.

Guessing Gus talks to the potential commits about being firmly commited to AU and helping to push their recruiting class to be the best it an be. If they are on board, Gus will give the yes, if they waffle about any of this, Gus will tell the recruit that he is not ready to accept the commitment.

Guessing Gus talks to the potential commits about being firmly commited to AU and helping to push their recruiting class to be the best it an be. If they are on board, Gus will give the yes, if they waffle about any of this, Gus will tell the recruit that he is not ready to accept the commitment.

I hope this is the case. Young adults can be swayed easily, and everyone is replaceable. Gus has this bus moving in the right direction for sure.

That was the original thought. but now we may take 4 DEs and 2 DTs. That's because the staff sees Andrew Williams developing into a DT.

Is Stuckey a game changer like some of the other DE's of the past class?

All I know is Garner feels he is.

Ultimately, that's all that matters. He's been pretty good at evaluating talent haha

Al.com, 11/19/13

by Mike Herndon

Dalvon Stuckey, a four-star defensive tackle from Pearl River (Miss.) Community College, de-committed from Miami shortly after visiting the Plains last weekend and on Tuesday announced on his Facebook page: "Keep calm .... I'm going to Auburn."

As of Tuesday afternoon, however, Stuckey had not been confirmed as a commitment. According to 247Sports, Stuckey "wants to commit. Right now, the ball is in Auburn's court."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/11/auburn_visit_prompts_4-star_ju.html

ESPN has him committed to us our their recruiting site fwiw.

Could something have happened with a higher rated recruit over the weekend? Sounds like he was pretty sure he had a commitable offer, and I can't imagine Garner and Gus being so out of sync that CRG would tell him we had room for him when Malzahn didn't agree. Just odd to not be hearing anything by now.

Edit: it's also possible that in just being paranoid after the way the Casher thing shook out. I know that was a different situation since Casher had burnt us before

The last 2 "almost commitments" have been very odd! I'm hoping that this means that someone higher on the board has the staff feeling confident.

My question is "if the staff could only take one JUCO DT, would it be Lawrence or Stuckey?" Which one is higher on Garner's board?

There's a fly in the ointment somewhere. A degree of due dilligence has to be performed before AU takes a player's committment. Something may have turned up. I don't think the delay is because we've found a higher rated prospect.

There's a fly in the ointment somewhere. A degree of due dilligence has to be performed before AU takes a player's committment. Something may have turned up. I don't think the delay is because we've found a higher rated prospect.

Checking to see if he is a mid year grad or something like that maybe? JUCO's are notorious for not sending transcripts and such in a timely manner.

Gus is not ready to take Stuckey's commitment yet. Gus wants to talk to the juco coach and look deeper into Stuckey's grades. Per Stuckey's words he has a 2.8 GPA. But those of us that have followed AU recruiting knows a qualifying GPA is not enough to get jucos into Auburn. They must make a C or better in core classes such as English to have that class counted to get into Auburn. Other schools will allow Ds if the overall GPA qualifies. See Lavon Hooks from last year.

The staff knows Stuckey will not be a mid year grad.

Gus is not ready to take Stuckey's commitment yet. Gus wants to talk to the juco coach and look deeper into Stuckey's grades. Per Stuckey's words he has a 2.8 GPA. But those of us that have followed AU recruiting knows a qualifying GPA is not enough to get jucos into Auburn. They must make a C or better in core classes such as English to have that class counted to get into Auburn. Other schools will allow Ds if the overall GPA qualifies. See Lavon Hooks from last year.

The staff knows Stuckey will not be a mid year grad.

Well that's completely understandable.

Archived