2015 4* LB Richard McBryde commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

Colbert is playing Safety at the UA All-Star game. He had a solid day with at least one pick. He was discussed in one of the breakdowns TexasTiger posted yesterday. He's a Safety all the way. I've seen a quote from him that we expect to play him at free safety.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colbert is playing Safety at the UA All-Star game. He had a solid day with at least one pick. He was discussed in one of the breakdowns TexasTiger posted yesterday. He's a Safety all the way. I've seen a quote from him that we expect to play him at free safety.

I think he would make a great "Star" position player. OH WAIT!!... Nevermind.

Mcbride practicing at LB or S for All Star game?

He's a linebacker, why would he practice elsewhere?

Same reason Colbert is practicing at LB. He's a "safety" remember?

Well, Colbert was being recruited for the Star and now he's a Safety all the way. He's not at LB anymore. I think McBryde is a LB flat out and it appears that's where he's gonna be.

Colbert has been recruited strictly as a safety. If Colbert was safety all the way then he wouldn't be playing OLB in the UA game would he? Truly not trying to be an ass, but me asking about Mcbride possibly practicing at safety made Mikey ask me a question like I'm stupid or something. Colbert along with Mcbride would play either IMO just like Kerryon has been practicing at safety.

I don't know where you are getting he's playing LB from but it appears he's playing Safety at the UA game and in the article Jordan himself says he's playing Safety at AU. That's where I was basing my post from.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/12/jordan_colbert_on_auburns_futu.html

I have to back up Clayton. Mcbryde explicitly stated he wanted to play safety and that he expected to play safety at Auburn. Because of that, we can't say clayton's question is invalid.

http://www.montgomer...igers/20120549/

From your link: ""For me playing inside (linebacker) right now against the best in the state, I'm pretty sure I can play with the SEC," McBryde said. "So I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.".

I missed that he was at one time interested in the Star position, so Clayton's question does have merit. Now that Star is no longer with us, it appears that he's thinking linebacker.

Well ESPN has Colbert as the number 9 OLB and from watching practice yesterday he was practicing at both. Didn't mean to start an uproar on the Mcbride thing just a simple question.

• 2 weeks later...

Thoughts and prayers lifted to Richard and his family. His grandfather suddenly passed away early this week. Richard will be spending time with his blood family this weekend. His AU OV for this weekend has been cancelled and will be rescheduled.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope Gus nailed him down yesterday! It's is important for us to keep this one in the fold.

He is making his OV to Auburn this weekend. I'm sure Gus will nail it down.

I noticed he had a #15 jersey on. What does this say for Holsey?

They've got jerseys with every number on them so that recruits on visits can wear their high school number if they so choose.

If you look through pictures you'll also see a lot of recruits wearing #2, #7, etc even though those numbers won't be available for them to choose once they set foot on campus

Archived