2016 3* RB Malik Miller (AU commit 6/11/15)

McLoofus

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I met him about a year ago and told him he needed to go to Auburn. So, I'll take credit for this. Thank you. Thank you very much!

Nice kid. I will be very interested to see how he performs as "The Man" in the MA offense this season.

A nice addition to the class. He will be paving the way for a group of elite RBs in our stable.

I'm not real familiar with Madison Academy but that school puts out some good kids. Props to Madison Academy. AU has two class kids.

Ha, not having those pesky school zone restrictions does tend to help. :)

Anyone else watch his hudl and think fullback? Glad to have his commitment but honestly don't see SEC rb from his highlights.

Austin Troxell. About 6'8", 275 as a 10th grader. Projected to be a top OT prospect. Kid is really athletic. Grew up a Bama fan from what I hear. Maybe having a mini-AU pipeline going from MA will help.

Anyone else watch his hudl and think fullback? Glad to have his commitment but honestly don't see SEC rb from his highlights.

I know Megadour agrees with you, and I'm sort of surprised he hasn't chimed in (get it, chimes? :poke: ) on this issue, yet.

In watching his film, though, I could see him as a very effective SEC running back. He may end up at FB/HB; but I suspect he'll be competing with Kerryon and Roc for carries, not with Cox, at least in the beginning.

On the first page in the info about him it says - December 2016 grad. Does this mean he will participate in the Spring 2017 practice and play in the Fall of 2017?

Austin Troxell. About 6'8", 275 as a 10th grader. Projected to be a top OT prospect. Kid is really athletic. Grew up a Bama fan from what I hear. Maybe having a mini-AU pipeline going from MA will help.

To add here I believe he has visited AU much more than Bama so I think we are fairly hard after him. Also he's a very high 4* 2017 target

http://247sports.com/Player/Austin-Troxell-77294

On the first page in the info about him it says - December 2016 grad. Does this mean he will participate in the Spring 2017 practice and play in the Fall of 2017?

It was a typo & has been fixed. He graduates this December & will be an EE.

Rudi Johnson says Hello! He made one heck of an SEC RB!

RIR, thanks for posting the video. KJ is one sharp kid. Based on listening to KJ and Malik, I am very impressed with Madison Academy.

Love those EEs. No clue if there's any evidence that they enjoy more long term (or short term) success, but it seems like it can't be a bad thing.

This kids is a stud. He will show a lot of people this year that he is a RB through and through. Yes he has a frame that would work as FB, but he deserves the ball a lot more than that. This is a great pick-up by AU and I hope it is a great start to a pipeline through MA. They pulled off the 3A tri-fecta this year (football, baseball & basketball) and if I am not mistaken, that is a repeat in football and baseball. There are a lot of athletes coming through MA and they are very well educated there. These are the type of kids that I love to see going to AU.

War Eagle Malik!!! Can't wait to see you sporting the great O&B!!!

Rudi Johnson says Hello! He made one heck of an SEC RB!

I agree, Rudi was awesome. Rudi also seemed to be a good bit more fluid than MM. Not trying to hate on the kid, but his highlights just looked like him running through a lot of arm tackles of kids half his size.

I know Megadour agrees with you, and I'm sort of surprised he hasn't chimed in (get it, chimes? :poke:/> ) on this issue, yet.

In watching his film, though, I could see him as a very effective SEC running back. He may end up at FB/HB; but I suspect he'll be competing with Kerryon and Roc for carries, not with Cox, at least in the beginning.

Well if meta agrees then I KNOW I'm on to something. Also, thanks for the non flame/smartass response.

Archived