Jameis Winston investigated for sexual assault?

AUDub

Something stinks in this story but we have to see what information comes out. i for one cringed when he talked about God after the game inferring that God made it happen. An honorable faith driven man does not have one night consensual sex let alone force themselves on women. I just think he is an arrogant jerk and plays to the media.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something stinks in this story but we have to see what information comes out. i for one cringed when he talked about God after the game inferring that God made it happen. An honorable faith driven man does not have one night consensual sex let alone force themselves on women. I just think he is an arrogant jerk and plays to the media.

Perhaps he thinks he is God so he was saying he made it possible. That would match up with him saying he put the entire team on his back and carried them to victory? :)

Now accuser is looking at a civil lawsuit.

http://espn.go.com/c...rterback-police

well we all knew this was coming at some point. It was simply when would it happen.

How so?

I mean a civil suit was bound to happen. Happens all the time. Remember OJ got sued. You didn't think that the,decision to not prosecute was the end did you?

What interests me the most is what, if anything,will happen in the TPD. They screwed this thing up royally. Was it just incompetence or were they looking out for the star player on the football team?

What interests me the most is what, if anything,will happen in the TPD. They screwed this thing up royally. Was it just incompetence or were they looking out for the star player on the football team?

That is the questioned to be answered.

Mikey, you gave some good examples of possible REC shenanigans, just a little short on the details. Those things happened before most of us were around. I have seen some good posts by IronTiger on ITAT that gives good details on the events. Most of what you wrote was about the recruit/player named Don Fuell and our 1958 probation. Supposedly the NCAA didn't even give Fuell or us a chance to defend ourselves and had their penalties ready when we walked into the room in Atlanta.

The most recent and concrete REC activity against us had to be Eric Ramsey and his tape recordings. I thought at first the REC were fueling the Cam saga but I firmly believe now that was mostly Urban Myer and an out of control media. As SVP once said on ESPN radio, the only thing the media loves more than a unknown star rising to the top is watching him fall in disgrace.

The story with JW and the REC conspiracies is an example of us being paranoid. The REC is not pushing that story because bama was scared of FSU. That is a case of a girl, her family, and her lawyer seeking justice after JW becomes famous. They contacted the right people/media and got that case brought into the limelight. OR more likely setting themselves up for a much more winnable civil trial and monetary reward when they sue Winston in the future.

So you think the family waited around the better part of a year and then decided to bring this case back up? I think it's more likely that a bamzo lawyer down around Tampa thought November would be a great time to unearth the mess.

A leopard doesn't change his spots. The sons and grandsons of those who perpetrated the Don Fuell injustice on Auburn are trying to do the same things, they've just had to modernize.

Mikey, you gave some good examples of possible REC shenanigans, just a little short on the details. Those things happened before most of us were around. I have seen some good posts by IronTiger on ITAT that gives good details on the events. Most of what you wrote was about the recruit/player named Don Fuell and our 1958 probation. Supposedly the NCAA didn't even give Fuell or us a chance to defend ourselves and had their penalties ready when we walked into the room in Atlanta.

The most recent and concrete REC activity against us had to be Eric Ramsey and his tape recordings. I thought at first the REC were fueling the Cam saga but I firmly believe now that was mostly Urban Myer and an out of control media. As SVP once said on ESPN radio, the only thing the media loves more than a unknown star rising to the top is watching him fall in disgrace.

The story with JW and the REC conspiracies is an example of us being paranoid. The REC is not pushing that story because bama was scared of FSU. That is a case of a girl, her family, and her lawyer seeking justice after JW becomes famous. They contacted the right people/media and got that case brought into the limelight. OR more likely setting themselves up for a much more winnable civil trial and monetary reward when they sue Winston in the future.

So you think the family waited around the better part of a year and then decided to bring this case back up? I think it's more likely that a bamzo lawyer down around Tampa thought November would be a great time to unearth the mess.

A leopard doesn't change his spots. The sons and grandsons of those who perpetrated the Don Fuell injustice on Auburn are trying to do the same things, they've just had to modernize.

Exactly!!

