You Can Thank Mac Brown for this one

doc4aday

After spending 45 minutes in conversation with my very reliable source trying to make heads or tails of the coaching situation, he told me what is about as close of an accurate answer as there is on this issue.

1. Mac Brown was supposed to announce his retirement plans during the press conference Thursday at the Alamo Bowl coaches conference.

2. Mac got very upset in that there was not supposed to be any leaks of his intention until his press conference.

3. Mac was supposed to step down after the bowl game.

4. Saban was waiting for all of this to be official so he could officially resign from UAT.

5. Mac decided that it was in his and the teams best interest that he would try to be back next year, and that this would be his official last season.

6. Saban decided to sign his contract extension today due to Mac's change of mind.

There is a lot more to this that we will most likely ever know. In many ways, I was hoping Saban would be back at bammer in that this would be so much fun to see Gus & company put a nice butt whipping on bammer next November. All I have heard is that Saban and the rest of the SEC will figure out how to stop our offense. You know, I hope that they continue to think this way. Little do they realize that CGM has so many other wrinkles and options of his version of the Deleware Wing-T. I was so sure about the Brown/Saban coaching soap opera. Things can and do change when you think you have it all figured out! My apologies to all with my incorrect information. We need to focus of FSU, and how we are going to make them look help-less against Gus's big show!

MB is very naive if he thought he could keep everything under wraps and have no leaks about it. In this day and time everyone wants to get the story out first and they will run with any scrap of info they can get. It is the world we live in.

Archived