image.jpg

Braden Smith, OG

Olathe, KS

Ht: 6-6 | Wt: 290 lb

- Primary Recruiter: J.B. Grimes

- OV 1/17/14

- OV TAMU (1/24)

- OV TCU (1/31)

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Colorado, Georgia, Iowa, Kansas, Kansas State, Miami (Fl.), Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, South Carolina, Stanford, Tennessee, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, USC, Vanderbilt and Wisconsin, among others.

Composite & 247:4*, #3 OG, #64 overall & 4*, #7 OG, #122 overall

Rivals:4*, #5 OG, #50 overall

ESPN 4*, #9 OG, #127 overall

Scout: 5*, #1 OG, #26 overall

One of the most physically impressive specimens in the country. He is a beast in the weightroom and that strength shows on tape. He has quick feet and good athleticism which allows him to pull effectively. Even though he is very muscular he is not robotic with his movement. He plays low, with good pad level and shows good flexibility. He plays both ways in high school and could play OT, OG or DT in college. He is a no frills, hard-nosed player.

http://auburn.scout....c=1&nid=6207580

Hudl Highlight Page

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone has contact with him. Tell him we're watching the National Championship game at Buffalo Wild Wings... 137th and Metcalf. Let him see what the Auburn Family is really like.

5-star on Scout. Looks like a player. Surprising that he is a strong lean to TCU. Nothing wrong with Horned Frogs, but I would expect Longhorns, Aggies, Okie, or Huskers would be all over this guy.

An article on Rivals said he wants to be a pumpkin farmer when he gets older.... That's exactly who I want playing OG for AU.

It looks like we might get last visit. It is the only one he has not set yet.

We will not get the last visit as things stand now. He is set to visit TCU the last weekend before NSD. We will have to be a midweek visit before then.

We need to recruit the o line bad. I am worried about JBs ability to bring in big time lineman.Ya we are stacked at the moment but we did hardly nothing O line recruiting last year and so far this year.

Next year it better be a point of emphasis, its the most important part of a team.

I just saw his pics from the Under Armour game practice. A Scout 5* at 6'6" 290, he is not only big but solid as a rock. I mean take a look at this kid, he looks like a Jay Prosch only 6 " taller. We need to sign him if at all possible.

1201586.jpg

I think we all agree that CJBG is a great coach, but the jury is still out on his recruiting skills. I was disappointed that he wasn't able to retain/recruit Westy after coaching change. Had a shot at Golson last year but couldn't seal the deal. I think we'll get a couple of big-time guys next year but need one this year IMO. Do Garner and Craig get involved in OL recruiting?

I just saw his pics from the Under Armour game practice. A Scout 5* at 6'6" 290, he is not only big but solid as a rock. I mean take a look at this kid, he looks like a Jay Prosch only 6 " taller. We need to sign him if at all possible.

1201586.jpg

I think on his frame, he could carry another 30 pounds easily.... And probably would need to in transition to SEC life.

Golson was gone for all practical purposes by the time Gus & Co. took over. We snagged Mix last year, and OL recruiting hasn't been a priority this year or last, with the load we already have on campus. Look for us to sign 5 or 6 OL recruits next season, regardless of whether we pick up one or two this year. I don't see any of this as a reflection on Grimes. And after this season, Grimes will be much more impressive for the turnaround he led for what essentially is the same starting line as what we went 3-9 with last year. Patience, boys and girls.

I think we all agree that CJBG is a great coach, but the jury is still out on his recruiting skills.

OL performance recruits itself. Greg Robinson all-world season; now looking like a potential Top 15 pick as a redshirt Sophomore. Reese Dismukes Rimington Award finalist.

Our offense works because our OL is dominant. This kid (Braden Smith) actually contacted Auburn to show interest. Recruiting will not be a problem if what you see on the field continues.

Archived