2015 5* DT Trent Thompson (Georgia signee)

EagleDamnWar

an 8am high school football game........really? sucks for those kids.

It's 9AM

The projected high for the 9AM kick is 80-83 as opposed to the 12PM kick is 93-96. Plus Lee County just installed turf and turf is even hotter than grass. All about the heat. It would've been dreadful at noon-2:30.

I thought all those games where in the Dome as part of the Georgia High kickoff weekend?

This one isn't. It's touting the reigning 1-AAAA champ against the reigning 1-AAAAA champ. It'll be played in Lee County. Should be interesting. Tickets are 10 dollars last I checked. And will probably be 15 at the gate. Biggest game in south GA since probably Probst first game. Albany area leaders know how much money this game will bring and they wouldn't let it leave the 229.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was expecting to see TT dominate the line of scrimmage, but so far, I am very underwhelmed with him.....I have watched a lot of football in my 60 years, and kinda' know a "can't miss" guy when I see one, so I am not nearly as disappointed about him going to Ugly as I was.....I'm not saying that he can't be a quality SEC d-lineman, but I am saying that he is not a montravious adams

I was expecting to see TT dominate the line of scrimmage, but so far, I am very underwhelmed with him.....I have watched a lot of football in my 60 years, and kinda' know a "can't miss" guy when I see one, so I am not nearly as disappointed about him going to Ugly as I was.....I'm not saying that he can't be a quality SEC d-lineman, but I am saying that he is not a montravious adams

I did not see the game but anyone rated as high as TT should pretty much dominate any team in HS.

MA on the other hand completely dominated every team he aged against, but he was playing for a small HS and he was twice as big as most he competed against. ThT being said, he sure did look good last year.

That is interesting. If you ever saw knemdieche (sp) a few yrs back he was so dominating and quick off the ball you knew he was a stud. There was never a play where he wasmpn't in the backfield it seemed.

I did not see the game but anyone rated as high as TT should pretty much dominate any team in HS.

MA on the other hand completely dominated every team he aged against, but he was playing for a small HS and he was twice as big as most he competed against. ThT being said, he sure did look good last year.

Not entirely true. Monty definitely took some plays off in high school. Not negatively judging the kid, just stating reality.

Not entirely true. Monty definitely took some plays off in high school. Not negatively judging the kid, just stating reality.

Def a difference between taking plays off and not being dominant. So which was TT, for anyone who watched him play? Hard to believe you'd be taking plays off in game 1.

he was double-teamed early in the game and after half, the center took him one on one and did a good job....the center might have weighed 240-250.....the heat probably slowed him down as the game wore on, but I sure expected more out of the #1 DT in the country.....I am not saying that he won't develop, but he is going to have work to become worthy of his high school ranking.....he has some ability, but he just was not what I had expected, and is nowhere near as quick as monty was in high school.....he is not in kdemdiche or monty's class as a high school senior,although a major college weight program might make a difference....I was not impressed with his strength, although again, the heat might have taken its toll on him....it was close to 120* on the field

he was double-teamed early in the game and after half, the center took him one on one and did a good job....the center might have weighed 240-250.....the heat probably slowed him down as the game wore on, but I sure expected more out of the #1 DT in the country.....I am not saying that he won't develop, but he is going to have work to become worthy of his high school ranking.....he has some ability, but he just was not what I had expected, and is nowhere near as quick as monty was in high school.....he is not in kdemdiche or monty's class as a high school senior,although a major college weight program might make a difference....I was not impressed with his strength, although again, the heat might have taken its toll on him....it was close to 120* on the field

According to some, the heat makes no difference in football games.

Conditioning is a key factor for HS players. Most HS don't have a great program and when a kid is on the field the entire time they wear down. Low energy etc....so you can see why they may take a couple of plays off during the game or series...

Def a difference between taking plays off and not being dominant. So which was TT, for anyone who watched him play? Hard to believe you'd be taking plays off in game 1.

Yes, he may have taken plays off but he was a man playing against boys. He was 300 pounds and strong playing against Dlines that were around 200 or less pounds.

According to some, the heat makes no difference in football games.

According to most, the heat affects both teams equally. Thus, the idea that a team coming into Auburn from, say, Southern California will have a lot more problems than the home team is myth.

Also remember that TT plays in AAAA and Lee County is AAAAAA, the highest classification in GA, so TT was playing against guys that were pretty equal in size to him and the double and triple teams don't help at all.

Also remember that TT plays in AAAA and Lee County is AAAAAA, the highest classification in GA, so TT was playing against guys that were pretty equal in size to him and the double and triple teams don't help at all.

History has shown that does not mean much in Georgia. There are some 3 and 4 A teams in Georgia that can whip almost anybody in the nation.

History has shown that does not mean much in Georgia. There are some 3 and 4 A teams in Georgia that can whip almost anybody in the nation.

True, look at Buford, they're AAAA. But also TT's Westover team isn't as talented as it was last year. They're missing the offensive firepower and TT is missing help on the DL where he won't have to be double and triple teamed.

• 2 weeks later...

He surely wants to make sure he made the best choice. Got to respect that. Hope he has fun while he is in town.

Would love to get this guy. He is a monster!!

We need Defensive Linemen in this class in the worst way.

It is going to be next to impossible to get him away from Georgia, but I would love to have him playing for the good guys.

Seems he like AU but loves UGA. I am much the same way but the other way around - however I am not the #1 recruit in the nation. =)

I know I am pretty negative about our chances, but I hope he at least had a good time.

If there wasn't some small chance for us he would not have come to the game. Always hope!!!

There is an old saying about playing around the creek long enough and you'll likely fall in. Keep him coming back. Relationships as easily established here in the AU family.

Archived