2015 4* LB Richard McBryde commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If our star position is either a safety or a linebacker position, then why isn't it called one of those things?

Maybe it's just... I dunno... the star position?

If you look at our depth chart, which includes 3 iterations of the star position totaling 8 spots (3 deep at "star" and "boundary star", and 2 deep at "field star"), 6 of the 8 slots are taken up by DBs. The other 2 are taken up by Justin Garrett.

On the other hand: Of the 2 commits we have slotted for that position, one is a 205 lb LB and the other is a 215 lb RB (I didn't realize until I just looked that Sullivan is rated as an RB, unless that's a typo on WarEagleAU's big board).

Gang, there are traditionally only 5 defensive position groups. Is it really that brain-rattling to add a 6th?

JMO but since Coach Cheese coaches the Star players and not CEJ I consider it part of the safeties group since that's what Cheese coaches. I will accomodate the other POV though as well when explaining things.

JMO but since Coach Cheese coaches the Star players and not CEJ I consider it part of the safeties group since that's what Cheese coaches. I will accomodate the other POV though as well when explaining things.

Its also called a 4-2-5 by the defensive coordinator. But hey, to each there own I always say!!

EDIT: I already regret posting that....excuse me why i pull the hook out.....

Its also called a 4-2-5 by the defensive coordinator. But hey, to each there own I always say!!

EDIT: I already regret posting that....excuse me why i pull the hook out.....

:laugh:

Thank you guys for clearing this situation up. I can definitely see the mud now =)

Im just with Mikey that we need some All-SEC 1st team type talent to start popping up on our team. Solid doesnt always cut it in the the SEC West.

Moths to a :idea:.

With both metafour and ellitor posting in the same thread, it's hard to resist. However, it's a Spring Friday afternoon and I can go outside and listen to bluejays squawk at each other, so I think I'll crack a cold one and do that instead.

Moths to a :idea:/>.

With both metafour and ellitor posting in the same thread, it's hard to resist. However, it's a Spring Friday afternoon and I can go outside and listen to bluejays squawk at each other, so I think I'll crack a cold one and do that instead.

I'm amazed at Mikey's restraint.

Treasure my restraint whilst thou canst. It doesn't come around often.

Treasure my restraint whilst thou canst. It doesn't come around often.

I'm aware. You and Metafour have barely registered on the douchometer the last couple of days.

• 1 month later...

Watched his video since he might be the next commit...looks fast, but no one was blocking this guy. He was running through holes the size of car to tackle the players. Hard to get a read on a guy like that. I still think Holland and R.Smith are my favs at lb. Williams will be a huge contributor.

I think we get McBryde and Holland too. This may turn in to a heck of a LB class.

Archived