If it happens...who would you root for?

88Tiger

If AU ends up #3 and in the Sugar Bowl, who do you root for in the Orange Bowl, USC or OU?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. If AU ends up #3 and in the Sugar Bowl, who do you root for in the Orange Bowl, USC or OU?

• USC
    • OU
    • Wouldn't care

Do you root for OU on the very outside (and highly unlikely) senario that the AP might go for AU if we were to win the Sugar Bowl convincingly?

And is that even possible this year?

USC. Nothing against OU, just that the USC fans we met last year were very classy.

sooners remind me of uaters....except for the fact that the sooners have a good football team. :big:

fans aside-I think USC has been overrated this year and given a free pass to the game-they have had a downhill ride since Cal and still struggled-I think OU deserves it more.

Plus I'm tired of hearing how good the PAC 10 thinks they are-yeah we play weak OOC schedules-that is what happens when you play in a league like ours if you want to get out alive.

USC easy.

Having watched them play 5 of their games.....they are IMO the most complete team in the entire country.

Many in the South want to mock their conference and team but when you sit down and watch them....they are damn good.

I vote for DONT CARE. The only team I will pull for is AU over anyone we play. This is the most depressed I have felt over an Iron Bowl win EVER,EVER,EVER. The polls thought nothing of us before the season and we are paying for it now. The OOC is of no fault of ours with Bowling green, Tech backing out. With what both teams fans have said on the national boards I hope they both lose and we play that oh so strong Cal bear team and wipe the orange bowl turf with thier pac-10 pansie butts. All we must do now is pray that we beat UT again ( beating any SEC team 2 times is HARD and UT has got payback in thier minds scince the night of the game). And that these 2 classless fanbases have to watch us carry the crystal football off with Coach Tubbs on thier shoulders.

I would pull for OU because we stand a better chance of splitting the title. If USC wins (and I think they would by 17) the writers would fall all over themselves to give them the title because they felt (correctly) that they were jilted by the BCS last year. OU on the other hand backed into N'Awlins last year and proved they did not belong.

OU vs. USC USC by 17

:au: vs. OU :au: by 21

:au: vs. USC :au: by 10

Now for fun:

:au: vs. OU/USC all-star team :au: by 8

:au: vs. college all star team :au: by 20

Bo Jackson vs. NFL pro bowl team Bo by 37

Bo Jackson vs. Ditka Bo by 2

Bo vs. :au: Push

Bo/Ditka vs. OU/USC all-star team Bo/Ditka by 273

Reading the posts at that Sooner website has done nothing but increase my dislike for all things Oklahoma. USC fans over the last couple of years have seemed like a good level headed bunch when I have visited their website. Go USC!

No brainer...USC...Hate the sooners. :homer:

It is going to be funny. Vegas might open up with a 10+ spread on this game. OU does not have a chance in this game. USC will dominate every aspect and then after the game everybody will say it should have been Auburn in this game. But that will not be the case because the Irish will roll into the Coliseum and win by a field goal and then we will really take it to OU.

I agree with Texan4Auburn, OU is a classless arrogant bunch of rednecks and cowboy wannabe's.  :angry:

125641[/snapback]

No wonder there are so many bummers on their boards feeling all comfy cozy...they're right at home with other rednecks!!!!

don't care.

i guess i'll care when i make my pick...my buddy & i pick the bowl games each year, enter a pool...but that'll be the only reason i'll care.

ct

125622[/snapback]

you guys are funny . . . first you want to pick USC to beat OU because of some OU posters somewhere, OR you think USC will beat OU by 17 and totally outplay them like a Div 1A school BUT you pray that the Irish will beat them so you can get your chance OR you want OU to beat USC so you can somehow magically vault up from 3 to 1 because you beat some second rate big 10 school in the Sugar Bowl. I think OU can beat USC easily and I think OU-AU would be a better game but I doubt USC will lose but I'm secretly wishing for it because I want the NC to be a real NC and not some split psuedo catfight like last year. GOOD LUCK AU

BOOMER SOONER!!!

Good post, boomer. You get 12 different guys together, you should know you are going to get 12 different opinions. We need a playoff. Utah, OU, USC, AU. 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3. Then winners play one more game, there's the NC. Simple enough.

Boomer, you cannot be serious! OU will beat USC easily is what you say. No offense but USC offense dominates Oklahoma States and Texas A&M and those teams hung 30+ on you. Do you magically think your defense is going to just shut down ML and the receivers of SC. You guys have a great team but your D has seriously struggled as of late and please don't bring up shutting out baylor.

Boomer, you cannot be serious! OU will beat USC easily is what you say. No offense but USC offense dominates Oklahoma States and Texas A&M and those teams hung 30+ on you. Do you magically think your defense is going to just shut down ML and the receivers of SC. You guys have a great team but your D has seriously struggled as of late and please don't bring up shutting out baylor.

126042[/snapback]

I'm not saying easy like Baylor, but USC has not been a huge powerhouse lately. I'm pretty sure OSU and A/M are better than the Oregon teams and Stanford and USC didn't do much to beat those teams. Now, is Notre Dame game and or UCLA shows me something different, then I will change my opinion. Yes, our D has been suspect at times but you have to agree that when your best cover man is missing, you are going to have holes. I guarantee USC hasn't seen too many Heisman caliber skill players and we have two . . . don't say the ASU qb, he was a poser for awhile but . . . .

where do you stack the D? Stop the run . . . . White.

Blitz to get to not so mobile passer . . . Peterson.

USC's only upper level opponent, Cal had a QB throw like 23 passes complete in a row and if his receiver didn't drop it, they would have won. Not necessarily a great stat game for the USC D. Barely beat Stanford, barely beat Oregon St., ooh, Arizona . . they barely won a game last year, ooh UW . . they barely won a game this year. ASU was a good game for them but nothing that says to me they are a lock on the #1 position. I think OU-USC is something like 35-28 for OU. I think OU-AU would be more like 24-21 range and if AU wins it's because the QB beat us. If he has a great game, you have the advantage. If you have to rely only on the run, you won't win. Good luck in the SEC championship.

BOOMER SOONER!

I don't believe USC would or could dominate either AU or OU. They haven't seen a real defense this year. (IMO) Cal should have beaten them, and again IMO, that's the only top notch team they've seen this year. Yea, yea, the surfer boys will ask us about VaTech, but VaTech was not very good at the beginning of the season.

Let them start playing Bama, Texas, LSU, UGA, TXAM, Tenn Okie St. or Florida every year, and their fortunes will change (notice I did not include any B12 North teams). The PAC 10 is not and will never be as tough as the Big 12 or SEC. No way.

OU because I think they are more deserving. USC is benefitting from last year's screw job by the BCS system.

I think OU/USC would be a fun game to watch. Not nearly as good as AU/USC or AU/OU though.

Archived