AU vs Tennessee - 11/09

RunInRed

Thanks, E, for the explanation.

Plus, it could be worse. We could be playing at 11:30 pm, like Appy State at Georgia (as it says in RIR's original post). :poke:

Let's look on the bright side, too. No Gary and Verne.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am happy with this time slot. An away game being a day game is better for us, in my opinion. I also like waking up on Saturday and not having to wait a long time for our game! Should be a fun Saturday.

Guys Chillax. Your anger and disappointment is misdirected. CBS gets 1 night game a year and in that week they also get a 2:30 game the same day. CBS gets the first choice for the night game. In this case it was Bama/LSU. Contrary to popular belief as seen by the posts in this thread, per the media rights SEC contract CBS does not have the #2 pick of games in weeks when they have a doubleheader. ESPN has the #2 pick always and with that pick they chose AU/UTk and put it at 11. Think back to 2 weeks ago when CBS had a doubleheader.if CBS had the #2 pick they would have picked a better game on paper than UGA/Vandy. ESPN had the #2 and they chose the SCar/UTk game and put it at 11 also. ESPN has contracts to show games from either the Big Ten and/or ACC at 2:30 so showing the Auburn/UTk game at 2:30 was not even an option for them. 11 was the only spot ESPN could put that game.

Take your logic and evidence back to some place that isn't an internet message board!

:Sing:

Isn't it a requirement to have at least one early game a year?

I believe this is correct also. I had hoped it would be the arkie game but at least it's not the thuga or bammer game that is early.

Isn't it a requirement to have at least one early game a year?

I believe this is correct also. I had hoped it would be the arkie game but at least it's not the thuga or bammer game that is early.

Not a requirement. LSU for example will have 0 morning slot games.

I kind of like because I will be there and I will have time after the game for refreshments. Hopefully celebrating .

Very disappointed with the time slot. ...only makes things harder for us imo....early game on the road the last 10 years has been recipe for disaster

What i was thinking...

I live in the Alpharetta area of North Atlanta. Tennessee's freshman QB Dobbs played QB at Alpharetta HS. I have watched him play a few games. He was listed as a 4 star QB out of HS. He was a 2 sport star with baseball too. Not sure if he is playing baseball for TN, but he wanted to. He has a good arm, but the kid is very skinny. A good hit on him from a 300 pd DT may put him out of the game. UT does have a good OL.

This week will be a huge test for him as Mizzou's defense is good. It will be interesting to see if he survives the game and plays well.

This is the game I have been looking forward to all year as a litmus test to see how much we have improved but after beating A&M I don't think it holds the same value. Gosh I hope we dismantle them! (Dobbs could be a difference maker unless Lawson..)

This is the game I have been looking forward to all year as a litmus test to see how much we have improved but after beating A&M I don't think it holds the same value. Gosh I hope we dismantle them! (Dobbs could be a difference maker unless Lawson..)

Based on what I hVe seen of Dobbs in HS and at UT, he may be better than he was in HS but he is not Jeremy Johnson and or Nick Marshall. UT will play hard but I do of think they can match all of our speed and talent.

I do not get how Texas A&M/Mississippi State got the 2:30pm CT slot..

Johnny FOOTBALL - enough said. The media moron's love the kid.

And the rest the country does, too. CBS probably realizes that more people want to see Manziel play than Auburn vs. Tennessee.

True. That's how our game with A&M got the 2:30 slot.

Every coach I've seen address the matter loves the early game on the road and hates it at home. Assuming they know what they are talking about, this helps Auburn.

I do not get how Texas A&M/Mississippi State got the 2:30pm CT slot..

Johnny FOOTBALL - enough said. The media moron's love the kid.

And the rest the country does, too. CBS probably realizes that more people want to see Manziel play than Auburn vs. Tennessee.

True. That's how our game with A&M got the 2:30 slot.

CBS had the #1 and #4 choices. ESPN had the #2 and #3 choices and chose Auburn.

Every coach I've seen address the matter loves the early game on the road and hates it at home. Assuming they know what they are talking about, this helps Auburn.

^^This^^ Think about how we, as AU fans, feel for those early games (being actually at the stadium). Definitely a more "lethargic" atmosphere in the 1st quarter vs the 4th quarter. Things don't go right early, then the lower energy level can permeate the whole atmosphere. Not a bad thing when you're the Road Team.

^^This^^ Think about how we, as AU fans, feel for those early games (being actually at the stadium). Definitely a more "lethargic" atmosphere in the 1st quarter vs the 4th quarter. Things don't go right early, then the lower energy level can permeate the whole atmosphere. Not a bad thing when you're the Road Team.

Not a bad thing when your the road team...and your winning! It's horrible when your losing. but I don't see any way we aren't in the lead and pulling away by the end of the 1st quarter. This will be a quiet crowd and probably half empty by halftime.

Not a bad thing when your the road team...and your winning! It's horrible when your losing. but I don't see any way we aren't in the lead and pulling away by the end of the 1st quarter. This will be a quiet crowd and probably half empty by halftime.

True, so true. When you're losing and that's taken over the team's psyche, you could play at midnight, 3 a.m., 8 p.m..... wouldn't matter. I will reserve judgment until I see UT play Mizzou this weekend. Was last week really just choking against uat, or did they really peak against ugly and USCe?

Soooo I've been to K--ville for an A.M. Game against Kentucky back in 04. My brother and I got two tickets for 15 a piece by the tunnel and two for 20 a piece on the opposite side in he dry as they call it.

Will tickets in Knoxville be cheap considering the early start time?

Archived