4 star OG/OT Braden Smith

EagleDamnWar

This is big. I thought BSmith was a long shot until this. Aren't all the big guns coming on the 17th. Tre, Roc, White, Evans, etc, etc?

It's looking like an AU, TCU battle to me. Keeping my fingers crossed. If CJBG seals the deal he gets his recruiting wings.

Evans will not be there the 17th but it will not matter with him.

I'm still kinda hoping Evans shows up at Auburn on 17th unofficially, but you're probably right. Evans is a classy guy and will give Tide its due.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smith and Evans are the I would most like to see sign with AU.Anyone else would be icing on the cake.

It seems like TA&M is leading for Smith now. Our staff has some work to do to get him.

Them and TCU (Sister is there) have been thought to lead but his canceling the ND visit and coming on the 17th, (Grimes saw him this week already IIRC) means we are in it...

I'm going with AU on this one. Another gut feeling.

I hope your right. Seems like TCU and TAM have had a lead on us for him

I'm going with AU on this one. Another gut feeling.

I hope your right. Seems like TCU and TAM have had a lead on us for him

Both A&M & TCU are on the downward spiral while AU is the hottest program in the country. I think this kid wants to win. AU.

Both A&M & TCU are on the downward spiral

Don't know anything about TCU, honestly, but isn't it a little early to say that TAMU is spiraling downward? I know they're losing their 3 most important players on offense, but they do currently have the 5th ranked class on Rivals and had top 15 classes the 2 years before that.

Sumlin + SEC + fun offense + spectacular new stadium = pretty strong recruiting pitch

Don't know anything about TCU, honestly, but isn't it a little early to say that TAMU is spiraling downward? I know they're losing their 3 most important players on offense, but they do currently have the 5th ranked class on Rivals and had top 15 classes the 2 years before that.

Sumlin + SEC + fun offense + spectacular new stadium = pretty strong recruiting pitch

Sumlin + SEC + no Johnny Football & Evans + no defense = downward spiral. A&M will be lucky to be bowl eligible this year.

A&M will be lucky to be bowl eligible this year.

Kind of like us this year?

A&M has talent and they are still recruiting at a top level. Sumlin is a good coach. To say that they are done because Manziel is gone is extremely premature.

A&M has talent and they are still recruiting at a top level. Sumlin is a good coach. To say that they are done because Manziel is gone is extremely premature.

We shall see.

If anyone can get me some info on what time and where his announcement will be, I will do what I can to make sure there are some Auburn clad folks in attendance.

We shall see.

We shall indeed and until they can stop someone, Im not sold their prospects in the short term are that bright. They lost 4 games WITH Manziel and Evans. If their defense is not exponentially better right away this could be a long season for the Aggies.

Guest jojo1515

Sumlin + SEC + no Johnny Football & Evans + no defense = downward spiral. A&M will be lucky to be bowl eligible this year.

I have to agree with WDE on this one. Of course it is all only opinions, but it appeared as though without JM, aTm would have lost to Ole Miss and Duke, leaving them with a 7-6 record. To think they will be any better than that next year with games against us, bama, LSU, Ole Miss, Mizzou and USCe is premature IMO as I think they lose all 6 of these.

A&M is recruiting some elite D talent this year in the UnderArmour game they had a stud at DE as an example. D will be better they are picking up a really good QB also. They usually have a solid O-Line that might decide to run more now that Johnny is gone that in itself will help the D. All that said I hope Braden reads the guys who are saying A&M is going to crash and burn and believes you then he will pick Auburn.

I can't say that A&M will be worse, though they may well be, but I can say that they will not be better IMO, at least not next year to start the season off anyway. They could wind up being a better all around team once they get rolling IYAM. Sometimes a player like JFF can be very polarizing, leading to jealousy among teammates and bad feelings at times. His negative press pre-season would have made me want to whip his fanny if I were on that team. Just his whole attitude of "Don't you know who I am?" along with his coach making excuses for him was enough for me. Very Latrell Sprewell like, I can't wait for some NFL guys to get a hold of him and neither can they!

If anyone can get me some info on what time and where his announcement will be, I will do what I can to make sure there are some Auburn clad folks in attendance.

We will when specifics are made. All we know know is it will be on ESPNU on NSD.

Don't you think our coaches will know his decision before then, say Feb.1 or 2 maybe. I'm hoping E and others will give us some hints/educated opinions before the 4th.

Don't you think our coaches will know his decision before then, say Feb.1 or 2 maybe. I'm hoping E and others will give us some hints/educated opinions before the 4th.

We won't know anything til after his OV this weekend. Hopefully the last couple of weeks WDEWDE and others will be able to share some insight.

If the coaches do know something they won't say it. The whole purpose of having an announcement ceremony on national TV is to, well, have an announcement ceremony. If you want to blow the deal ahead of time, just make some public comment and see where the kid ends up. It won't be with the coach that leaked the info.

If the coaches do know something they won't say it. The whole purpose of having an announcement ceremony on national TV is to, well, have an announcement ceremony. If you want to blow the deal ahead of time, just make some public comment and see where the kid ends up. It won't be with the coach that leaked the info.

There have been some ceremonies that weren't very suspenseful because most everybody knew. When it's been planned for weeks I guess you go through the motions and people pretend to be surprised and excited. But I do agree that our staff will not leak anything they know in confidence. (kids probably leak it themselves if truth be known). Obviously coaches want to know ASAP in case they need to make an 11th hour offer. An hour could be critical during these final days.

Archived