One Week Later and I Still Don't Feel Well....

tigerman1186

Now since I had a week to reflect on the BCS game I am still very disappointed on the outcome...sitting in the RB, I felt good about the focus of the team and looking around, I know we had 65% control of the stadium....I have to 1st say I didn't know how we would do, after hearing the 'talking heads' I didn't know if it would be a blow-out for FSU or we would just win in the end...I am as true and blue as there is, but it still bugs me today that we didn't win the game and allowed it to end the way it did...

I am no great scholar of the game, but I told my daughter right before the fake-punt, that we need to be 'head-up' and of course they were able to get the 1st down and take it in for a TD, to change the complexion of the 1st half...I know many people look to the fake punt and the missed tackle as our downfall, and I agree they did contribute, but in the 3rd quarter we had finally put together a drive towards our goal when we had a holding penalty called against us...at the time we were up by 8, if, and I know 'if a frog had wings it wouldn't bump its rump when it jump', but IF we could have scored then, we could have put the game out of reach, or at least put pressure on them....

Still the life of me, why our kicker, who during the season would put about every kick-off through the endzone, couldn't do it the other night...I still believe the return didn't hurt us because we had enough time left to make a drive and score, which what we did, but we didn't have those kicks through the endzone as previous games..

Am I spolied, probably, I never thought in my life time we would have ever played for a NC, and low and behold we did and won in 2010, I just assumed we would have got another title when the oppurtunity came...I hope we have another one, because they don't just come around every so often....

I know I am rambling, but I am still very disappointed we didn't win...up by 18 at one time and couldn't hold the lead, it is hard to swallow...but the effort on all fronts was there...

WDE

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one has any confirmed information about whether or not Parkey was hurt? I had heard this from several sources, but have not found a definite link anywhere. Not trying to spread a rumor, just want to see if anyone actually knows...

I watched the 4th qtr again today. We still lose every time i watch. We had many opportunities. Now im stuck on the pass interference on 3rd n 8 at the 10. boy 4th n 8 would have been sweet. i dont think the receiver could have even got a hand on the ball, it was out in front. well well i need to delete it from the DVR.

While waiting in line to check out from our hotel in Las Vegas after the game, my son and I were discussing Cody Parkey's less than stellar kicking performance at the game. An AU fan also in line overheard our conversation and told us that he sat next to Cody's Mom at the game, and she indicated that Cody was indeed injured. He has had back problems for most of the year and apparently all the kicking caught up with him before the game. He was given several injections before the game just to allow him to kick. Just passing on what I heard, but it would explain his performance.

Something was amiss with Cody...he couldn't make a kick during halftime warmups either. I just remember sitting there in the endzone just hoping it wouldn't come down to a 40 yarder for the win.

I'm with you. I don't think I'll ever bring myself to watch the game. Heck, I've avoided all replays.

I'm not a sore loser. I'm not one that allows my entire life to be affected by the performance of young men on a playing field. I went ahead about my business. I enjoyed my stay in California. With that said, it doesn't mean that I will ever discuss that game ever again. It's a stain on my memory. I was ready to frame the tickets. The entire season. The papers...the SI covers...everything. Now it's all tucked away in a box. Ready for my kids to see...but not ready for me to look at anytime in the near future.

I stayed after the game. I told each and every player and coach "Thank you" for their effort. Most of them were very visibly upset. I told them all how much we appreciated their effort and how much we appreciated the season they GAVE US. They earned it. They took us for a ride we won't forget. It's a season we'll all remember...but I don't have to "frame it" to be appreciative.

I've finally put my feeling to rest...they're here on "paper". On to the next one. WAR EAGLE.

Even after Marshall under threw Louis, the missed field goal, marshall over throwing Coates in the endzone, and giving up the kickoff return, the play that killed us was Davis and Ryan Smith giving up that big pass play the end. It reminded me of Buckner in the 86' world series for the Red Sox.

Stings a bit, but that's life. To have come so far in 1 year, reminds me of what a great season it was.

