2015 4* LB Richard McBryde commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

Glad to see him committed to the good guys..... and thanks to our bammer friends for letting us have him....

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Mr. McBryde. Boom! Can't wait till Mikey sees this! Great news. Now we need Hollard to follow this up and our LB class will be terrific.

KN article on his commitment (free):

Auburn added a big piece to its 2015 recruiting class when 4-star linebacker Richard McBryde of Troy (Ala.) Charles Henderson committed to the Tigers on Saturday morning.

6_2976589.jpg

"I was going to do it next week on TV, but I decided to get it out of the way," McBryde told AUC.

McBryde is commitment No. 19 for Auburn. With his verbal, the Tigers moved up to No. 4 in the recruiting team rankings.

He is the No. 18 outside backer in the 247Sports Composite.

McBryde actually told the Tigers he was coming on Friday, calling head coach Gus Malzahn, and assistants Scott Fountain and Charlie Harbison.

"They all sounded excited," McBryde recalled.

What did Malzahn have to say when McBryde gave him the news?

"He said, 'Thanks man! I love it!. I love having you on board' " McBryde said.

Auburn has led for McBryde for some time. At one point, he thought about ending things earlier this summer, but then he backed off and said he may wait awhile.

Finally, he couldn't wait any longer.

"I was going to wait to visit other places," McBryde said. "But my senior season was coming up and I didn't want to go into that with this on my mind."

The 6-foot-2, 210-pound McBryde has visited Auburn often this year, most recently last Saturday.

"They've been recruiting me the hardest, showing me the most love," McBryde said. "Every time I go up there, the head coach hangs out with me and that shows me they're really interested."

What stands out the most with Auburn?

"The coaches," McBryde said. "They show you real love when you go there."

McBryde, who plays insider backer in high school, said he probably will play inside and outside at Auburn.

Now that he is on board with the Tigers, he said he plans to do "a little" recruiting for them.

Glad to see him committed to the good guys..... and thanks to our bammer friends for letting us have him....

Yeah, lets just hope they don't decide to take him back, War Eagle Richard! Welcome to the Fam!!

McBryde, 6-foot-2 and 210 pounds, could play linebacker or the Star position in the Tigers' 4-2-5 defense.

"They told me I could play Star or Will linebacker," he said, "It doesn't matter to me as long as I can blitz."

Hope he does a little recruiting with Holland now...sure would like to see him make the AU choice....and maybe even Mikey would be happy.....for a while at least.

War Damn Eagle!! Welcome to the family Mcbryde! I hope Mikey is okay. The poor guy dreams about linebackers every night. The excitement may have been too much for him.

Hope he does a little recruiting with Holland now...sure would like to see him make the AU choice....and maybe even Mikey would be happy.....for a while at least.

Edwards is all over Holland

Watch the film everyone. To quote Stephen A. Smith, "He's a BAAAAAD man!!!"

Junior Film

He has a great build that will allow him to do well at either LB position or the Star if needed. He is very athletic and pursues to the ball very well. RM has great instincts and moves with a purpose. He has great feel in that he is always moving to the potential point of atttack. If it's a run he strikes. If it's a pass he strikes if he is responsible to rush the QB. If it's play action he shows great discipline while decifering the play and staying on his toes so he is ready to carry out his responsibility. He is a very sure tackler and is so fast OLs have a hard time trying to get to him to give a block. With all these great attrivutes expect RM to move up in the ranking but probably not til he finally gets on a big stage at the Under Armout HS All Star game in January. He is a low 4* on the composite because he did not do any camp work this summer. If he had I strong believe his ratings would have gone up. Ironically, ESPN is probably the closest to being right in rating RM as the #5 OLB and #48 over all prospect in the 2015 class.

E, thanks for posting the highlights again. I mentioned this early on in the thread that he reminds me of Quan Alexander except a bit bigger. He is really good.

War Damn Eagle!! Welcome to the family Mcbryde! I hope Mikey is okay. The poor guy dreams about linebackers every night. The excitement may have been too much for him.

Well somebody might want to get him a doctor because it's looking like Holland may be next. :big:

I just woke up from a long night last night and this was probably the best thing to wake up to! War Eagle!

Nothing like a nice cup of Joe in the morning and reading a linebacker committed to the right school.

Jeff is a funny way to spell Mikey.

Nothing like a nice cup of Joe in the morning and reading a linebacker committed to the right school.

Jeff is a funny way to spell Mikey.

I have to support the cause or else Mikey is sad and bellyaching over Kris Frost.

Good news. Two committed and at least one, hopefully two more coming. Now we've got to sign 'em and it will all be good.

From Mike Farrel on Rivals...

@rivalsmike: One thing about McBryde that #Auburn fans will love, this kid is physical as heck. #WDE

@rivalsmike: McBryde is going to ear hole and face plant many a running back, tight end and wide receiver (not to mention QB) in his career. #WarEagle

If that doesn't fire you up, nothing will!!

Archived