To anyone who thinks the SEC is not

PChamp119

Though just one statistic, this is to anyone who still thinks we are #6...

Adding up all the votes from every school, I BELIEVE (I may have gotten some teams in the wrong conference by accident), the breakdown is as follows:

Conference AP Coaches

SEC 4375 4,079

Pac10 3551 3,230

Big12 3379 3,225

ACC 3034 2,930

Big10 2254 2,044

MWEST 1341 1,246

WAC 1084 999

BIGEAST 892 891

MAC 44 142

SUN 0 1

IND 2 1

Interesting...

Interesting that you have so much time on your hands. Why can't we just let the games be played and knock off the premature whining?

Interesting that you have so much time on your hands. Why can't we just let the games be played and knock off the premature whining?

126116[/snapback]

Yeah,

I'm sure LSU would have been fine with being left out last year, because they could just have won a title this year. Get real. Seasons like this come along rarely, and National Title opportunities (see LSU and Ohio State, or even 90's Florida) are even rarer. With parity, you must view undefeated seasons as a "once in a blue moon" situation. And to be jobbed out of a title shot in our first 11-0 season in 11 years (and first 12-0 season ever) is worth a little hand-wringing. But perhaps I could state is simpler.....The team accomplished something not just good, but monumental. They (and their fans) deserve more of a reward. A #2 final ranking and a whooping of Miami is a good reward. We'd deserve it if we finished 12-1. But 13-0?

I'm just sick of all the whining. It won't change anything, and I believe until Auburn has actually been "screwed" it just looks foolish for people to be offering playoff proposals and all that.

If we go 12-0 and don't get the Orange Bowl, there's nothing whining is gonna do to change that. If we go 13-0 and don't get a piece of a MNC, no amount of whining will change that. Respect the season for what it is and quit waiting for others to tell us we're good.

I'm just sick of all the whining. It won't change anything, and I believe until Auburn has actually been "screwed" it just looks foolish for people to be offering playoff proposals and all that.

If we go 12-0 and don't get the Orange Bowl, there's nothing whining is gonna do to change that. If we go 13-0 and don't get a piece of a MNC, no amount of whining will change that. Respect the season for what it is and quit waiting for others to tell us we're good.

126165[/snapback]

OK. I misunderstood. I thought you were underestimating how big it is to lose a rare chance like this. You're right, though. Whining won't win us a NC. If it isn't working for UAT, it won't work for us, either. :)

Archived