John Longshore - I needs some input

AUcivE09

So a professional society I am a member of recently scheduled John Longshore to speak. I have to say I found it wierd, to say the least, that this guy was contacted and asked to speak to an engineering society (ASCE). BTW - I had nothing to do with this.

I do not know much about the guy other than he is apparently a bama guy. Anything I should know about him and are there any questions I should ask him that could be fun for us to talk about on here (I will post an answer to all the questions I can get in). Needless to say he was not asked to show up and speak about anything "Professional" and I expect this meeting to go about as well as a call in radio show.

Getting a Zero for this one. Pure entertainment - whatever that turns out to be. Ill assume the best. I have googled the guy and lets just say he was less than impressed with Gus while mentioning Beilema in the same sentence with Saban and Miles. Oops

Getting a Zero for this one. Pure entertainment - whatever that turns out to be. Ill assume the best. I have googled the guy and lets just say he was less than impressed with Gus while mentioning Beilema in the same sentence with Saban and Miles. Oops

Not surprising. John's a horse's arse.

He's nothing but another of the in state media bamasuckbutts. I've never heard him open his mouth without insulting Auburn and sucking on bamr's behind. Not worth the powder it would take t blow him up. I hope he's paying your society enough to make it worth your time to sit and listen to his babble.

So a professional society I am a member of recently scheduled John Longshore to speak. I have to say I found it wierd, to say the least, that this guy was contacted and asked to speak to an engineering society (ASCE). BTW - I had nothing to do with this.

I do not know much about the guy other than he is apparently a bama guy. Anything I should know about him and are there any questions I should ask him that could be fun for us to talk about on here (I will post an answer to all the questions I can get in). Needless to say he was not asked to show up and speak about anything "Professional" and I expect this meeting to go about as well as a call in radio show.

Not really a bad guy, but just being totally honest he is not very bright and he will tell you that. Openly discusses how he squeezed 4 years of college (at bama) into 7 or 8 years. Just listening to him over the radio (again not a bad guy) I just can't see him being a very good public speaker.

I am not trying to be rude or critical in any way but I would (especially for an engineering society ) recommend someone else.

Try a Maxwell AFB, engineer. Several great "Public Speakers" at Air University there at Maxwell AFB.

Who scheduled that nimrod to speak to a professional society? Longshore will butcher the English language so badly he'll make Norm Crosby look like an amateur the difference is, Norm Crosby did on purpose. He's a typical bama homer whose arrogance is laughable. Ask him to do your professional society a favor by not talking about Alabama. If you do that he'll have nothing to say.

Archived