2015 5* DT Trent Thompson (Georgia signee)

EagleDamnWar

Just watched the video. Crazy is all I can say. I thoughts Mack's video was impressive. Thompson looks scary. He beats people up and throws them. He has some Nic Fairly in him. I want this kid. He can dominate.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday on my way home I was listening to a sports talk radio show out of Savannah Ga. They had Trent on for an interview. The lead talking head had talked with him during a camp in Valdosta recently and stated something like Trent told him that he was high on Georgia or Georgia was his number one on his list. Trent listed each of the schools that he had on his list but finished this part with talking about how he had just been to Auburn's junior day that he had had a real good time and named the coaches etc. No other school did he mention coaches names and so on. I got out of range of the station before the interview was over but I felt from the interview that if we were not his new number one we were sure closing the gap on the Dawgs...

Yesterday on my way home I was listening to a sports talk radio show out of Savannah Ga. They had Trent on for an interview. The lead talking head had talked with him during a camp in Valdosta recently and stated something like Trent told him that he was high on Georgia or Georgia was his number one on his list. Trent listed each of the schools that he had on his list but finished this part with talking about how he had just been to Auburn's junior day that he had had a real good time and named the coaches etc. No other school did he mention coaches names and so on. I got out of range of the station before the interview was over but I felt from the interview that if we were not his new number one we were sure closing the gap on the Dawgs...

That's probably because he just left AU. Would not read too much into that.

We are in his top list, but from everything I am hearing, Georgia is our real competition here.

That's probably because he just left AU. Would not read too much into that.

We are in his top list, but from everything I am hearing, Georgia is our real competition here.

Agreed. I'm sure we are what's most recently on his mind, which is a good thing in and of itself. This one is gonna be a long drawn out fight just like Monty Adams. A good year by our d-line will help.

I hope so Dixie. I am more concerned about our DT's stepping up than our DE's. I expect Adams to make a good push and I am hoping that some of our older guys play to the potential they have. I think Daniels may see both DT and DE time. He is a playmaker. Owens looked good at the end of the season too. I hope Wright and Blackson have great years.

I hope so Dixie. I am more concerned about our DT's stepping up than our DE's. I expect Adams to make a good push and I am hoping that some of our older guys play to the potential they have. I think Daniels may see both DT and DE time. He is a playmaker. Owens looked good at the end of the season too. I hope Wright and Blackson have great years.

Don't forget about Whitaker, he was a leader last year despite not playing and this will be his first season not playing injured since he was a freshman. I expect big things out of him with two springs, summers and the last half of the season. He should fully grasp the defense and be very fresh, hopefully playing with a big chip on his shoulder. He was very good his freshman year, he has just lacked that first step his sophomore and junior seasons because of his injury.

Don't forget about Whitaker, he was a leader last year despite not playing and this will be his first season not playing injured since he was a freshman. I expect big things out of him with two springs, summers and the last half of the season. He should fully grasp the defense and be very fresh, hopefully playing with a big chip on his shoulder. He was very good his freshman year, he has just lacked that first step his sophomore and junior seasons because of his injury.

Good point. I agree on Whitaker.

The middle of our defense should be extremely tough next year with the players we have coming back. Bradely, Blackson, Wright, Whitaker, Adams, and Daniels have all seen a lot of time on the field. I'm hoping all of the first 3 I listed start earning some draft talk as the season goes on and that will make us even more attractive to a couple of the 5* DTs we are looking to sign this year.

Gabe has played well, he just isn't consistent. Adams and Daniel will have more of a prescense. Lawrence is a guy I think will really come on. He will nedd a little time, I hope very little. Blackson/Whit/Wright/Bradley sholuld have a chip on their shoulder this year.

I'll take bets that Wright holds one of those two starting jobs. Nosa's spot is up for grabs. I don't think anyone is taking Gabe's starting spot away. My guess for the other starting job: Ben Bradley or Elijah Daniel. Complete stab in the dark, but that's where I'd put my nickel.

I'll take bets that Wright holds one of those two starting jobs. Nosa's spot is up for grabs. I don't think anyone is taking Gabe's starting spot away. My guess for the other starting job: Ben Bradley or Elijah Daniel. Complete stab in the dark, but that's where I'd put my nickel.

Based on past play, if Whitaker is healthy I would have him as the closest thing to a shoe in at the tackle position. He was always the most consistent, even when injured. Now that he is finally healthy he may well be the best tackle on the roster.

I am certain no one is forgetting Adams. He will start pushing offensive lineman around with his strength and quickness with the weight he carries.

I think what everyone is saying is that DT will be strong and deep this year and top DT recruits like Thompson, for whom this thread is named, would have a wonderful opportunity to continue our strong DT play the following year.

Archived