All things rankings

ellitor

With Lambert added , we moved to #7 on 247 Composite. I added Russell, Evans, A Williams and Prestwood and came up with 277+, which would put us 3rd, behind the gumps and tOSU!!

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Lambert added , we moved to #7 on 247 Composite. I added Russell, Evans, A Williams and Prestwood and came up with 277+, which would put us 3rd, behind the gumps and tOSU!!

That is so cool! Top 5 or top 10 alone, is more than outstanding considering the late start our coaches got!

LSU about to close very very strong, too. Expect them at #1 or #2. Auburn solidly in Top 5.

That's correct Valley, and probably someone else could move in. Still, top 5 or 6 is reachable. Evans is the key, as we get more points for him than anyone else. Further, there is talk that both Tre and Rashaan could get bumps in the next rankings. I know 247 is pushing for Evans to get a fifth star.

Lsu could definitely land the number 1 or 2 class with the push they are going to get. Hootie will probably commit to them now plus they are in great shape with a number of other really high ranked players.

Im not worried about rankings, I am however celebrating a huge get yesterday. That is a class by itself. I think our coaching staff is just smarter than every other coaching staff. Hell, it took only one year to get into the NCG. Mad professor, love it.

Rankings are fun to watch but the real meat and potatoes of a recruiting class is how well it addresses needs. A couple years from now Im thinking we'll feel good about how well the teams needs were addressed with this class. Plus, as along as a team finishes near or in the top 10, IMO, there is plenty enough talent there to compete for CSs.

Rankings are fun to watch but the real meat and potatoes of a recruiting class is how well it addresses needs. A couple years from now Im thinking we'll feel good about how well the teams needs were addressed with this class. Plus, as along as a team finishes near or in the top 10, IMO, there is plenty enough talent there to compete for CSs.

I could not agree with you more!!

Me three. I just got done posting basically the same thing in the Park kid's thread. We can finish within the Top Ten without leaving the Southeast and really within a "Tank of Gas." If an absolute burner wants in from somewhere take him, but focus HAS to be local.

Me three. I just got done posting basically the same thing in the Park kid's thread. We can finish within the Top Ten without leaving the Southeast and really within a "Tank of Gas." If an absolute burner wants in from somewhere take him, but focus HAS to be local.

Yep, the tri-state area is our meat and potatoes.

Ellitor, do you fully expect Auburn to finish in the top 10 on all sites?

Expect AU to be in the top five on all sites IMO.

Even ESPN? They seem to have us substantially lower than most other places.

Scout, 247 & Rivals. Don't ever look at ESPN's recruiting.

There will be new, updated 247 rankings coming out later today. Will Tre', Roc, or Rashaan get that 5th star? ( in the composite)

Here is my best guess finish right now.

Composite: 6th

247: only: 3rd or 4th

Rivals: 7th to 9th

Scout: 8th to 10th

ESPN: 8th to 10th (No formula so only a guess.)

Based on the names we know linked to Auburn now and players other teams are expected to get Auburn would have to land Travis Rudolph to go with Evans, A Williams, Russell, and Prestwood to finish in the top 5 on Rivals, Scout, and ESPN.

Having 6 jucos brings our team ranking down on every site except 247.

Based on the names we know linked to Auburn now and players other teams are expected to get Auburn would have to land Travis Rudolph to go with Evans, A Williams, Russell, and Prestwood to finish in the top 5 on Rivals, Scout, and ESPN.

And remember, each and every one of those JUCOs either fills a glaring need or are at the very top of the class, so at the expense of a higher ranking, we are filling our greatest needs. If you could subjectively rank on basis of need, we'd be top 5 everywhere.

And remember, each and every one of those JUCOs either fills a glaring need or are at the very top of the class, so at the expense of a higher ranking, we are filling our greatest needs. If you could subjectively rank on basis of need, we'd be top 5 everywhere.

Cam and Nick F would have brought our ranking down in 2009 and 2010. Imagine the 2011 BCS without either.

Without a doubt, we have filled needs about as well as possible IMO. With the exception of Blair we have landed the top guys at positions of need. Luckily OT is not a glaring need, even if Greg leaves.

Scout, 247 & Rivals. Don't ever look at ESPN's recruiting.

Never will as long as luginbill is on at bspn! He along with bspn are still mad because we won the ironbowl and bama didn't!! He feels bama is still the #1 team in football!

Loogs is just giving his opinions. That is what he is paid to do. I you remember he was one of the first guys to give Auburn love in 2010. He ain't mad at Auburn. Now Jessie Palmer on the other hand may be.

Loogs is just giving his opinions. That is what he is paid to do. I you remember he was one of the first guys to give Auburn love in 2010. He ain't mad at Auburn. Now Jessie Palmer on the other hand may be.

yep, him and his alumni buddy carter

when do the new recruiting rankings come out for all four sites(espn,247,scout,rivals)?

TIA

The next 2 weeks.

Archived