refs for the iron bowl

tigertail07

I read who it was earlier today, but can't remember his name. Maybe Tom something. It won't be Penn's crew or the 2010 white hat guy's crew. (It's Matt Austin....whoever the heck that is)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't remember much about the game but I think he officiated the 2009 Sec championship. I looked it up and Florida had 5 penalties for 51 yards, Bama had 1 for 5. Not that that means anything really. Like I said none of that game stands out in my head.

I still get furious about the 2010 IB when Fairley was flagged for "unsportsmanlike conduct" for sacking Ginger McElroy and taking two "stomp" steps toward the sideline!!! Bammer, instead of punting, scores a touchdown a few plays later. Excuse me while I go punch something.

Any non-tinfoil hat wearers want to wager on which team has the most penalties, the most yards penalized, and penalties in situations that could swing the momentum in the game, favorable judgment calls, favorable close replay reviews (e.g. TD or first down nullified, failed 3rd down conversion extended, crucial turnover nullified, close inbounds/out of bounds call reviewed, forward progress/breaking the goal line plane, touching the endzone pylon, etc.)?

Archived