Better to lose in the last 13 seconds than to see ua-t and mctatt boy win another title.

Hell, I'd have lost the BCSCG than to have won the sugar bowl and watched ua-t lose to fsu.

And yes, we' comin', in 2014.

We had countless opportunities to put the game away! That is what's upsetting. The journey was unbelievable and sooo difficult to get to that game....then losing? Man it stings. FSU made little to no mistakes while we kept slapping ourselves in the head. They backed into the win. All they did was not screw up and we did often.

The best part about this is that there is unfinished business...keeps coaches hungry, the team humble and hungry for next year. That's how I am getting over it.

Take two aspirin and call your therapist in the Morning. You should be very proud of the season and the kids amazing effort. You are damaging their legacy with your pity party.

We will play in another championship game. And who knows, we might have to face FSU again. I'd love a rematch. I don't know if they want to face the mighty Auburn Tigers again.

I cannot give specifics because we do not elaborate on player health issues, (major or minor) but Parkey was not 100% at the NC game. We had A backup plan for field goals going into the 2nd half if needed.

I cannot give specifics because we do not elaborate on player health issues, (major or minor) but Parkey was not 100% at the NC game. We had A backup plan for field goals going into the 2nd half if needed.

who is we? We hear about player injuries regularly. he kicked one in the 2nd half.

You may hear about injuries, but not specifics. It is the policy of our Athletic medical and training staff to keep injuries private (as is the standard for all patients by the way). Often times the reports are generalized by the beat reporters and are inaccurate.

My point here is that the OP opined about Cody not hitting the end zone. I'm saying that he was under the weather before the game. He gave it his all and his 90% is better than most kicker's 100%.

Clark was kicking/attempting field goals at half time also... I say attempting because both he and Parkey were connecting on about a 50% clip during halftime "warmups".

Even after Marshall under threw Louis, the missed field goal, marshall over throwing Coates in the endzone, and giving up the kickoff return, the play that killed us was Davis and Ryan Smith giving up that big pass play the end. It reminded me of Buckner in the 86' world series for the Red Sox.

That big pass play is the one that I wish we had back. All that other stuff..It happens and I can deal with it. But that pass play.. /shudder

This was 13 seconds from one but our list continues. In 2004 we went undefeated in the SEC (beating 5...FIVE...top 10 teams along the way) and didn't get a chance to play for the title. In 1988, if LSU doesn't throw the earthquake TD with a minute to go, we play a VERY beatable West Virgina in the national title game. 1993 on probation not eligible for post season we go undefeated beating 3 top 10 teams along the way but although Oklahoma & USC boast titles in similar years, we apparently don't. In 1958 we'd gone undefeated 2 full seasons, having to share the '57 title with Ohio State and poised to win the '58 title Ga Tech ties final game of the year.

Most infuriating is listening to Bamzos (and many non-Bamzos) claim Bama's 13 undefeated seasons translates to 14 national titles yet our 12 undefeated seasons translates to...2 titles.

This was 13 seconds from one but our list continues. In 2004 we went undefeated in the SEC (beating 5...FIVE...top 10 teams along the way) and didn't get a chance to play for the title. In 1988, if LSU doesn't throw the earthquake TD with a minute to go, we play a VERY beatable West Virgina in the national title game. 1993 on probation not eligible for post season we go undefeated beating 3 top 10 teams along the way but although Oklahoma & USC boast titles in similar years, we apparently don't. In 1958 we'd gone undefeated 2 full seasons, having to share the '57 title with Ohio State and poised to win the '58 title Ga Tech ties final game of the year.

Most infuriating is listening to Bamzos (and many non-Bamzos) claim Bama's 13 undefeated seasons translates to 14 national titles yet our 12 undefeated seasons translates to...2 titles.

Your problem is you listen to bama fans. Infuriating? Please! Most of those morons are village idiots. i quit listening to their predictable BS.at least 25 years ago.

Archived