Alabama Governor not attending NCG

Johndunc

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is just as well in that the governor not attend the game. I do not live in Alabama, and do not know how popular or un-popular he is. I would think that this is his second term and is not bothered with trying to get elected again. I am sure there are enough Auburn fans that could doom him if he does not give Auburn equal time. Playing in the NC should be enough for any politician to support if he/she wants relected to whatever post.

It is just as well in that the governor not attend the game. I do not live in Alabama, and do not know how popular or un-popular he is. I would think that this is his second term and is not bothered with trying to get elected again. I am sure there are enough Auburn fans that could doom him if he does not give Auburn equal time. Playing in the NC should be enough for any politician to support if he/she wants relected to whatever post.

He is up for reelection next year. His attendance or lack thereof at the NC games won't have any bearing on whether he gets another term or not.

Alabama is in the running to land the new Boeing airplane plant. I would much rather see him continue to work on that than go to the ballgame.

He's a UAT grad. Remember when he spoke at in 2011 and he had to mentioned something about Alabama winning their championship a year before? it was our time to shine and he had to bring up UAT winning theirs before we won our championshipThat did not go over to well with me.

He's a UAT grad. Remember when he spoke at in 2011 and he had to mentioned something about Alabama winning their championship a year before? it was our time to shine and he had to bring up UAT winning theirs before we won our championshipThat did not go over to well with me.

I don't give a hoot if he is a UAT grad or not. It has no bearing on whether I would vote for him or not.

Most uat grads are pretty decent folks. It's their sidewalk fans that cause most of the problems.

I was on the field for the ceremony in the stadium, and he most definitely did. Made a point about how great it was for teams from Alabama to win two years in a row. I never heard anything else he said after that due to the chorus of boos that erupted.

Back to the original point though, he's a Bama guy. Won't hurt me at all to have him stay home.

He makes me think of the old preacher in Poltergeist 2.

^^^^^^^^^^^^This. My wife is freaked out by his look.

Count me in as well. The man looks like a corpse from the local small town funeral home.

Bentley is a Bama homer and we would be better served if he doesn't poke his nose into something he truly doesn't back. Not to mention the tax dollars spent to carry him and his entourage to Pasadena. On a side note does anyone know if he followed through with his vow to not take a salary till Alabama reached full employment?

Is there some reason I should be mad about my tax dollars not subsidizing a trip to Pasadena? I got no issues with this.

AMEN!!!!!!! And and Amen again!!!!!

Is there some reason I should be mad about my tax dollars not subsidizing a trip to Pasadena? I got no issues with this.

exactly

Dito, I would rathe him do his job vs. spend tax payer $$ on a vacation. He's not paid to support CFB. No problem here.

WHO REALLY CARES!!!!!!!!! :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle:

Not I

but "the Bear's doctor" was at least an undercurrent of his 1st campaign

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1734&dat=19741015&id=VH4cAAAAIBAJ&sjid=21EEAAAAIBAJ&pg=4377,4640316

Archived