U A B ! ! !

WarTim

bahr jr. must REALLY be ready to shut down UAB football now. Once AGAIN, they have a better record than their sisters to the west. :roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

You think UAB is better than alabama? Surely not...i mean they gave up 59 to tulane.

Alabama would destroy UAB.

125333[/snapback]

wow BS...if you were talking to me, i never said anything of the like... yet, fox is now predicting that UAB will go to the hawaii bowl while UAT will go to the shreveport bowl. make your own call.

but, i do think that the mere fact that UAB gave up 59 points to tulane does bode will for alabama's anemic offense being able to post at least 25 on them.

well, as far as trends go, i think UAB is trending 'down', while UAT is trending 'up' in their respective levels of play.

i'm holding out hope that bama can land the nashville bowl....if they play OK State in shreveport, i'm afraid they'll not travel as well as OK State does. facing a mid-tier BIG10 team, however, in nashvegas holds out more promise for the tide, IMO.

ct

Guest Tigrinum Major
You think UAB is better than alabama? Surely not...i mean they gave up 59 to tulane.

125333[/snapback]

Then why won't y'all play then? Tell PBJ to ante up. I am sure Watson Brown would play them at Legion Field and even give you a home game in return.

I tell you one game I'd like to see...UA and Baylor. Really!! I don't know much about Baylor but I guarantee they don't score on Bama and would get 20 plus hung on em'. Question, who beat Baylor worse, UAB or Oklahoma?

Guest Tigrinum Major
I tell you one game I'd like to see...UA and Baylor.  Really!!  I don't know much about Baylor but I guarantee they don't score on Bama and would get 20 plus hung on em'.  Question, who beat Baylor worse, UAB or Oklahoma?

125380[/snapback]

UAB...but only because Stoops decided to not run up the score. That was his excuse for struggling (or as Joe Willie would say, "strug-ging-ling", as he tried to kiss Mike Shula) in the first quarter. At least we struggled because of a fired up defense that is one of the statistically strongest in the nation.

Just not quite strong enough.

UAB has a winning record over the past two years. SOME "other" "team" to the west does not.

That speaks volumes...After all, unless you use "uat math", football teams are judged by WINS & LOSSES ! ! !

WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au:

UAB has a winning record over the past two years. SOME "other" "team" to the west does not.

That speaks volumes...After all, unless you use "uat math", football teams are judged by WINS & LOSSES ! ! !

125406[/snapback]

UNA has a better record than AU over the last two years...are they a better program?

you think UAB will get a better bowl bid than UAT?

125329[/snapback]

That's what bama fans said about basketball until they met on the floor. Anyhow quit knocking AUT :)

Is UNA a D-1 school? Prattville High School has a better record than any SEC school the past two years, but I'm betting that they wouldn't lose by less than 50 to any of them, including UA.

125406[/snapback]

UNA has a better record than AU over the last two years...are they a better program?

125420[/snapback]

Are they a DIV 1 program?

Let's compare apples and sugar. Or bamaham and shreveport. :lol::poke:

125333[/snapback]

Exactly. Alabama is trying to destroy UAB off the field, but are afraid to play them on the field, ever. They beat LSU a few years back. Catch Bama on a bad day, who knows?

They have certainly had a lot of "bad" days over the past several YEARS!

:lol::lol::lol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

125406[/snapback]

125420[/snapback]

Let's be realistic. UNA = Div. II / UAB = Div. I. I am not saying that UAB is necessarily better than UAT, but UNA is not an equal comparison. Over the last two years UNA has a .750 winning percentage. Auburn has a .772 with two games to go. After the SECCG and a bowl, only then will AU have played as many games.

In defense of UAT and Auburn, they play much togher schedules than the other two IMO. But, I believe you could have come up with a better team to make an arguement with.

My point was from a competition standpoint. If you think UAB has a better "program" than UA...then you have to backup such a ridiculous claim. Thats why I made an equally unproportional claim.

UAB plays in conf usa and had to beg scruschy for a check to keep them afloat. On the other hand, we just finished a 100+ million dollar expansion to our facilities in a middle of a probation stretch.

Bama's a 9-2 team this year with UAB's schedule.

Archived