Is Tre gonna go pro early? How about anybody else?

au_weagle

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will say this, if there was any scenario where someone would come back just to try to win the Heisman, this would be it. Auburn just caught stride, in the offense, over the past 4 games, and next year our defense will be better, if for no other reason than we will have bigger numbers behind the front 4 (12). Not only that, but every major team in the SEC will be rebuilding their offense under an new QB next year, and many haven't even played a snap.

If Ellis can whip the D into the kind of unit we have seen him build in the past, Auburn will be next year's FSU, if not better, and do it against SEC talent. That is the perfect stage for a Heisman run. I could see Tre break every record in the book, next year. Of course, if he doesn't stay, that leaves the door open for CAP or Roc to jump in and take his place and the glory.

Quit trying to make our kids leave, you bammer! It's not in Tre's best interest to put his health and his future first! It would serve me him best to risk injury and financial security for a one-in-very-very-many shot at a title and a Heisman, and to complete a degree that he could totally come back and complete later!

Oh, also, Tre is "smallish" and "doesn't have elite speed", so he's not an "NFL style" back anyway!

God, I hope he comes back, but I'm not holding my breath. Regardless, whether it begin in 2014 or 2015, I really look forward to following his pro career. He's built to last.

Hint: if you don't include a [/sarcasm] tag, some people will undoubtedly take you seriously.

Thanks, but I left that out on purpose this time. The same folks to whom that dig was directed are probably the same folks who wouldn't pick up on the blatant sarcasm.

College is primarily about finding a career. That career can sometimes be sports related. If a student-athlete has an opportunity to make years worth of income in a short period of time, in something he enjoys and is good at ... Then good for them. But! They bear the brunt of the risk either way.

Another aspect that is often forgotten ... If I understand correctly, auburn football players basically have a lifetime open door to come back and complete their degree - at no cost. So if they leave in good academic standing, they basically have a lifetime "academic" scholly.

The OL, that shall not be named, from ziemba/Pugh's class finished his degree despite the "issues", if I recall. That is one among many. Auburn is good to their former athletes and rightfully so.

I think he is gone. But I also don't expect the production level to drop off either. We still have CAP who is just as capable as Mason is. Roc/Pettway coming in, Barber already being here. I'm not worried at all from a RB standpoint.

ESPN reported that Tre is looking into declaring for the draft not sure if that is public but that is what they said. It makes sense for him to look as for the Heisman pfft.

I didn't hear the quote, but maybe he was just getting his draft evaluation as many juniors do prior to the draft to get a feel for where he would be selected

Even if they decide to leave, it's not all bad for AU. Having players drafted benefits us in recruiting. So, while there may be short-term loss, it's not all bad; and we as part of the Auburn Family should be happy for any of these young men who have to opportunity to pursue their dreams - even if hate to see them go.

College is primarily about finding a career. That career can sometimes be sports related. If a student-athlete has an opportunity to make years worth of income in a short period of time, in something he enjoys and is good at ... Then good for them. But! They bear the brunt of the risk either way.

Another aspect that is often forgotten ... If I understand correctly, auburn football players basically have a lifetime open door to come back and complete their degree - at no cost. So if they leave in good academic standing, they basically have a lifetime "academic" scholly.

The OL, that shall not be named, from ziemba/Pugh's class finished his degree despite the "issues", if I recall. That is one among many. Auburn is good to their former athletes and rightfully so.

Aaaarghhh! No it isn't.

If true, that's interesting for several reasons. First, as you suggest, it's a nice benefit to former players. Second, contrary to your first suggestion in red, it tends to undermine the idea that college is primarily about finding a job. Why would they need to offer this deal to players for life? All they would need is to offer it until they find a job (like CGC's buyout). The reason they offer this for life would be because the primary purpose of college goes well beyond finding a job. In fact, it's unclear that college is necessary if all one wants is to find a job. The primary purpose of college is to make us better people. Helping us get a job is only one small part of that larger purpose.

If he comes back, Tre is statistically on pace to be the best Auburn RB of all time. His current performance absolutely crushes Ingram's Heisman campaign in '09. Still, our own fans still don't know a thing about him. Unbelievable.

In what way does it "Crush" Ingram's Heisman campaign? Ingram carried the ball 271 times for 1,658 yards average 6.1 per carry... Tre is 283 carries for 1,621 for 5.7 yards per carry... I love Tre and think he should be considered for the Heisman... but what Ingram did wasn't a small task... he had more yards on few carries than Tre... so I wouldn't say he is "Crushing" what Ingram did.

For if he leaves or not... that will depend on what he wants and what his draft status prediction is. I have no issues if he leaves early as I think he's done one hell of a job and it would be a good time for him to leave... However, if he wants to stay I think he could have an even more impressive year with a senior Oline returning to run behind. Either way, I'll be happy... We have some good talent coming in also and have other talent on the team. We'll be good either way, so I don't worry about it.

Tre will be a 4th or later round pick I'd imagine

Try 2nd or 3rd round.

Once again the majority of you prove that you have very little knowledge regarding the Draft and/or transition from NCAA to NFL.

Tre will be a 4th or later round pick I'd imagine

Try 2nd or 3rd round.

Once again the majority of you prove that you have very little knowledge regarding the Draft and/or transition from NCAA to NFL.

And you've proven to know everything right?....the only thing worse than someone that thinks they know it all is someone that thinks they know it all but is wrong

And you've proven to know everything right?....the only thing worse than someone that thinks they know it all is someone that thinks they know it all but is wrong

Yes, I know everything.

Its science.

