2015 4* LB Richard McBryde commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

Ole Ellis "system" makes the Auburn linebacker recruiting discussion a bit more complicated than most programs. We always need pure run stoppers and guys playing linebacker in high school of course, but as far as singing "linebackers", more than most colleges we go after guys without the linebacker label -safeties, athletes and Jonothon Ford do-it-all types - recruited by AU as such and only projected/speculated as possible beef up projects for "star", spur, rogue, bandit, or whatever Ellis' fearsome label du jour is.

I still think that we should call that the "Talon" or "Claw" position.

May I nominate "Shortcake"?

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ole Ellis "system" makes the Auburn linebacker recruiting discussion a bit more complicated than most programs. We always need pure run stoppers and guys playing linebacker in high school of course, but as far as singing "linebackers", more than most colleges we go after guys without the linebacker label -safeties, athletes and Jonothon Ford do-it-all types - recruited by AU as such and only projected/speculated as possible beef up projects for "star", spur, rogue, bandit, or whatever Ellis' fearsome label du jour is.

Talon.

May I nominate "Shortcake"?

tumblr_m96gtmOlPk1r6ni3ro1_500.gif

Talon.

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

Talon.

Eagles.

Talon.

chickens_talons.jpg

Talon.

chickens_talons.jpg

Ah.

• 2 weeks later...

Where do we stand with Richard McBryde & Jeffery Holland? we only have 1 linebacker to give his commitment to Auburn. I think we should sign 3 linebackers.

I think we lead for McBryde and will end up with Holland, too.

Is that a golf whisper?

:dunno:/>

Might as well be. I'm not sure golf could read or hear it.

Is that a golf whisper?

:laugh:

Is that a golf whisper?

:laugh:

:laugh::thumbsup: Well-played tigerwings.

Nothing really new, but

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/5-recruiting-storylines-at-Auburn-29855026

The Tigers have a big lead for 4-star backer Richard McBryde of Troy (Ala.) Charles Henderson, and he’s a priority get. He’ll likely join the class at some point, though many are miffed at why he hasn’t already done so. That said, Auburn feels good.

Nothing really new, but

http://auburn.247spo...Auburn-29855026

The Tigers have a big lead for 4-star backer Richard McBryde of Troy (Ala.) Charles Henderson, and he's a priority get. He'll likely join the class at some point, though many are miffed at why he hasn't already done so. That said, Auburn feels good.

Except that he just committed!

:poke:

:wareagle:

IG: r_mcbryde15 @R_Mcbryde15 11m

I am officially committed to Auburn University

Well that came out of nowhere...-and is awesome!!! War Eagle McBryde!!!

Nothing really new, but

The Tigers have a big lead for 4-star backer Richard McBryde of Troy (Ala.) Charles Henderson, and he's a priority get. He'll likely join the class at some point, though many are miffed at why he hasn't already done so. That said, Auburn feels good.

:poke:/>

:wareagle:/>

Haha I know right! I'll take it for the commitment!

Nothing really new, but

:poke:/>

:wareagle:/>

Haha I know right! I'll take it for the commitment!

:thumbsup:

Nothing like a nice cup of Joe in the morning and reading a linebacker committed to the right school.

Archived