"If we only had Brodie...."

DKW 86

I know we all heard this all day at work, etc.

Every time we talk with member of the Crimson Toothless nation we hear the same thing over and over. "If we only had Brodie..."

So here are the ones I heard today as well as a few I added. Feel free to add at will.

"If we only had Brodie....."

1) The Titanic would never have sank....

2) JFK would still be alive...

3) We would have won the Cold War....Wait we did that already....

4) Bennifer would still be together...

5) We would still be 6-5 because even with Brodie we lost games last year, and the year before. ;) 17-7!

6) We would be able to beat USC or OU...( I am not kidding on this one. Heard it at work. :blink: )

7) We would have beaten :ut: Its not like they have a 9/10 streak on :ua: or anything.

8) Kirstie Allie could lose that weight, and gosh darnit, keep it off!

9) Mary-Kate Olsen would not have that bulimia problem.

10) We would have Middle-Eastern Peace.

11) etc. etc. etc.

What we need around here is a WWWAAAHHHambulance!!!!!

If the Queen had b*lls, she'd be the King!

And didn't we trash Brodie two years ago at Tusca-LOSER...with a fabulous third string TB???!!! :P

brodie? Who is this brodie I keep hearing uaters speak about? Is he one of those amazing freshman that were to have brought uat out of the "funk" this year and failed ? :lol:

:banghead:

David, I guess you think AU would have beaten us ...what...WORSE if we had a capable QB who was healthy?

125626[/snapback]

Yes...we played down (or up, depending) to the level of the competition...see UGA! :P:big:

Do you honestly think Brodie is better than Greene, BG? :blink:

Guest Tigrinum Major
David, I guess you think AU would have beaten us ...what...WORSE if we had a capable QB who was healthy?

125626[/snapback]

I am not sure what would have happened IF Brodie had been healthy, but he wasn't. Spencer did a capable job with the game plan he was given. He improved over the past two games, but I think that Rader and Shula handcuffed him at times. The long passes against LSU and Auburn were too few and far between.

Personally, I think we still would have beaten UAT IF Brodie had been there. But it would have been a different game.

croyle better than greene?....get off this board....you are too damn stupid to try and join intelligent people to discuss the subject....man,here is the classic bammerboob.....if shane from center point did phyllis from mulga, the offspring would be this retarded bammerboob.....gawdddddddddddddd what an idiot.....son, you are too stupid to breathe

Guest Tigrinum Major
Yes

125670[/snapback]

Based on WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! The fact that he plays for Bama? I know it isn't based on stats or wins/losses.

He is a good player, but don't compare him to the all time winningest QB in college football. He is not durable (blame his dad for bad knees), he played against smaller schools in high school and put up some big stats (yes, I know Bowden wanted him at FSU, but look at what he has down there now. Maybe he isn't such a great judge of talent anymore), and he isn't the savior that is going to lead you back to Atlanta next year. He is a good kid with a good head on his shoulders (credit his dad for that), but he isn't....that...great.

Yes, BG, please explain the brodie is better than green statement (remember, potential doesn't count).

"too stupid to breathe".....LMFAO, I have to remember that one tbt!!

Its just an opinion guys...geez. lighten up. Greene hasnt had near the junior and senior years that we expected after his fresh and soph years.

Do I think a healthy brodie would have put up better numbers this year? Yes.

But that isnt the question as it pertains to the iron bowl. the question is not do I think BC is better than DG...the question is BC better than Spencer P? And I would have to say yes.

I mean hell...Spencer put up better numbers than did Greene against AU this year...does that mean HE'S a better QB than DG? Per your argument, that is what you are suggesting.

tombigbee...I don't understand why you always have to result to namecalling and belittling other people when you get frustrated. But judging from your inability to provide a well thought out argument to contradict my posts...combined with your inability to express yourself without putting other people down...It is becoming readily evident to me, that your lack of verbal skills is merely a reflection of your state of mental acuity. (or lack thereof)

i'd say spencer maxed out what you could expect from any qb this year against us. so with brodie, you'd have gotten the same production. brodie's never done anything to make me think he's good. the only thing he's done is get a ton of hype for playing against a bunch of guys in high school that were all about my size. whoopee! 2A football is possibly less talented than intramurals at auburn or alabama.

brodie just gets banged around every year and loses to teams that are better than him. i've seen 'em both and brodie is to david greene what tre smith is to caddilac. capable guy but not even comparable.

i'd say spencer maxed out what you could expect from any qb this year against us. so with brodie, you'd have gotten the same production. brodie's never done anything to make me think he's good. the only thing he's done is get a ton of hype for playing against a bunch of guys in high school that were all about my size. whoopee! 2A football is possibly less talented than intramurals at auburn or alabama.

brodie just gets banged around every year and loses to teams that are better than him. i've seen 'em both and brodie is to david greene what tre smith is to caddilac. capable guy but not even comparable.

125718[/snapback]

So you're telling me Jason White would have no better saturday than a QB who you guys were saying was the worst QB in D1 football?

Guest Tigrinum Major

So you're telling me Jason White would have no better saturday than a QB who you guys were saying was the worst QB in D1 football?

125723[/snapback]

Who ever said that Spencer was the worst quarterback in D1? I think that would have to be one of the Mississippi / Miss State / Kentucky quarterbacks...

Jason White would put up numbers against AU, but I think Chizik would have a plan to cause him some problems and keep them out of the end zone more than twice or three times. I would be concerned with Peterson also. But you cannot compare an OU-AU game with the Iron Bowl. Different emotions. I would love to get a chance to see it though.

Quit putting words in the posts of other people.

no, i'll say it. i think jason white would fall short of the 300 yard mark against us, and i don't think oklahoma could score more than 21 points on us in a game. so i suppose jason white would do marginally better than pennington.

Archived