2016 3* RB Malik Miller (AU commit 6/11/15)

McLoofus

I hope Malik can become another Eric Smith on the field. Dude was a beast and very versatile.

As long as he is not the same beast off of the field that Eric Smith was. As others have posted, if we are going to only take one RB and Miller is another Eric Smith, we need to seriously recruit and sign another RB.

wde

I don't think we have to have another RB this class. Alaric should be coming in next class and I bet he wont be the only one. With the running backs we have now, I don't think it is a position of need ATM.

This times a thousand

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Malik can become another Eric Smith on the field. Dude was a beast and very versatile.

As long as he is not the same beast off of the field that Eric Smith was. As others have posted, if we are going to only take one RB and Miller is another Eric Smith, we need to seriously recruit and sign another RB.

wde

I don't think we have to have another RB this class. Alaric should be coming in next class and I bet he wont be the only one. With the running backs we have now, I don't think it is a position of need ATM.

This times a thousand

OK then RB is a low priority for this class. Got it.

wde

wde

This times a thousand

OK then RB is a low priority for this class. Got it.

wde

Partly but overall this is a weak RB class. No need to take a guy just for the sake of getting another RB. 2017 is a much deeper and better RB class.

I think Malik has a higher ceiling than Smith ever had. Hopefully he'll reach it.

I have a feeling that he is about to have a really big year at Madison Academy and will be a high four star by Feb. I imagine he has gained speed with his weight loss and body change. He has great vision and is hard to arm tackle already. He looks much different that he did just a year ago. This kid my end up being one of the unexpected gems of this class. That may lead to us only signing one RB this year as the talent pool at that position is shallower this year than years past and future for that matter.

3675745_zpsxymom7ks.jpg

"DAYUM" - kid behind Malik

All eyes on me......Man among boys!

Exactly!

He may have started in HS football since his freshman year. Kid has tons of experience.

• 1 month later...

Still getting the hang of this Periscope thing, but he says here he's down to 215:

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aIt3QTc1MzUyNnw1MDgyMDAxNzHwtGup3rufz4gMa7uVEtSBg8kiW9vu5EHITrkLUWmt

Not a particularly illuminating conversation for me otherwise, other than maybe listening to Miller's mature attitude about limiting touches to prolong his career. Ugh, I might be starting to buy the hype on this guy...

I've seen him (and Kerryon for that matter) play many times. Kid is a baller and definitely worth the hype.

If he is down closer to 215 that definitely makes him more of a true RB. I watched the game last year Madison Academy had on EPSN to start the year. It was hard to know who impressed me more, Miller or Johnson. Getting both of them will be AWESOME.

Just looked it up and, if he is down to 215, he'll be the exact same size as Chubb during his senior season. Looks like we've got a future superstar on our hands.

Just looked it up and, if he is down to 215, he'll be the exact same size as Chubb during his senior season. Looks like we've got a future superstar on our hands.

I taste your sarcasm

I taste your sarcasm

Meant it more to be facetious than sarcastic. I'll say this: I do not think he carried his previous weight well and am thinking that this weight loss will be very beneficial.

I taste your sarcasm

Meant it more to be facetious than sarcastic. I'll say this: I do not think he carried his previous weight well and am thinking that this weight loss will be very beneficial.

I agree

I taste your sarcasm

It's also encouraging that he was willing to do what he needed to do to lose that bad weight before even getting on campus. It speaks well to his commitment to success.

I taste your sarcasm

It's also encouraging that he was willing to do what he needed to do to lose that bad weight before even getting on campus. It speaks well to his commitment to success.

Yep

Archived