SECCG

chinook

what will we expect this time around from :ut: ?

who will be a the quarterback position?

i believe borges and tuberville will excute some plays no one else has seen this year. with extra time to prepare and rest the :au: team should be running on all cylinders especially caddy and ronnie brown. the defensive side must anticipate the unexpected.

lets take care of business at the seccg and then worry about the bowl situation!

war damn eagle!

I would take a carbon copy of the last game (sans ref assisted scoring drive).

Hopefully, the locker room is litered with clippings from the last game where the UTK thugs were saying that we got lucky.

Only one's who got lucky were Fat Fulmer and his band of drug dealing (T. Tob), roomate's girlfriend raping (Nilo Sylvan), coked up (Reggie Cobb), phone card stealing (every team of the 90's), kick back taking (Tee Martin), no test taking (once again every team of the 90's), Roy Kramer protected thugs because Tubs called off the dogs in the second half.

This time lets hang half a hunnerd on 'em.

I would take a carbon copy of the last game (sans ref assisted scoring drive).

Hopefully, the locker room is litered with clippings from the last game where the UTK thugs were saying that we got lucky.

Only one's who got lucky were Fat Fulmer and his band of drug dealing (T. Tob), roomate's girlfriend raping (Nilo Sylvan), coked up (Reggie Cobb), phone card stealing (every team of the 90's), kick back taking (Tee Martin), no test taking (once again every team of the 90's), Roy Kramer protected thugs because Tubs called off the dogs in the second half.

This time lets hang half a hunnerd on 'em.

125914[/snapback]

hey, i agree let's just open up the play book on em.

I don't see how UT would go about surprising us all that much. They're playing another new QB and it's not like they're going to be able to reinvent the wheel in 2 weeks, no?

I'm more curious if Borges has ANYTHING left in the cupboard...has he spent all his trick plays? But then again, we really didn't need any tricks to beat them in the first place.

I hope we stomp a new mudhole in them and finally bring back an SEC title...looooong overdue.

I heard that Brent Shaeffer might be able to play in the SECCG. Has anyone else heard anything about this? I don't know if it would be better for us to see Clausen or Shaeffer. Shaeffer wouldn't be very sharp after not playing for a while, but would still be able to run probably. Haven't seen much of Clausen so I don't know how good he's been.

I don't think it will matter. If David Green and UGA couldn't produce, the freshman certainly cannot be a difference maker. Our defense has quietly become maybe the best in the nation. If we stick to what got us here, focusing on the next game, then I think we can win. I do think the SEC is down from previous years. AU is as good as any SEC champion I can remember. We will have to go outside the conference now to get tested.

in order to hang 50 on the vuls,throw the ball in the middle of the field on slants to the wideouts and dumps to the tight end....i just watched the replay against vandy and vandy could have won the game.....the middle of the field was wideass open on evey pass play.....i mean it looked like a vacant lot.......UT's linebackers do not drop well in pass protection.....then run draws and counters to the WIDE side of the field......AU might get 50 this time.....UT just cannot defend the pass

ut runs a lot of cover two. john chavis has always run cover two so that's what we'll prepare for. that means the middle should be open like tom pointed out, but it also means that if your receivers can beat man coverage, you should have the 10 yard hitches available too.

we should be able to run the ball on them just like last time. our line has done a great job all season so i don't expect a big drop off in that department. however, i do expect a better effort from ut's defense this time around. they got whipped last time. unless this is a florida/auburn 2000 situation where they really can't do anything about it, it should be tighter for us to score.

on defense, i think we'll have to prepare for more two qb stuff. i keep hearing schaeffer is going to play so we'll have to get ready for him. since he hasn't played in a while, i expect rick clausen to be the starter with brent coming off the bench. gives us more to prepare for, but chizik did a bang up job getting them ready last time with only a week's prep.

i do think we'll see more power running out of ut this time (i've said that for two years though so maybe i'm wrong again). they can't possibly think that rick clausen or a qb with a slightly healed broken collarbone is going to be the catalyst to an sec title. so i expect our defensive alignments to look a lot like what we did against bama, force them to throw the ball.

tennessee's game against uk could indicate game strategy and how well they do against the kentucky will tell us what we may be facing.

QB NEWS FROM THE KNOXVILLE SENTINEL:

LEAK AGAIN: Fulmer praised C.J. Leak's work last week during practice after he was moved back to quarterback. He had moved to other positions, most recently linebacker, after being demoted in August. Leak will back up Clausen.

"He's done a good job. Obviously we would try to limit the plan he would have if he were in the ball game, but he can throw it. He's done a good job throwing it on time which was one of his issues before," Fulmer said.

"I jokingly said after practice maybe we need to move all our quarterbacks to linebacker for a week and then they'll throw it quicker."

Fulmer said yesterday that Brent Shaeffer could play in the SECCG, but that doesn't mean he will. There will obviously be a lot of rust and he didn't do that much against us the first time around. At best, he might get in for a couple series.

I've seen Clausen play also, and he isn't as talented as his older brother. He will complete a few passes but he doesn't have Ainge's arm or Schaeffer's mobility. I predict 5-6 sacks by the Auburn defense.

Archived