2016 3* RB Malik Miller (AU commit 6/11/15)

McLoofus

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JMO from watching him for a couple years- while he's a really good HS LB'er, Malik's future is on O. It's not even a question in my mind actually.

alright, so Kam Pettway is now a HB and Miller could be our next commit according to E...Assuming it would be HBack with other top targets at RB or are we now considering taking two?

It would not be at HB as things stand right now. His recruitment is exactly like Pettway's in that we are only looking at him as a RB right now. No talk of HB by the staff. Per the free article linked below by Keith Niebuhr we are looking to take 2 RBs & 1 HB or TE in this class. I think the staff feels better about HB than TE right now due to the potential of Pattway & Cox so I think that 1 would be a TE. If Malik does commit soon as a RB it would be interesting to see what happens w/ AU & Elijah Holyfield. The priority in this class is 1 speed back. Neither MM or EH fits that bill.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Auburn-recruiting-snapshot-Gus-Malzahn-Will-Mushcamp-36527415

Assuming Jovon has a great year and leaves next year, we would be at 4 RBs in 2016 that include Barber, Thomas, Pettway and Johnson plus whoever we bring in this year. I could see Malik and Holyfield plus a speed back/slot guy being signed this year.

Assuming Jovon has a great year and leaves next year, we would be at 4 RBs in 2016 that include Barber, Thomas, Pettway and Johnson plus whoever we bring in this year. I could see Malik and Holyfield plus a speed back/slot guy being signed this year.

If you are going to include Pettway, you probably need to count Chandler as well.

It's possible but as this time the staff is planning for 2 RBs total.

And I think Peyton is more likely to leave if he doesn't get carries than Jovon going pro. After gaining 20 unnecessary pounds and loding a step last year Jovon may have to prove himself all over again or possible not get the carries Tree & Cap did last season.

.Also Pettway is not a RB anymore. He's a HB.

Jovon is doing just fine from what I hear, picking things up well.

Yup. My post was made before I got that info.

And I think Peyton is more likely to leave if he doesn't get carries than Jovon going pro. After gaining 20 unnecessary pounds and loding a step last year Jovon may have to prove himself all over again or possible not get the carries Tree & Cap did last season.

What are you hearing about how Peyton is doing?

You would know more than me. I only included Pettway with the RBs because that was where he was initially recruited and to show how limited numbers really are. Regarding the Barber vs Robinson leaving early, if Peyton isn't getting the carries he wants, it stands to reason it would be because Jovon was getting them instead. I don't see Roc or Kerryon being the primary carrier.... THIS year.

You would know more than me. I only included Pettway with the RBs because that was where he was initially recruited and to show how limited numbers really are. Regarding the Barber vs Robinson leaving early, if Peyton isn't getting the carries he wants, it stands to reason it would be because Jovon was getting them instead. I don't see Roc or Kerryon being the primary carrier.... THIS year.

Roc, especially since he has put on about 10 lbs w/out losing a step, can definitely be a primary ball carrier.

I've been watching KJ and MM play for several years now. They are both physically gifted in different ways. As far as running styles are concerned, they are very different. KJ is the more elusive back with a burst while MM looks more like a Rudy Johnson to me.

I've always been intrigued with KJ at safety and impressed with his play there. MM has the build of a LB, if on the short side. That being said, both of these guys will (would) do well in Gus' system.

• 2 weeks later...

JMO, I think Malik is ready to commit soon. I personally do not think this will effect our chances with Holyfield though. I think we will take both. I really think he will end up in our fullback role.

• 3 weeks later...

Stove is obvious pick but Miller is my safe bet. Holyfield is another guy on commit watch.

Stove is obvious pick but Miller is my safe bet. Holyfield is another guy on commit watch.

All three by the end of BCW.

WOAH!! Talk about a BOOM weekend!

Holyfield is going to wait it out for a couple more months IMO.

Holyfield is going to wait it out for a couple more months IMO.

That is a bummer

• 4 weeks later...

A good al.com article ... us and FSU ... Malik breaks it down ...

The final candidates?

"Florida State and Auburn, really," Miller said. "(Mississippi State) is really recruiting me pretty hard right now. Alabama is still recruiting me, but Florida State and Auburn have become distinct."

The 5-foot-11, 229-pounder will visit Tallahassee next weekend before making his decision known the following week. He said he has a lot of "unanswered questions" for the Seminoles.

"I'm going to spend the whole day with the coaching staff -- coach (Jimbo) Fisher and Coach (Jay) Graham -- I want to get all those questions answered for myself," he said. "My parents have some unanswered questions. I want to see how things are going to go if I decide to go there.

"Everything's been answered (at Auburn.) I know the good, the bad... as far as recruiting, Auburn has done the best of any school."

During his visit to Auburn, Miller said Auburn coach Gus Malzahn and Tim Horton were both pushing for a commitment, as were 2015 signee Kerryon Johnson and 2016 commit Tre Threat.

"Coach Malzahn feels like I'll be one of the better players to come through Auburn," Miller said. "He said I'll play early because my versatility and some of the things I do separates me. I think he sees a lot in me and has a lot of confidence in me.

"I'm trying to sign a million-dollar contract in four years. I'm trying to go pro. I've disciplined myself and trained myself on and off the field. Basically, I'm seeing which place will give me the biggest opportunity to fulfill that goal."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/05/auburn_rb_target_malik_miller.html

Smart kid. And his parents, they didn't fall for the "Saban can get u to the league" bs. He's not the only coach that can do it. To be honest, his players are not as hyped up to be when they do make it to the league. Marcell Darius, IMO, is the only exception.

Archived