Which team is on their 3rd string QB,,,,

Tigermike

Before we start, lets just make ONE rule. Don't use this to merely poke fun at BAMA. They have a rich tradition and are extremely proud of their 6-5 record this year and all the moral victories they won. STOP! STOP! ! Keep on track.

Which team is on their 3rd string QB,,,,

But is playing in the SECC game? Obviously not the AUBURN TIGERS, because Jason Campbell is still under center. So it has to be the Tennessee Volunteers. We have heard much from just about all Tide fans about what if Brodie had not got hurt.

Tennessee is 8-2 and Alabama is 6-5, obviously having to play with a 3rd string QB is not the only mitigating factor. So what is the difference? Is the West division better than the East? Could it be coaching?

The comparison of UT's and UAT's injury situations aren't even close...are you sure you didn't mean to put this in the woodshed? Sorry but that's just weak smack...especially since uat gave us our second toughest game all year. Think about it...

It could be that Alabama was on their 3rd team QB by the time the meat of our schedule came around. UT didn't get to their 3rd team QB until after they had played all of their top opponents.

I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or not, but I think it could be part of the problem.

I was not trying to talk smack. I know where the Woodshed is and if you would like to check back over my post, you will see that I engage in very little smack talk. TN is not only on their 3rd QB but have had other major injuries as well. It is true Bama did play AU a much closer game than TN. But that does not respond to the question. What is the difference? TN did manage to beat both GA and FLA. Two top 25 teams, Bama has not fared as well.

I What is the difference?  TN did manage to beat both GA and FLA.  Two top 25 teams, Bama has not fared as well.

126062[/snapback]

Again, UT did not play UGA and UF with their 3rd team QB. Both theor 1st and 2nd team QB's (which were actually co-1st teamers at the time) played.

You normally will not ever see me coming to the defense of UAT, but the circumstances that they have found themselves in could not possibly be compared to anybody else. UT has depth and has not missed a beat in ten years. Coaching changes at UAT and different styles of Offense have left them wanting for pro style quarterbacks. I think the West is probably more competitive now however, UAT's Defense and a weaker schedule is really what has allowed them to have six wins. Otherwise they would have been similar to last year. In a couple of years, the QB situation and recruiting will probably have worked itself out.

UT's starting QB didnt go down until the ND game...which they lost. They have since managed to beat Vandy by a score of 38-33. They wrapped up the east before their starter ever went down.

But they still have their starting fullbacks and RBs healthy...so whats your point?

They beat us by four AT HOME with their starting QB...who managed to lead their offense to 10 whole points against us. with 2 picks...yeah im sure they would have beaten us with that kid they got in there now.

i agree with bama grad, what is the point of this thread.

ut has played realitively healthy all season despite misfortunate incidents dropping the dynamic duo.

war eagle@seccg

UT's starting QB didnt go down until the ND game...which they lost. They have since managed to beat Vandy by a score of 38-33. They wrapped up the east before their starter ever went down.

But they still have their starting fullbacks and RBs healthy...so whats your point?

They beat us by four AT HOME with their starting QB...who managed to lead their offense to 10 whole points against us. with 2 picks...yeah im sure they would have beaten us with that kid they got in there now.

126212[/snapback]

The only point is that TN has been using a third string QB as has Bama. They have achieved different results. The few times I watched TN this year, I truly thought they were not a really good team. For one thing, on defense they don't seem to tackle very well. (But if they read this, they will in two weeks).

If I am not mistaken, TN had several injuries on their OL.

The comparison of UT's and UAT's injury situations aren't even close...are you sure you didn't mean to put this in the woodshed?  Sorry but that's just weak smack...especially since uat gave us our second toughest game all year.  Think about it...

126058[/snapback]

What's wrong with a little good old fashioned "smack"? :big:

uat fans constantly like to point out that they are playing with their 3rd string QB. Not surprisingly, they don't know what they're talking about. Spencer Pennington has played in 7 games, beat out Marc Guillon and started over twice as many games as Brodie Croyle has this season. At what point will the bammies wake up and start calling him what he truly is -- the 1st-string QB? (Free clue: they have one more game to get this right.)

Same thing with Clausen for UT. If someone can point out 2 better QBs sitting on the bench dressed out & ready to play, then I'll refer to him as the 3rd string QB. If they can only point to Ainge & Schaeffer with their arms in slings ... then I will keep (correctly) referring to Clausen as the #1 QB.

Archived