All things rankings

ellitor

Currently 10 on Rivals, and 9 on Scout, but too be honest IMO with our coaching staff, as long as we finish in or near the Top 10, and meet our needs, I could care less where they rank us.

Look what A&M and Okla did too the turds then compare the recruiting.

I understand not all will agree JMO.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My main concern is that we get our areas of need locked down with talent. I used to be really high in where we finish in recruiting rankings, but there isn't that much difference in the top ten. It's what you do with them when they get here that matters.

Finally hit the top 10. Does this mean top 5 in all others?

We were actually 9th on ESPN before the All Star games when LSU passed us by getting Fournette.

Currently 10 on Rivals, and 9 on Scout, but too be honest IMO with our coaching staff, as long as we finish in or near the Top 10, and meet our needs, I could care less where they rank us.

Look what A&M and Okla did too the turds then compare the recruiting.

I understand not all will agree JMO.

I do however....only a loose correlation between ranking and W-Ls

I just did an update using the 247 calculator: if we got Rashaan, B Smith, A Williams, and T Harris, we would be in 3rd. Of course, others will add some commits, too. I don't feel all that good about Harris, and Smith's chances are all based on his visit.

I just did an update using the 247 calculator: if we got Rashaan, B Smith, A Williams, and T Harris, we would be in 3rd. Of course, others will add some commits, too. I don't feel all that good about Harris, and Smith's chances are all based on his visit.

As player rankings stand today and factoring uncommitted recruits that other team expect to lead for, if Auburn gets Evans, Smith, and A-Will then we project to finish 4th. If we get Evans and A-Will we project 6th.

As player rankings stand today and factoring uncommitted recruits that other team expect to lead for, if Auburn gets Evans, Smith, and A-Will then we project to finish 4th. If we get Evans and A-Will we project 6th.

Yep, yep!!

• 2 weeks later...

Is this 4th place in the SEC or the nation?

Nation. #3 in the SEC

Nation. #3 in the SEC

I think we get those three

• 2 weeks later...

type in a name and determine how the class changes among team rankings

http://auburn.247sports.com/Season/2014-Football/Commits/Preview

Pretty fun. I added Smith, Evans, and Williams. That puts us in 3rd if other things stay the same.

Looking like a 6th place finish, right on TAMU's heels.

If losing in the BCSCG and finishing just outside the top 5 in recruiting is what passes for disappointment these days, then you're going to have a hard time kicking me off the Bus.

Looking like a 6th place finish, right on TAMU's heels.

If losing in the BCSCG and finishing just outside the top 5 in recruiting is what passes for disappointment these days, then you're going to have a hard time kicking me off the Bus.

We are more than fine with this class. This is a championship caliber class, no ifs, ands, or buts about it!!

With this coaching staff, the sky is the limit!

Back it up with another top 10 finish next year (I expect we will crack the top five next year), and we rolling baby, we rolling!!

AU 2014 Class =

247 Composite #6

247 Sports #5

Scout #8

ESPN #8

Based on me trying to project the final rankings...

*Should be safe at #6 on 247 composite

*Also projected safe at #5 on 247 sports

*Likely safe on Scout

*ESPN it's hard to tell. The only two that could potentially jump us are Georgia and/or Notre Dame but I don't see any numbers to calculate.

TOP 10 class on all services

TOP 5 class on the most respected service (247 IMO)

WAR EAGLE!!

The Juco players will have an immediate impact especially Moncrief and Williams but we get no extra points for them because they are Juco players. As far as I am concerned those two players alone make us better than out numbers show. But more importantly we are 2-3 deep on D with the exception of Star and we filled needs at RB, WR, TE/H-Back plus depth on O-Line and a great future QB. This was one of our best classes ever

The Juco players will have an immediate impact especially Moncrief and Williams but we get no extra points for them because they are Juco players. As far as I am concerned those two players alone make us better than out numbers show. But more importantly we 2-3 deep on D with the exception of Star and we filled needs at RB, WR, TE/H-Back plus depth on O-Line. This was one of our best classes ever

Totally agree

It was a great class. It DID NOT meet all our needs. We needed a very good high school center- FAIL. We needed a fast-twitch scorching pass rusher- FAIL.

We exceeded expectations in the secondary and at quarterback. We did okay at RB though I'm not sold on Roc at the college level. Smith was a fantastic pickup. We did okay at DT, though some will have to grow into it. We did okay on run-stopping defensive ends. We landed some high character guys. Tre Williams may be a better person than player, and he is a great player.

Archived