I'm not sure who to believe in this scenario as if you read the 89 page report there is damning versions on both sides, but what I do know is the press conference sure did make the State Attorney's office look like a bunch of incompetent morons up there laughing and joking with the press about how information wasn't passed along, etc.

If this was supposed to be a serious investigation, they didn't treat it as such in a professional way. If there was misconduct by TPD or the SAO, I would want some heads to roll too. Unless there is concrete evidence that there was misconduct in the investigation, it's over.

All I think is that these gentlemen could have acted like professionals....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2013/12/05/laughter-at-jameis-winston-press-conference-struck-wrong-note-video/

Mikey, you gave some good examples of possible REC shenanigans, just a little short on the details. Those things happened before most of us were around. I have seen some good posts by IronTiger on ITAT that gives good details on the events. Most of what you wrote was about the recruit/player named Don Fuell and our 1958 probation.....

PS, sort of. It was not my intention to detail every sleezy scheme the REC (for lack of a better term) has orchestrated since the beginning of time. Many are well documented elsewhere. I chose the Fuell case because the facts are easily obtainable. In the early 1940's some prior professor at UAT had a guilt trip "confession is good for the soul" experience and wrote of all their mis-deeds in a book. I don't recall the title but it's out there, and that was before Auburn became their biggest target.

Did they start the Cam case? No. Did they fan the flames, keep it going and try to get us found guilty of something? Certainly. The same 'ol same 'ol has been going on since before anybody posting on this message board was born. To think it's stopped and call those of us that that think it will never stop conspiracy theorists is naive in the extreme.

I didn't say the REC has stopped. That booster club is still active obviously. I just find the notion that they were involved in the JW case to be paranoia. I have not read any reasonable explanation why they would be involved in that story. Do you think they are pushing the girl towards the civil suit now? Please tell me no.

The REC did most of their work in the days when the public had to depend on the print media for most of their news. It was easy to cover their trail then. In today's information/internet age they have lost most of their power and can not operate in the shadows like they used to. bama may not be penalized for all the transgressions we think their boosters are committing, but at least they are out there for everyone to read about now.

This whole discussion reminds me of how our rivals talked about us on as the plains burn. Rivals always think their opponents have some dark machinations in progress.

I'm not sure who to believe in this scenario as if you read the 89 page report there is damning versions on both sides, but what I do know is the press conference sure did make the State Attorney's office look like a bunch of incompetent morons up there laughing and joking with the press about how information wasn't passed along, etc.

If this was supposed to be a serious investigation, they didn't treat it as such in a professional way. If there was misconduct by TPD or the SAO, I would want some heads to roll too. Unless there is concrete evidence that there was misconduct in the investigation, it's over.

http://www.washingto...ong-note-video/

I agree completely. I think the state attorneys were extremely hesitant to take this to trial for numerous reasons. They don't like prosecuting cases that they think they can lose, especially high profile cases that will create a media circus. Because of FSU's rule that would have made JW ineligible they knew if they pressed charges they might as well not run for re-election. I wonder if their light hearted approach to that press conference was a way to try and deflect the notion that this was a serious allegation... to make it appear these were not serious charges.

All the legal experts I have seen weigh in on this case seems to think the girl has an outstanding chance of winning the civil trial. They all mention how the burden of proof is different in a civil trial. I am not an attorney.

http://www.washingto...ong-note-video/

I agree completely. I think the state attorneys were extremely hesitant to take this to trial for numerous reasons. They don't like prosecuting cases that they think they can lose, especially high profile cases that will create a media circus. Because of FSU's rule that would have made JW ineligible they knew if they pressed charges they might as well not run for re-election. I wonder if their light hearted approach to that press conference was a way to try and deflect the notion that this was a serious allegation... to make it appear these were not serious charges.

All the legal experts I have seen weigh in on this case seems to think the girl has an outstanding chance of winning the civil trial. They all mention how the burden of proof is different in a civil trial. I am not an attorney.

In a criminal case, the standard of proof for a guilty verdict is 'beyond a reasonable doubt'. In a civil case, the standarf of proof is based on a 'preponderance of the evidence'. The standard of proof for the former is higher than for the latter.

Archived