One Week Later and I Still Don't Feel Well....

tigerman1186

I knew there was something wrong with Parkey. Considering there was an injury/illness, he did well. He is such a fantastic kicker and has won so many games for us. Don't know if you see him PassTheBiscuits, but please let him know how grateful we are to have had his amazing talent for 4 years! He is a true Auburn man!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still frustrated. We had to mess up so much to lose by so little. If we play at just 80% of our level we still win. That game didn't really show the nation how good we really were

I think the offense and defense played well. It was the special teams unit that did not have the best game. They missed a field goal, then gave up a kick 6. FSU had better special teams. It pains me to say that. I hope that unit gets stronger. We need them. We still had a great team. I just wanted the storybook ending. I wanted a movie of inspiration about Auburn football. I love Auburn! War Eagle!!

I mostly feel bad for Tre....that last run would have been Auburn lore if the team had held on to win the game. We would be watching that run ('cause it was a thing of beauty) over and over for years to come when we remembered the championship. Now, unfortunately, it is just one good play out of many good plays by Tre during his time at AU and soon people will forget what was at stake when he broke loose and ran over the FSU safety along the way to that TD.

I also feel bad that we won't have another chance to watch him do his magic in an AU uniform again.

It's been almost 2 weeks now and I still think about the plays that might have gone our way and brought an AU win. I can only imagine what the players are feeling. I think (& hope) that they put can put the loss behind them quicker than the fans! This team surpassed what any of us could have imagined and I'm proud of what they accomplished.

I will always cherish the accomplishments of this team....from 3-9 to 12-2....seconds away from winning the MNC. I took my daughter to her first AU game this year so this season will always be special.

I gain alot of satisfaction knowing how much the Miracle in JH and the Kick 6 eats at 2 of our biggest rivals!!! We need to stick one in LSWHoo in 2014!

I was born and bred Auburn . Seen a bunch of games . Git'n beat don't stick in my

craw as bad as it did when I was younger ........ but it's still a bummer .

What we did to a couple of other teams this year got done to us in the last game .

It's football .......... crap happens .

We beat Georgia ... beat Alabama ... won the conference championship ... finished

up 12 and 2 ... ..................................... That last game was the turd in the pudding .

Still a damn good year in my book all things considered .

I have heard the rumors of health issues with Parkey, back, knee, hamstring, flu, etc. IMO, the wind blowing straight in his face the 4th Qtr had as much to do with the short kickoffs as any health issue.

We had quite a few mistakes that individually probably didn't cost us the game. These happen to every team in every game. Some are glaring some not as glaring. The compilation of the mistakes in the end will catch up to you. This is what happened to us. One play doesn't win a game or lose a game. I am proud of each and every one of the Our Auburn Tigers. They played their hearts out all season and were rewarded with the chance to win a National Championship. Well done guys!!

I think about the following over and over:

1) a missed field goal

2) an inerrant interception - Marshall's only real mistake of the day

3) a pulled hammy that created a massive lane for the FSU kickoff return

4) the fact that FSU's o-line didn't commit a holding penalty the entire game (rolls eyes/blood boils)

5) worst of all - the perfectly called defense that saw two defenders whiff on a tackle that flipped the field at the end of the game.

6) oh - nearly forgot - I tried to rewatch the game two nights ago and turned it off after Marshall's short arm to Louis on the first drive

Any one of these - maybe with the exception of #4 - goes the other way and Auburn wins. Ugh...still beyond proud of this year, but ugh...

The football season is over, The 2013 team accomplished way more than it was projected to.. I am very proud of all the guys on that team and the coaches.. Auburn now has something to build on.. Time to move forward, the future looks bright.. Dwelling in the past does nothing for the Fans or the team.. It's done/over, time to focus on the days ahead.. Bammers live in the past, it is all they have, We are better than they....

The football season is over, The 2013 team accomplished way more than it was projected to.. I am very proud of all the guys on that team and the coaches.. Auburn now has something to build on.. Time to move forward, the future looks bright.. Dwelling in the past does nothing for the Fans or the team.. It's done/over, time to focus on the days ahead.. Bammers live in the past, it is all they have, We are better than they....

This^^^ This is a depressing thread on a day when everything is looking up. Can't we lock this thing down? I know I don't have to read it, but the title is enough to pour cold water on a glorious day!!

This^^^ This is a depressing thread on a day when everything is looking up. Can't we lock this thing down? I know I don't have to read it, but the title is enough to pour cold water on a glorious day!!

The only thing that really bothers me about the loss is this pathetic thread.

Still haunted by the scene. The purple mountains encircling the panorama with the late afternoon sun giving them the look of majesty. The orange and blue shakers against the green of the trees peaking over the top of the stadium. The Auburn fans all around me who screamed from beginning to end and managed to stir me from my Jack and Coke induced funk left over from closing down the Whiskey-A-Go Go the nite before. 13 days out and I'm still not out from under but it really is GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER.

I think about the following over and over:

1) a missed field goal

2) an inerrant interception - Marshall's only real mistake of the day

3) a pulled hammy that created a massive lane for the FSU kickoff return

4) the fact that FSU's o-line didn't commit a holding penalty the entire game (rolls eyes/blood boils)

5) worst of all - the perfectly called defense that saw two defenders whiff on a tackle that flipped the field at the end of the game.

6) oh - nearly forgot - I tried to rewatch the game two nights ago and turned it off after Marshall's short arm to Louis on the first drive

Any one of these - maybe with the exception of #4 - goes the other way and Auburn wins. Ugh...still beyond proud of this year, but ugh...

I have tried to watch it twice and see the dropped pass and nope I turn it off.

This is very tough to swallow the more that I realize just how close we were. We can only hope that this motivates next year's team to win it even more. Gus and our Strength & Conditioning staff did a great job of motivating our players last year. This year I hope we have something to do with 0:13 to motivate this team.

Watching now. Just missed fg. This is first time I rewatched first half. Kick wasn't off by much on angle too. Parkey looked ok to me. Just got the fumble.

You know what? We earned a HUGE amount of respect this year, for our team, for our coach(es), for our school, and for our fans and all that we stand for. I want to thank our team for being great ambassadors of what it means to be an Auburn Tiger. We won in so many ways...

Amazing this thread still isn't locked. I don't know about y'all, but I thought 6 wins would be a great improvement coming into this year. I thought 8 wins would be reasonable to expect. We beat Georgia and Bama and won the SEC. We lost to a highly favored FSU team by 3. They'd won every game by like 40 points or something. Our season was AMAZING!

We got beat. We're going back soon -- probably this year! The 2013 team was incredible, any way you slice it. I'm looking forward to this season!

:wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle:

Archived