?????????

Proud Tiger

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I did that I might have hallucinations and think REL was a traitor.

Odd. Sure you're not confusing ginkgo with mescaline?

While were labeling people as traitors, lets not forget about George Washington and the rest of our founding fathers...

"Lee was the noblest American who had ever lived and one of the greatest commanders known to the annals of war." -Winston Churchill

Robert E. Lee was a man who was torn between his constitutional beliefs and his patriotic beliefs. He chose the former because he knew this land was a land of laws established by the greatest document in the history of the world. Despite what the revisionist historians would have us believe, the South didn't fight the war because of slavery. It was because of "state's rights" guaranteed in the Constitution. Slavery, as an institution, was already on it's way out in the South. Many plantation owners had already begun to pay their slaves a living wage. Many others had already freed their slaves and the majority of those slaves stayed on to work the plantations and farms. This is all well documented in history. Lincoln was prodded and pushed into this war, not by conscience, but by the greedy politicians of Washington who would profit from it. They didn't care about the slaves. All they cared about was the profits from a war. Lincoln, himself, said he would allow slavery to remain if the Union could be preserved. I could go on and on but I won't. Read it and study it for yourselves. The truth is out there for you to find.

While were labeling people as traitors, lets not forget about George Washington and the rest of our founding fathers...

True enough. Washington, anyone that signed the Declaration of Independence, and any officers that took up arms against the crown that had sworn an oath to said crown were traitors. We're in some sense a nation built on treason. You won't hear that often because "where treason prospers, none dare call it treason." :Sing:

True enough. Washington, anyone that signed the Declaration of Independence, and any officers that took up arms against the crown that had sworn an oath to said crown were traitors. We're in some sense a nation built on treason. You won't hear that often because "where treason prospers, none dare call it treason." :Sing:

Knew it sounded a bit off so I had to look it up.

"Treason doth never prosper. What's the reason ? Why if it prosper, none call it treason." John Harrington, also known as the inventor of the flush toilet

"Treason doth never prosper. What's the reason ? Why if it prosper, none call it treason." John Harrington, also known as the inventor of the flush toilet

I was paraphrasing. I'm too lazy to gooble quotes today .

How about that. We agree on something.

True enough. Washington, anyone that signed the Declaration of Independence, and any officers that took up arms against the crown that had sworn an oath to said crown were traitors. We're in some sense a nation built on treason. You won't hear that often because "where treason prospers, none dare call it treason." :Sing:/>

How about that. We agree on something.

So what's your point, fella?

Must I do the heavy lifting for you ?

I'll just assume you don't have one.

Look, fella. I've been cooped up in my house alone with 8, 6 and 4 year old girls while their momma has been sleeping in her office downtown for the last 2 days. We're all home now, but I've had about all of the immaturity I can handle for one week. If you want to debate my assertion like an adult, then by all means have at it. I'm not in the mood to trade nonsensical barbs with you.

Try to master your own light lifting first.

Well, well. Glad to see that your momma let you have the keyboard again tonight to work on your spelling lessons. Remember, that's Benghazi, with a capital B.

Btw, did you get your prepaid phone yet ? Remember, Obama is giving them away.

I'll just assume you don't have one.

Look, fella. I've been cooped up in my house alone with 8, 6 and 4 year old girls while their momma has been sleeping in her office downtown for the last 2 days. We're all home now, but I've had about all of the immaturity I can handle for one week. If you want to debate my assertion like an adult, then by all means have at it. I'm not in the mood to trade nonsensical barbs with you.

I wasn't addressing your "assertion", just your "goobling". If you can't have a sense of humor about that then you need to shut the computer down and spend more time with your kids instead of blaming others for your stress about a post. Put on your big boy pants

I wasn't addressing your "assertion", just your "goobling".

If you can't have a sense of humor about that then you need to shut the computer down and spend more time with your kids instead of blaming others for your stress about a post. Put on your big boy pants

I do have a sense of humor, though it admittedly is shot after this week. In fact, even though I don't expect you to believe it, the word "goobling" was intentional. My iPad's autocorrect would have caught it otherwise. :dunno:

But you're probably right. I suppose I am a little on edge.

Auburn wins big tonight and Robert E. Lee is still my hero even after 31 pages of BS.

War Eagle

We're getting a dog as soon as we move. I'm going to lobby to name it "Chris Denson."

I wasn't addressing your "assertion", just your "goobling".

If you can't have a sense of humor about that then you need to shut the computer down and spend more time with your kids instead of blaming others for your stress about a post. Put on your big boy pants

I do have a sense of humor, though it admittedly is shot after this week. In fact, even though I don't expect you to believe it, the word "goobling" was intentional. My iPad's autocorrect would have caught it otherwise. :dunno:

But you're probably right. I suppose I am a little on edge.

You genuinely have my compassion. Having your wife unexpectedly separated by weather and the energy of kids can certainly stress a guy.

I'm just playing with you about goobling. Hope all is well for you and your family.

Yes, to King George and the realm, they were all traitors!

Great point bwillaub. Shows calling some people a traitor is all in the eye of the beholder.

I see REL as a hero, Yankee sympathizers see him as a traitor.

Damn, if you guys aren't finally starting to figure it out. One man's traitor is another man's hero. It's relative.

Of course Washington, et al. were (correctly) considered traitors by England. (At one point King George offered a deal which would pardon all the patriots, except for John Adams, who he was determined to hang.)

You guys really need to learn the art of critical thinking and stop leading with your emotions.

(But I will plead guilty to having sympathy for Yankees.)

"You guys really need to learn the art of critical thinking and stop leading with your emotions"..... :roflol:

"You guys really need to learn the art of critical thinking and stop leading with your emotions"..... :roflol:

You don't think it's "leading with your emotions" to flat out deny there is a perfectly logical case for REL as traitor to the U.S.? Anyone who takes that position is clearly elevating their feelings above logic.

Do you really not get that?

You don't think it's "leading with your emotions" to flat out deny there is a perfectly logical case for REL as traitor to the U.S.? Anyone who takes that position is clearly elevating their feelings above logic.

Do you really not get that?

We understand that you and others on this board consider REL as a traitor but what Union contemporaries with authority pursued trying him ?

Archived