Can we please please please fire Barbee?

DyeHardAllTheWay

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course it's coaching. When we have a similar collapse in every close game, that's a problem that should have been addressed by the,,,,uh,,,,coach.

When certain things become a trend i don't see how the coach doesn't get some blame. I mean we'd be giving him credit if we did win some of those close games.

While Barbee has done a decent job of recruiting players for whatever reason he has not been able to keep the players around long enough to develop a team concept and identity. He has done a great job of motivating the players as almost every game this year even against really good teams they have played hard and competed. Some people say if we get a new coach the Cupboard would be bare, based on the last few years if we keep Barbee the cupboard will be bare.

I think it is time to get a new coach if we do please support that coach especially over next four years as it does take time to build a program

Barbee has a .258 SEC record since he's been here- that's bad by any standard. If there isn't a search committee up and ready to get busy after we get put out of the conference tourney I'll be very disappointed. I just don't see any justification for retaining him at this point.

Guest jojo1515

Anybody still have any doubt that Barbee is a really terrible coach???? We were up by 16 at home against a team barely over .500 and lost by 8.Tonight was the ugliest, most pathetic, disgusting ridiculous piece of garbage coaching I have ever witnessed beyond the high school level. He should have been fired before he got off the court tonight. Vandy made 1 adjustment when they were down 16 and never had to adjust again. They then won the next 3/4 of the game by 24......AT AUBURN!!! There is no chance for any hope in AU BBall until Barbee is out on his can. He is quickly working the ranks from worst Auburn coach ever to worst college coach ever. He has managed to win 4 of 14 SEC games in his 4th season (28.5 percent). Our team wouldnt be any worse if Barbee sat on the bench with a vow of silence watching movies during the game. He needs to go now.

No need to fire him now....get through the season,,,and let them know before the SEC tourney he is gone...then go get the coach at Wichta State ......

No need to fire him now....get through the season,,,and let them know before the SEC tourney he is gone...then go get the coach at Wichta State ......

+1

I am not a Jon Solomon fan but read his piece in al.com for a very good dose of reality about basketball in the SEC...and the coaching situation at most schools. Top tier coaches are not coming to any school where basketball is more or less a "minor" sport. JMO.

I am not a Jon Solomon fan but read his piece in al.com for a very good dose of reality about basketball in the SEC...and the coaching situation at most schools. Top tier coaches are not coming to any school where basketball is more or less a "minor" sport. JMO.

So interesting that you'd agree with that viewpoint. ;)

The article contains observable and factual information....so what's to disagree with?

Look at the records...and the records of the coaches before they got to the SEC .....and what they have done at various SEC schools in recent years.

I'm neutral on what AU does with Barbee...or what happens at bama, or MSU, or USCe or several other schools because I don't expect much more than a continuation of the same results. JMO.

+1

Yeeeaaa....if only Greg Marshall wasn't making more money than Barbee, playing in a better arena, doesn't have to compete with football and have a much better situation where he is at etc.

The article contains observable and factual information....so what's to disagree with?

Look at the records...and the records of the coaches before they got to the SEC .....and what they have done at various SEC schools in recent years.

I'm neutral on what AU does with Barbee...or what happens at bama, or MSU, or USCe or several other schools because I don't expect much more than a continuation of the same results. JMO.

Unfortunately I have to agree. Unless JJ can shock me and hire Pearl I can't really see our situation improving much from where we are now in 5 years. I can't see how/why any coach with a proven track record would even consider Auburn, and that's more depressing than anything.

If I were the AD, I would take a look at Bobby Hurley. 1st yr head coach at buffalo. Comes from a basketball family and played under coach K. Get him now before he gets picked by a basketball school.

This is the nail in the coffin. I thought we were going to be a better team, but I think the UF game took the wind out of the sails. You got to fire him now.

Just when you think they might be getting a little better they totally lay an egg. Same old stuff. Awful, just plain awful.

This team has been getting more painful and awful to watch. blame the head coach fr no coaching them up and getting the very best out of the players.

This team has been getting more painful and awful to watch. blame the head coach fr no coaching them up and getting the very best out of the players.

Personally,

I think ... we should all

blame

Canada.

Archived