All things rankings

ellitor

For those who may be wondering we have the #3 WR class right now behind USC & Florida. If UGA gets Demetris Roberson as most expect then we will finish #4.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would anyone trade our group for any of the groups ranked ahead of ours?

I guess I'm willing to take Gus at his word: the coaches think they got the best group, the best guys for Auburn, and the ones they wanted.

• 1 year later...

I know we all love rankings, 247 has us as the 10th best class but I don't know about that...

1. Georgia - make no mistake they have an excellent class but I'm not too sure it's any better than ours. I actually prefer Gatewood to Fields, there's a few issues with Field's game that concerned me. I believe our RB's will pan out just as well as theirs. Their Tight End commit and linebacker Adam Anderson are all that I truly envy. So again, solid group but nothing head and shoulders above ours.

2. Ohio State - again, their overall quality looks real similar to ours. Only envy here is they have two defensive lineman ranked first at their position that look like monsters.

3. Texas - man do they benefit from the talent that grows at home. Again, similar looking class that I think we actually look stronger than. Though, they too got a punter from Australia lol. (It's silly those punters don't have stars considering the pedigree of that prokick place).

4. Penn State - another class I wouldn't trade for ours. Some solid players and I am impressed with what a former Vandy coach has become.

5. Alabama - this actually looks like a weak class to me. No running backs coming in worth mentioning. Only one receiver who I wouldn't trade for any of our commits. No kicker. And WHEN they lose Quay Walker to us I don't see how their class could be justified as being above ours. They're loaded on defense but that's like pissing in the ocean, big whoop.

6. Look at Miami's class and remove the south Florida talent. Dear lord that would be an ugly class. They're not even recruiting well across the rest of Florida. Solid class but again I like ours more.

7. Oklahoma - big decent class but I don't think they're addressing their own issues well enough.

8. Notre Dame - there's something extremely alarming about the number of different states they're pulling from. I know they have tradition but I don't see why Not Dame would be an attractive option under Brian Kelly. They squeezed out a 10-3 year but I'd be amazed if they win 8 next year.

9. Clemson's players might be in the top of their positions but with only 15 commits and an overrated QB prospect I don't see the justification for being above us.

So while we may be sitting at 10th I firmly believe there's almost no real gap between this class and our competitors. I think we've filled, outside of lineman, our needs a good bit better than most. I would put Asa and Gatewood against any other player at their position and I wouldn't trade our receivers for anyone either.

War Eagle

Quoting @Zeek " So while we may be sitting at 10th I firmly believe there's almost no real gap between this class and our competitors. I think we've filled, outside of lineman, our needs a good bit better than most. I would put Asa and Gatewood against any other player at their position and I wouldn't trade our receivers for anyone either. "

Rivals has AU at #8, ahead of bammer if that helps your feelings. We will have to close strong to stay in the top ten. Other teams will be adding players too.

Unfortunately, we now have only three or at the most four slots left. Need one O-tackle(two would be better), 1 CB, holding a spot for LB walker, Holding a spot for a TE, holding a slot for Ross....That's five right there with only one tackle and not enough slots. Some chips will need to fall the right way for us.

1 hour ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

That would amusing if he went to play baseball

After doing a little more research looks like he’s enrolled at UGA.  Not sure what that means for his draft status or if he will be able to play in his travel ball season or not.  

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

After doing a little more research looks like he’s enrolled at UGA.  Not sure what that means for his draft status or if he will be able to play in his travel ball season or not.  

He’s likely to stay but what a disaster if drafted in the 1st round especially with Eason gone

58 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

He’s likely to stay but what a disaster if drafted in the 1st round especially with Eason gone

19 minutes ago, corchjay said:

That would be awesome lol

The last 12 months of football in the state of Georgia have seen a lot of heartbreak and disappointment. But not nearly enough. 

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The last 12 months of football in the state of Georgia have seen a lot of heartbreak and disappointment. But not nearly enough. 

Hey now....Your including my Falcons there.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Hey now....Your including my Falcons there.

My Falcons, too, brotha! I only want it to get rougher on the dawg side. 

Maybe Sark will figure it out on the Falcons side.

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

My Falcons, too, brotha! I only want it to get rougher on the dawg side. 

Maybe Sark will figure it out on the Falcons side.

Yeah. He had some head scrratcher play calls on Saturday.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yeah. He had some head scrratcher play calls on Saturday.

I think we all saw the value of a good safety after that game.

Archived