refs for the iron bowl

tigertail07

Maybe we get a break and it's the best officiated game of the year. I know that we have had some bad calls in some key situations but we have had some questionable calls go our way as well. I think we do ok for this game, however, I do deserve the right to change my mind. :)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is it will be the same cheating SOB's we had in the 2010 IB. I don't know his name, but I hate seeing that white hat call our games.

They were there in 11 and 12, too... just weren't really needed to "help".

Guys I will be honest. It will not be a fair called game. Calls have been made and if we mash bama. The sec won't play for BCS title. Its a smelly fish

I agree, but the refs didn't stop our boys vs UGA so let's hope they won't vs bama.

Get up by four TDs, keep the hammer down, and the refs won't matter. If it's a close one, be very worried.

^^This^^ Keep the foot on their throats and don't let up until the last whistle sounds. Still maybe not take the foot off the throat :)

I agree that it will not be a fairly called game. I watched too many games in Legion Field where there were obvious calls and non-calls that went against Auburn. The most significant one that comes to mind is the game when Thomas Gossom went down the side line and caught the pass and ran it into the endzone for an Auburn go ahead touchdown. I think there was a minute or two left in the game. The ball was placed down for the extra point and then a flag appeared on the sideline about twenty yards from the line of scrimmage. It took the refs a good five minutes to come up with a call. Apparently one of the refs working the sticks got the attention of the back judge in the center of the field and told him that Gossom was out of bounds and came back in bounds. The call was for illegal receiver down field which carried a ten yard penalty and loss of down. There was no mention of the fact that the reason Gossom stepped out of bounds is because the Alabama corner knocked him out of bounds. The ball was in the air so at a minimum it should have been a pass interference call against Alabama. Secondly, the guys holding the yard markers are not officials and have no official referee status. The penalty was marked off and I think with the loss of down it was 4th down and Auburn failed on that play giving the win to Alabama. I guarantee you we will see some close and not so close calls go bammer's way. My guess is you will not see a single holding call against them and there will be many against us. Even in the 2010 game with our NC on the line, bammer got several spots on 3rd and 4th down that allowed them to continue drives. Same will be the case on November 30th. We will not only have to over come Alabama's offense and defense, but also the guys in the stripped shirts. There is too much money and the possibility of Alabama winning a third NC for it not to happen.

We'll have probably the same refs as we did for the Georgia game. That is, assuming none of them have any affiliation with UA.

The line judge that gave Murray that TD played at uat.

This.

The SEC does have a rules in place so that officials can't do games of teams where they played, but not a rule against your rivals.

My guess is it will be the same cheating SOB's we had in the 2010 IB. I don't know his name, but I hate seeing that white hat call our games.

Tom Ritter

So many people in this thread sound like spastic conspiracy theorists. Keep your tinfoil hats on boys.

Not a conspiracy theory when you have seen it first hand.

You have witnessed refs receive orders or money to influence a game against auburn? You should be writing a book instead of complaining on a forum of that is the case.

I see bad calls all the time everywhere. No more or less against my auburn tigers than any other team.

Not a conspiracy theory when you have seen it first hand.

You have witnessed refs receive orders or money to influence a game against auburn? You should be writing a book instead of complaining on a forum of that is the case.

I see bad calls all the time everywhere. No more or less against my auburn tigers than any other team.

He heard from a friend, who heard from a friend, who had their 4th grade grandson tell them this.

Seriously, how shallow are you people? Surely, most of the people in this thread with their minds already made up have better things to worry about than the officiating crew for a football game. Good grief people. Black helicopters are out in full force in this one...The sad part is most sound like uaters with their built in excuse in place if Auburn were to lose. Grow up and just enjoy the damn game. Everybody is not out to get Auburn and that includes the officiating crew.

jajajajaja

WTF does that mean?

its a laugh....J's are pronounced like H's in some languages

My guess is that Tom Ritter will be the ref for the Iron Bowl, since he is now the SEC's main head ref. I've always disliked Tom Ritter's crew but I do have to say that this year, he has been calling pretty fair.

Penn Wagers really surprised me because he has always been the most fair ref in my opinion but his crew messed up big this past weekend.

For all the people calling conspiracy theory. Just answer me one question. If holding can be called on every play how can bama go a whole year without getting a holding call? Is it coaching? OK maybe thats two questions. :slapfh:

To me its not anti-auburn as much as pro-bama. Regardless I will be watching and screaming for my Tigers to beat the hell out of bama, and I don't care who else is on the field.

My guess is that Tom Ritter will be the ref for the Iron Bowl, since he is now the SEC's main head ref. I've always disliked Tom Ritter's crew but I do have to say that this year, he has been calling pretty fair.

Penn Wagers really surprised me because he has always been the most fair ref in my opinion but his crew messed up big this past weekend.

Eh, they are human. I have always been a fan of PW crew.....TR crew doesn't bug me that much either. Sure, they miss things here...but then they call things I laugh at (on both sides) so I can't really hate too hard

Wagers's crew was a total mess Saturday (both ways I thought). One thing you can count on from Penn: no holding calls on the OL.

I agree that it will be Ritter. If it is Ritter, I predict an early questionable holding call on Greg Robinson.

On another note, that line judge is an UA grad? That's interesting. He really had the best possible view. I remember wondering why it was taking him so long to signal.

jajajajaja

Not 'Merican...doesn'tmatter.

WTF does that mean?

its a laugh....J's are pronounced like H's in some languages

This is a totally ridiculous thread to me. Complaining before anything has taken place. I don`t remember 2011/2012 game problems but I do remember 2009 when bama had several calls for offensive interference on pass plays over the middle that kept bama`s last two drives alive. Now if anyone wants to come out and say that SEC officials as a rule are generally the worst officials in BCS football then I will stand up and yell a big AMEN. They are the worst at spotting were the ball should be placed after a play; pretty bad at holding calls in the backfield and such but the worst is the replay booth calls. I feel and have for awhile that scores of how officials grade out each week and any league actions taken( we never here any of this) should be made public. If not week to week then at least a total season performance grade. Lets hope the problems with officials doesn't rear it`s ugly head this year and all this is moot. WDE

Archived