How many scholarships do we have??

doc4aday

I have looked all over, and cannot find out the total number of scholarships we have available for this class? Does anyone know how many we will go over the limit? I see that most schools go 2-3 over the limit. Just wanted to know.

Hey if we start doing it the right way (aka the bammer way) no one will ever know how many we have on scholarship and we can sign whoever we want every year.

E, Mikey or someone is likely better to answer this question, but most calculations have us being able to sign up to 28 guys this year. So at least that many and maybe more depending on attrition

I have looked all over, and cannot find out the total number of scholarships we have available for this class? Does anyone know how many we will go over the limit? I see that most schools go 2-3 over the limit. Just wanted to know.

Mikey an/or I answer this ? on almost a daily basis now. It's either 28 or 31. We don't know yet because there is a possible discrepency in signing rules for non qualified recruits.

For your second ? We will be at 62 schollies when the rest of the Seniors graduate in May. We can sign 23 to be at the 85 limit when everybody enrolls. We likely will sign more than 23 as there is likely more attrition on the way.

• 5 months later...

With the two transfers in and the fact that everyone qualified in the 2014 class, how may can Auburn sign in next recruiting class and how many need to qualify in December? Can we now get it narrowed between 28 and 31? If 23 puts us at the 85 limit, what is the max we sign with enough attrition? Thanks.

We signed 24 in 2014 class + Mathews makes 25 but didn't a couple of the EE's count back to 2013, so we might be able to count back a couple of 2015 EE's. Is that correct? I believe Golson counts for 2015 class. Once again Mathews bad behavior gets him on scholarsip a year earlier while Golson has to walk on. But that's another topic. I agree attrition usually keeps the 85 cap from factoring in. A couple of former walkons may have to walk on again or move on. Staff can always make the numbers work

We can sign 29, including Trey Matthews.

Don't worry about the 85 limit, there's no way to predict attrition but it usually runs between seven and nine a year. Nine have already 'attritioned' this year, which, for counting purposes, ends July 31 and a new year starts August 1.

Does that include Golson as well? If so, 10 more we could possible sign max?

Does not include Golson. He's coming as a walk-on.

Don't worry about the 85 limit, there's no way to predict attrition but it usually runs between seven and nine a year. Nine have already 'attritioned' this year, which, for counting purposes, ends July 31 and a new year starts August 1.

Au is planning on signing 29 this year. Mikey is all over this.

Great explanation, thank you.

Does that include Golson as well? If so, 10 more we could possible sign max?

Does not include Golson. He's coming as a walk-on.

To add to this, Golson will not count against a first year scholly limit til he goes on scholly.

He's not the only 1.Even though we have our differences on some things He and I have both worked hard on keeping posters abreast of the yearly numbers as this topic comes up about once every few weeks through various ways and threads.

Yes, Mikey knows stuff.

Mikey, thanks for being so on top of this stuff!

Mikey, thanks for being so on top of this stuff!

All it takes is a pencil and notebook, some time and what some would call an obsession with tracking signees and attrition. It's a guy named Phil Corrigan's fault. He was paraded around at one of our home basketball games around, say, 1970 as the top D-line prospect in the country. He signed with Auburn, went through his freshman year then quit the team and ran home to Florida with his tail between his legs. I started following how many dropped out after that big disappointment and there ya' go.

He's not the only 1.Even though we have our differences on some things He and I have both worked hard on keeping posters abreast of the yearly numbers as this topic comes up about once every few weeks through various ways and threads.

Great job E! Thanks for keeping us up-to-date.

You can't spell Mikey without an E and then you also wouldn't get an E without Mikey.........the debate goes on. Good work on the numbers.

Archived