Toledo/BGreen

WarEagleATL

OK all you computer BCS gurus. How does this help us? I guess that it hurts Oklahoma's strength of schedule in the computers. We need Texas A&M to beat Texas so that OK will not have an opponent in the top 10

we don't need to catch them. we SOMEONE to catch them. if usc were to jump them in most of the computer polls it could lower them from the 1.000 they have now to a .980 or even .970 while we would (at worst) remain steady at .920. that shift of .020 or more could be huge since it would lower the number of votes that we need to garner. but in the end, i'm trusting the irish.

what?????????????? i went to bed and it was 24-7.....i watched a basketball game instead of the rest of the football game because it looked to be a sure blowout.....

126033[/snapback]

it is certainly good that bowling green lost...That was one of their "strongest" teams according ...guys like sagarin valued the bowling green win far more than our bama win...this should knock Bg out of most of the top 30's if we can have good fortune this weekend with

la tech beating rice

ga beating ga tech

tenn beating kentucky

and A&M beating texas

and then of course we need to beat tennessee the following weekend.

...we could potentially move up to two in some polls or usc beating ucla and notre dame could move up past oklahoma to number one in some polls...but it it still probably too little too late for us to move into the top two over all....we basically need one of the big upsets.

iowa state needs to beat okl

or notre dame or ucla needs to beat USC....

the tennesse loss to notre dame really killed us.

the thing is, USC jumping Oklahoma in the computer polls would help us. Not to mention that BG dropping out the top 25 should help a bit in the human polls (i.e. Oklahoma's claim to fame was that they had beaten more top 25 teams - Texas, OSU, A&M, BG) then anyone . .well, now its down to 3, and two are 22 and 24.

for the record, you should also be cheering for:

Arizona State over Arizona

A&M over Texas

Texas Tech over Oklahoma State (that would knock out another top 25 team)

UGA over Tech

UT over Kentucky

and a combination of Nebraska beating Colorado and Missouri beating Iowa State. However, if CU beats NU, then cheer for ISU.

let me tell you something . .A&M can definitely beat Texas. I'm not saying they will, but A&M has an explosive offense and a good defense - Texas has an average offense and an amazing defense. Defense usually wins out, but if A&M gets some really big plays for points - UT is goign to have a tough time playing keep up.

I agree BG losing doesn't help us directly but may hurt OK a little with SoS. However, I still wish we had played them instead of The Citadel. That hurts us. They made it too easy to get out of the contract and take OK's bigger money instead. We do it too, but in a stupid manner (costing quite a bit) -- I'm still taking a lot of flack for AU getting our of two contracts with FSU (war damn chickens, etc.).

Maybe a very dominating win (again) over Tenn. and a weak win for OK over the North will be enough. I doubt it, but something's gotta give. I've never been this big an Irish fan (including even years ago when they played FSU).

WDE, Go Irish! :cheer::au:

Jeff "Computer Geek" Sagarin has dropped Bowling Green to #49 on his list.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt04.htm

That droppes them behind #44Bama, #36 Arkansas, #21Tennessee, #16LSU and #11Georgia.

Now if Texas will lose they will be behind Georgia

Sagarin now shows Auburns SOS at #74 and Oklahoma is at #18

does anyone know what it was before the BG loss?

My bad guys Jeff is Lazy and has not updated his site so BG will drop even further that #49. I guess he updates over the weekend.

That is better news for AU

Go Aggies

Go UCLA

GO Fighting Irish

the thing is, USC jumping Oklahoma in the computer polls would help us.  Not to mention that BG dropping out the top 25 should help a bit in the human polls (i.e.  Oklahoma's claim to fame was that they had beaten more top 25 teams - Texas, OSU, A&M, BG) then anyone . .well, now its down to 3, and two are 22 and 24.

A&M over Texas

126072[/snapback]

actually texas tech doesnt matter because if they win they will jump into the top 25 so it really might be better for oklahoma state to win so there is no chance for t-tech to jump into the top 25.

Guest Tigrinum Major
the thing is, USC jumping Oklahoma in the computer polls would help us.  Not to mention that BG dropping out the top 25 should help a bit in the human polls (i.e.  Oklahoma's claim to fame was that they had beaten more top 25 teams - Texas, OSU, A&M, BG) then anyone . .well, now its down to 3, and two are 22 and 24.

A&M over Texas

UGA over Tech

UT over Kentucky

and a combination of Nebraska beating Colorado and Missouri beating Iowa State.  However, if CU beats NU, then cheer for ISU.

126072[/snapback]

You know, this is sad, I have to care who wins the Toledo/Bowling Green game because of this BCmeSs and now you are telling me to cheer for Arizona State to beat Arizona and I am really not even sure why that game matters.

Does anyone else remember the old days where we cheered for Auburn and whoever was playing Alabama? Now we have to hope Alabama has a good year so it won't hurt our strength of schedule.

I long for the days when no one would be playing in a winner take all national championship game, but the Rose, Sugar and Orange and maybe even Fiesta would have all been great games to watch this year. And then we all could have argued about it and we could have been awarded a MNC by some nerdy computer geek poll and then we could claim a bogus MNC like Alabama has been doing for years.

Archived