Say goodbye to saben.

Eagle Eye 7

I had a feeling that nick was under pressure due to Gus coming back. That was proved tonight. When they went back to review the clock on the 1 sec at the end, I told my daughter even if they got it nick would not try the FG. He is usually confident and calculated. The odds of hitting a 57 yard FG in teps of 40 degrees is extremely low. I figured he would bet he had the better players and experience to play overtime. Trying a FG that long only had bad results awaiting it. I think nick knew that his only chance was to luck out a 100 to one chance. He lost. I don't think he returns next year. I don't know where he goes but he won't be back at uat. That is why his agent sent the note to UT that he was under a lot of pressure. That pressure is Gus. And how crazy is this media talking about we win another on a miracle ? If I remember right it was 28-28 when the play started. I was confident we could have beat them in OT, I think lil nick had the same gut feeling that I did. It is great to be an Auburn Tiger. WDE

I would be shocked if Saban isn't back. I don't even think its realistic he won't be back. Also, the odds of making that FG were long but not as long as Davis running it back for a TD. I thought the call was alright, people make 57 yarders a fairly good bit. JMO.

If he doesn't go to Texas, I think he will retire. He was unusually cool today. Typically he is a raving maniac but I didn't see that kind of passion from him.

If he leaves and I don't think he will, it will be his choice not the result of this AU win. It will be interesting to see what happens in the coaches poll Sunday.

I would be shocked if Saban isn't back. I don't even think its realistic he won't be back. Also, the odds of making that FG were long but not as long as Davis running it back for a TD. I thought the call was alright, people make 57 yarders a fairly good bit. JMO.

Take your time and name we one 57 yard FG made in 40 degree temp, just one. On top of that we had already blocked one. When you try a long one the only way you can make it is not to waste any distance on altitude. Thay is a lot of 50+ yarders get blocked. Either way you miss a 50+, means you are likley to leave the ball in the hands of the defense. nick knew it was the wrong call, but he really felt it was his only chance to beat Gus, because Gus had countered everything he did all night. I would hope he stays because Gus will own him. Gus would have beat him in 2009 and 2011 if it were not for Chizik. He did beat him in 2010 inspite of Chizic. Believe me saben will not be back. WDE

Sabe may reconsider leaving for sure when they throw a brick through his office window, poison his yard with round up, and slash tires on his car!

Actually I think it was the correct call, turds either win or we go to over time. Well I don't think he expected us to run it all the way back for a TD. Normally that doesn't happen. so the call wasn't as crazy as most would lead to believe. The difference is that we have the best special teams in the country! But it wasn't a miracle play like the idiots calling the game would lead you to believe. it's just rare that it happens.

Sure hope he comes back. Really, I was convinced long before this win Gus is the better coach, plus I do not want AU to have to play UAT with dumbo Sweeney running a spread against us.

I like Ellis Johnson coaching against a slow, boring, pro-set offense.

I too think he stays. As for the field goal, yes people do make them a lot more these days. Today though, with the way his fg kickers had struggled you would think he probably wasn't thinking it was a better than average shot at making it.

Take your time and name we one 57 yard FG made in 40 degree temp, just one. On top of that we had already blocked one. When you try a long one the only way you can make it is not to waste any distance on altitude. Thay is a lot of 50+ yarders get blocked. Either way you miss a 50+, means you are likley to leave the ball in the hands of the defense. nick knew it was the wrong call, but he really felt it was his only chance to beat Gus, because Gus had countered everything he did all night. I would hope he stays because Gus will own him. Gus would have beat him in 2009 and 2011 if it were not for Chizik. He did beat him in 2010 inspite of Chizic. Believe me saben will not be back. WDE

There had been exactly 4 missed field goals returned for a touchdown in college football history prior to tonight. Ever. Thats a lot of years and a lot of games. For this game to end like it did is like winning the powerball lottery. The odds of making that field goal were higher than missing and the kick being returned for a TD is all I'm saying. That kid hit from close to 60 in warm-ups. The conservative thing would have obviously been to take a knee and go to OT but I think with our running game we win that scenario. He was just playing the odds and lost. Why ya so sure Weeman is leaving? Any inside info?

Pros maybe but anything over 50 is relatively rare....and the number of kickers that can do this is even rarer. The thing is, he didn't need a FG to win the game. They had at least an even chance to win the OT. This was a very high risk for a kid that only had a 20 yard FG to his record.

Sure hope he comes back. Really, I was convinced long before this win Gus is the better coach, plus I do not want AU to have to play UAT with dumbo Sweeney running a spread against us.

I like Ellis Johnson coaching against a slow, boring, pro-set offense.

They'll never hire him. I don't know who they would hire in the event Saban decided to leave but it would not be him. I honestly think that it would not matter who it is. Ellis Johnson can coach defense against anyone. He still lacks some players that would make a big difference. He has done a remarkable job this season. Let him get some more playmakers, especially at the lb spot and watch that defense really stiffen up.

Pros maybe but anything over 50 is relatively rare....and the number of kickers that can do this is even rarer. The thing is, he didn't need a FG to win the game. They had at least an even chance to win the OT. This was a very high risk for a kid that only had a 20 yard FG to his record.

No doubt it was a tough kick, but it was makeable is all. Heck, it's happened to us before for that matter. In hindsight he clearly should have took a knee but he thought it was realistic to make. When dude first kicked it, I thought it was good. He wasn't that far off. I do think we win that one in OT though. Our running was killing them.

If he leaves and I don't think he will, it will be his choice not the result of this AU win. It will be interesting to see what happens in the coaches poll Sunday.

Of course it will be HIS choice.

However, if he does leave it is because he fears Gus and Auburn.

No doubt about that.

Been thinking since the game ended that Saban got out coached. Someone made a good point about trying the field goal and the worst thing that could happen is a miss and then go to overtime. The missed fg's and all the dropped passes I guess can't be put on coaching. Maybe I was just trying to pin it on Saban.

One thing I do remember about it was at first we had Ryan White back there. After we called the time out Chris Davis was put deep. How is that for coaching!

Been thinking since the game ended that Saban got out coached. Someone made a good point about trying the field goal and the worst thing that could happen is a miss and then go to overtime. The missed fg's and all the dropped passes I guess can't be put on coaching. Maybe I was just trying to pin it on Saban.

One thing I do remember about it was at first we had Ryan White back there. After we called the time out Chris Davis was put deep. How is that for coaching!

In the postgame presser he said the coaches had told the players to be ready for the return.but they all went to one side of the field.

Biggest thing that stands out to me is that our coaches knew their personel, and changed our personel accordingly. In one interview with Gus he said that they only had a couple of guys on the field that would be able to tackle Davis, and all we had to do was block those couple of guys..... Prime and final example of how we outcoached them.

Archived