Chizik-head coaching aspirations

quietfan

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/huntsvill...37776281080.xml

...The Tigers lead the nation in scoring defense. They are the only team in the country in the top 10 of four major defensive categories - scoring, total defense, pass defense and rushing defense.

Remarkably, through 11 games, the Tigers have given up only one rushing touchdown. Kentucky got one in a game that was already out of hand.

"I've never really been involved in anything like that," Chizik said. "The whole year, we've never really talked about it.

Chizik has soaked up knowledge at every stop. His long-term goal has always been the same - to be a head coach.

"I always wanted to be a head coach, provided I felt like I was ready," Chizik said. "I was a coordinator in Division I-AA, at a mid-major school and now here. Things have never changed for me, really. Do I think I'm ready? Absolutely."

But Chizik isn't sending out applications. If it's the right job, he says, he'll listen. Otherwise, he'll be happy to stay where he is with his wife Jonna, twin daughters Landry and Kennedy, and son Cally.

"Two things are going to be critical," Chizik said. "Is it a job where you can win? And will my family be happy? We love it here."

Dear Coach Chizik (and Coach Borges),

I appreciate your goals and desires, and you deserve nothing but the best. But can you please give us another year or two of winning at Auburn before you move on? We'll be eternally grateful!

War Eagle! :D

Archived