2015 5* ATH Terry Godwin (Georgia signee)

EagleDamnWar

I really don't think it will keep him from going elsewhere if he is so inclined. His actions from here on out will tell the tale. They (UGA) are over-emphasizing everything with any pro-UGA spin to it, and are of course acting indifferent to any negative news out of Athens. Who can blame them? They are in the same boat as a certain political administration, and I almost feel sorry for them.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terry's sister committed to play basketball at UGa. Mother says decisions are separate, but she'd like to see both at the same school.

http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2014/06/16/sister-of-5-star-commits-to-uga/

And Tony Brown's sister went to LSU, where everybody else thought he was I lock to go too... Just sayin'

Braden Smith's sister was at TCU. I went to Auburn, my sister to Florida. Sisters heading somewhere don't necessarily mean anything.

Braden Smith's sister was at TCU. I went to Auburn, my sister to Florida. Sisters heading somewhere don't necessarily mean anything.

I had similar thoughts as well but there are credible AU sources that feel his sister to UGA locked up Terry to them as well FWIW.

I am not going to hunt the tweet but Allie Davidson has backtracked on her claim that Godwin's sister going there locks him up to UGA. The only source she could have possibly had was UGA message boards. This of course should come as no surprise IYAM. She is about as reliable as the IRS IT Department and has the journalistic integrity of MSNBC. Unlike those two I doubt she is purposely reporting false info, she is just inept.

Still hot though...

I am not going to hunt the tweet but Allie Davidson has backtracked on her claim that Godwin's sister going there locks him up to UGA. The only source she could have possibly had was UGA message boards. This of course should come as no surprise IYAM. She is about as reliable as the IRS IT Department and has the journalistic integrity of MSNBC. Unlike those two I doubt she is purposely reporting false info, she is just inept.

Still hot though...

Allie? To quote our baseball hecklers on pickoff attempts. Not Even......Cloooooose.

Still hot though...

Allie? To quote our baseball hecklers on pickoff attempts. Not Even......Cloooooose.

Don't even....... Tryyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Still hot though...

She has put out some good info IMO. Recruits like her so they let some little things slip when talking to her. JMO.

Still hot though...

(Edited for PC reasons)

Fellas, don't you reckon there's a good chance she reads this forum? Even if not, do you really feel it appropriate to debate her looks here?

I agree w/ WDEWDE, she is a good source and seems to be working as hard at her job as any of the rest of them.

Fellas, don't you reckon there's a good chance she reads this forum? Even if not, do you really feel it appropriate to debate her looks here?

I agree w/ WDEWDE, she is a good source and seems to be working as hard at her job as any of the rest of them.

McLoof, this is another AU football board where everyone dates or marries a supermodel. Allie is hot.

McLoof, this is another AU football board where everyone dates or marries a supermodel. Allie is hot.

Ahh, well, there ya go.

I don't know what y'all are talkin' 'bout, I was just finishing E's quote :gofig: As for Allie, I've never actually seen a picture of her, so I can't exactly comment on her looks, but she is pretty darn good at her job.

Don't care what she looks like. She has had some serious Gaffs lately, and maybe that is the only time I notice. I will edit my OP thusly.

As to supermodels, of course I dated them. But I would NEVER marry one! :rolleyes: Who wants to deal with that narcissism? (amirite?)

Was that her narcissism or yours to deal with?

I'll agree with McLoofus that we shouldn't be having this conversation about her looks.

Part of it is that she likely reads these forums. I hope everyone who's a semi-public figure has a good sense of humor about what folks say about them (Jimmy Kimmel has a funny skit where celebs read nasty tweets about themselves). But she's still a kid and so might not yet have developed that. I felt the same way about comments Braden Smith. I guess I agree with the grandmotherly advice here: if you can't say anything nice, just don't say anything.

But the other part of it -- and this is what I think a lot of folks shifting to talking about her job performance are getting at -- is that her looks are irrelevant to whether she does a good job. Likely, her looks only come up in this context because she is a woman. I don't see anyone talking about Bryan Matthews' appearance or whether Keith Niebuhr is hot. Women have to be 'hot' I guess, in a sports context. That strikes me as unfair.

Clayton, I'm not intending to bash you with this post. I'm guessing you brought up Allie's being hot as a compliment and didn't think twice about it. I'm certainly not above noticing (or commenting on) a woman's appearance. But in this case, when it's tied up with job performance, it seems wrong to me.

Why don't they have homely female sideline reporters? That's pretty odd.

BTW- This Godwin kid is pretty good. Maybe he'll end up O&B. :)

Why don't they have homely female sideline reporters? That's pretty odd.

BTW- This Godwin kid is pretty good. Maybe he'll end up O&B. :)

If you want to be happy for the rest of your life just..................

All the Auburn Family would be thrilled to have Torrance wearing AU O&B. So would I.

Yes, we would love to see Terry in O&B!!

Don't care what she looks like. She has had some serious Gaffs lately, and maybe that is the only time I notice. I will edit my OP thusly.

As to supermodels, of course I dated them. But I would NEVER marry one! :rolleyes: Who wants to deal with that narcissism? (amirite?)

Was that her narcissism or yours to deal with?

Me with hers! Mine is fine.

Dixie never thinks about others having to deal with his narcissism.

I'll agree with McLoofus that we shouldn't be having this conversation about her looks.

Part of it is that she likely reads these forums. I hope everyone who's a semi-public figure has a good sense of humor about what folks say about them (Jimmy Kimmel has a funny skit where celebs read nasty tweets about themselves). But she's still a kid and so might not yet have developed that. I felt the same way about comments Braden Smith. I guess I agree with the grandmotherly advice here: if you can't say anything nice, just don't say anything.

But the other part of it -- and this is what I think a lot of folks shifting to talking about her job performance are getting at -- is that her looks are irrelevant to whether she does a good job. Likely, her looks only come up in this context because she is a woman. I don't see anyone talking about Bryan Matthews' appearance or whether Keith Niebuhr is hot. Women have to be 'hot' I guess, in a sports context. That strikes me as unfair.

Clayton, I'm not intending to bash you with this post. I'm guessing you brought up Allie's being hot as a compliment and didn't think twice about it. I'm certainly not above noticing (or commenting on) a woman's appearance. But in this case, when it's tied up with job performance, it seems wrong to me.

You are right. Good post Britt.

You are right. Good post Britt.

This.

Okay, let me first apologize for the comment regarding Allie's error. It was unintentional and she retracted it. I was not aware she was still a student and was a little quick to judge. She is learning on the job and having to study and juggle school. I hope she has a great career and learns a lot along the way. :cheers:

Archived