2015 Recruiting Board (Updated: 2/4/15)

WarEagleAU

Anyone know where the sudden extra spot came from?

I have a "through the grapevine" answer, but I suppose I shall follow the "no link/no rumors" rule so I can stick around until tomorrow.

The only possible way we would have signed 29 is if the staff changed their minds about putting Ike Powell on scholly as planned. If he goes on Scholly before January 2016 then he counts in this class.

That didn't really answer his question. The extra slots (2) weren't really extra slots, they came from 2 fewer signees that counted. AUTUMike found a little-known NCAA rule that applied to Jason Smith and Jovon Robinson. Those two didn't count against this class. Therefore, our 28 number was good, we just had two fewer "counting " signees than everyone thought. The list is now at 27 but only 25 counted. He started a thread about it in the recruiting forum, you may have to scroll down to page two to find it but that explains the two extras.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, are we finished or is there any interest in the confused state of Roquan Smith or Ce Ce Jefferson?

Roquan Smith interest appears to be rising as well.

For AU? Last I heard we weren't in the mix. You're saying that's changed?

Some people claiming that Roquan has serious interest in an unnamed southeastern school

I have a "through the grapevine" answer, but I suppose I shall follow the "no link/no rumors" rule so I can stick around until tomorrow.

The only possible way we would have signed 29 is if the staff changed their minds about putting Ike Powell on scholly as planned. If he goes on Scholly before January 2016 then he counts in this class.

That didn't really answer his question. The extra slots (2) weren't really extra slots, they came from 2 fewer signees that counted. AUTUMike found a little-known NCAA rule that applied to Jason Smith and Jovon Robinson. Those two didn't count against this class. Therefore, our 28 number was good, we just had two fewer "counting " signees than everyone thought. The list is now at 27 but only 25 counted. He started a thread about it in the recruiting forum, you may have to scroll down to page two to find it but that explains the two extras.

Is that because Smith and Robinson were counted for 2013 class and shouldn't have to count on the same school twice? If they had signed with a different program they for sure would be counted again.

Is that because Smith and Robinson were counted for 2013 class and shouldn't have to count on the same school twice? If they had signed with a different program they for sure would be counted again.

That's the way the rule reads, but only if they went to a two-year institution and then back to the same school. There's some question if this applies to both or just Jovon, since Jason was not actually enrolled here. It could take some legal-minded person to read the fine print and figure it out. Here's a link to the thread with the rule written out. http://www.aufamily....l-counter-rule/

What does anyone think? Both or just Jovon? Jovon was actually enrolled at AU and attended classes, which technically makes him a little different from Jason.

One last request for our 2015 class. Please correct me if my totals are off. I have tried to figure out how we did with regard to the totals of 5-star, 4-star, and 3-star recruits we signed. I have it as follows:

Total 3-STAR... 6 total recruits

Total 4-STAR... 17 total recruits

Total 5-STAR... 3 total recruits

Archived