I'm inclined to believe Mason would be a 2-3rd round pick as well. However, I will admit I know very little about NCAA to NFL transition/drafting...just a fan

He'll get his draft evaluation and make a decision from there on what's best for him. It's all about how NFL executives judge his value at this time and fortunately for us all, they don't wear rose colored glasses and their emotions on their sleeve. It is a business evaluation and Tre will most definitley make a business decision. Let's not all get our panties in a wad regardless of what he decides. AU is fine either way I assure you.

If he comes back, Tre is statistically on pace to be the best Auburn RB of all time. His current performance absolutely crushes Ingram's Heisman campaign in '09. Still, our own fans still don't know a thing about him. Unbelievable.

In what way does it "Crush" Ingram's Heisman campaign? Ingram carried the ball 271 times for 1,658 yards average 6.1 per carry... Tre is 283 carries for 1,621 for 5.7 yards per carry... I love Tre and think he should be considered for the Heisman... but what Ingram did wasn't a small task... he had more yards on few carries than Tre... so I wouldn't say he is "Crushing" what Ingram did.

For if he leaves or not... that will depend on what he wants and what his draft status prediction is. I have no issues if he leaves early as I think he's done one hell of a job and it would be a good time for him to leave... However, if he wants to stay I think he could have an even more impressive year with a senior Oline returning to run behind. Either way, I'll be happy... We have some good talent coming in also and have other talent on the team. We'll be good either way, so I don't worry about it.

2,137 total yards vs 2,012. 22 rushing touchdowns vs 17 rushing and 20 total. Still a game to go. Maybe "crushing" is a stretch- and, yeah, I'm going to be biased and downplay any bammer success- but Tre's a more worthy candidate than Ingram was. I don't think he'll beat Winston, though, and that's okay.

Most Auburn players who have left early have not fared that well at the next level. Some never even got the chance. IMO, Tre and Greg both have the opportunity to break that trend but I would love to see them stay.

would have loved to have had Darvin Adams back in 2011.

Aaaarghhh! No it isn't.

If true, that's interesting for several reasons. First, as you suggest, it's a nice benefit to former players. Second, contrary to your first suggestion in red, it tends to undermine the idea that college is primarily about finding a job. Why would they need to offer this deal to players for life? All they would need is to offer it until they find a job (like CGC's buyout). The reason they offer this for life would be because the primary purpose of college goes well beyond finding a job. In fact, it's unclear that college is necessary if all one wants is to find a job. The primary purpose of college is to make us better people. Helping us get a job is only one small part of that larger purpose.

first of all ... nice use of Christmas colors.

I don't know why you got your degree from auburn, but I went to get an education ... So I could have a career in something that would allow me to create a quality of life for myself that met my goals.

I did not go to get an education, so that in and of itself made me feel warm and fuzzy. So yes, it is my opinion that college was to go and learn so I could seek a career.

Sometimes folks end up w 2 careers. Some football players are gifted and enjoy a rewarding and profitable "first" career called pro football. If they did not complete their degree then auburn allows them to come back and complete it so they can go on with the next phase of their life.

As far as your green paragraph ... I have no idea what your talking about ...

Aaaarghhh! No it isn't.

LOL I told my youngest son to not let college get in the way of his education. Kid went undergrad for 5.33 years and then "enlisted" in the Army. Could not be prouder of the young man:) Also, I still stand by my declaration, college is a small stepping stone for a real education.

2,137 total yards vs 2,012. 22 rushing touchdowns vs 17 rushing and 20 total. Still a game to go. Maybe "crushing" is a stretch- and, yeah, I'm going to be biased and downplay any bammer success- but Tre's a more worthy candidate than Ingram was. I don't think he'll beat Winston, though, and that's okay.

Oh... you're adding in kick return yards... I don't think Ingram returned any kickoffs during his Heisman run...

As Running back Tre has 1621 in rushing and 121 in receiving. Ingram had 1658 yards rushing and 334 yard receiving. Ingram's yardage is very impressive given the amount of carries he had, not to mention the receiving numbers averaging 10 yards per catch. I hate to say it, but they are impressive stats.

Listen, I'm a Tre fan and think he deserves to be looked at for Heisman, but I just don't think he got the media attention soon enough to make a dent in what Winston did. The Heisman is as much about the media promotion as it is the stats of the player. Tre just wasn't a media darling like Winston was. If he stays another year, he'll be on the watch list early and with the Oline we will have next year... my guess is he'd have a very good chance at the award.

Not only would he have the Heisman to return for... but if we can pull out the win this year in the NC game, there is the chance to repeat next year. I think the team will be better next year and have a much higher initial ranking to help move us forward to a NC game having only to be in the top 4.

Aaaarghhh! No it isn't.

LOL I told my youngest son to not let college get in the way of his education. Kid went undergrad for 5.33 years and then "enlisted" in the Army. Could not be prouder of the young man:) Also, I still stand by my declaration, college is a small stepping stone for a real education.

I agree with this!

Aaaarghhh! No it isn't.

first of all ... nice use of Christmas colors.

I don't know why you got your degree from auburn, but I went to get an education ... So I could have a career in something that would allow me to create a quality of life for myself that met my goals.

I did not go to get an education, so that in and of itself made me feel warm and fuzzy. So yes, it is my opinion that college was to go and learn so I could seek a career.

Sometimes folks end up w 2 careers. Some football players are gifted and enjoy a rewarding and profitable "first" career called pro football. If they did not complete their degree then auburn allows them to come back and complete it so they can go on with the next phase of their life.

As far as your green paragraph ... I have no idea what your talking about ...

:laugh::thumbsup:

Archived