2015 NCG Tickets… $1,900 (FACE)

PatBoCamRob

And that ladies and gentlemen is the CHEAPEST seat in the house. The people running (or should I say ruining) college football are losing their collective minds. They are as greedy as NFL owners, but at least they pay their players.

edit:I over reacted, after re-reading I realize these are premium seat packages, so the 1,900 is for the cheapest of the premium package tickets not the normal tickets.

Actually, according to the video, these tickets are for package price deals (parking, hotel, hospitality...)

Still ridiculous.

Am I alone in the belief that inside the 20s is not premium. Inside the 35s, yes. Inside the 20s is a scam.

Guess what… They promise anywhere inside the 20's, you'll be on the 22 YL.

I believe with the new playoff system, those in charge are going to be upset with the attendance for the 2 games…yes the championship will be a sellout, but the 2 games leading into to it might have a problem, especially if the 2 schools going out to the Rose Bowl are from the south….hard expecting a fan base to travel to the Rose Bowl and then10 days later to Jerry's World…except for 2004 when we got the shaft, I believe the 2 best teams always played in the BCS title game...

Are the 2 games leading up to the championship game supposed to be at a neutral site?

Yes, the existing BCS bowl sites will rotate hosting them.

Are the 2 games leading up to the championship game supposed to be at a neutral site?

Chickfila and Cotton are also in the rotation

I went to this year's (2013) BCSNCG with PrimeSport, and it was pretty decent. They chartered a plane out of Birmingham for a non-stop to LAX, got a hotel downtown, transportation to and from the airport, Rose Bowl, etc. The only frustrating things were that there was a Pre-Game hospitality thing with all you can eat food and an open bar, but it took almost an hour to get a burger and a coke, and that on the way back, there were no PrimeSport employees to help us get to the gate in LAX, nor was there a gate until 30 minutes before boarding in LAX.

As much as they are charging for tickets, the players should get 15% of the revenue for each ticket.

It's my understanding that the games will be:

1 vs 4

2 vs 3

and #1 and #2 get to choose location from the BCS locations + Cotton and Atlanta.

Can anyone confirm?

1 vs 4

2 vs 3

and #1 and #2 get to choose location from the BCS locations + Cotton and Atlanta.

Can anyone confirm?

I've not heard that teams will get to choose a location. I don't think there will be enough lead time for that. What I heard is there will be a strict rotation among the sites. However, it's not something I've really delved into in any depth.

The semi-final games are to be played at the rose and sugar bowls. The committee will take into consideration where the teams are from for consideration of who plays where, if possible.

1 vs 4

2 vs 3

Can anyone confirm?

I understand that semifinals will be played in a rotation of BCS bowls plus cotton and atlanta. The sugar and rose will host first following 2014 season. The committee will take into account the seeded teams when assigning locations. For example, if we had played FSU in a semifinal this.year, it would likely have been in sugar rather than rose. Semifinals will be played on new years day.

The final game will be bid out like the super bowl. Will be in Arlington TX in 2015, Glendale in 2016, Tampa in 2017. Will be played approx a week after semis (around same time as this year). A city cannot host the final game the same year it hosts a semi.

Seems to me that this will drive the final to be a more corporate event, and most fans will attend the semifinal games. They will allow more tome for planning, travel, etc.

1 vs 4

2 vs 3

Can anyone confirm?

They don't get to choose.

For the 2014 season:

The semifinal games are at the Sugar (1/1/2015) and the Rose (1/1/2015) with the championship game being in Arlington (1/12/2015).

For the 2015 season:

The semifinal games are at the Orange (12/31/2015) and the Cotton (12/31/2015) with the championship game being in Glendale (1/11/2016).

For the 2016 season:

The semifinal games are at the Chickfila (12/31/2016) and Fiesta (12/31/2016) with the championship game being in Tampa (1/9/2017).

Sources:

collegefootballplayoff.com

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/college-football-playoff-schedule.php

How would you guys feel if the higher seed gets to play the semi-final games at home? It would certainly help with attendance.

The game has gotten away from the average college football fan. I am terrorified with the direction the cost to watch a live game has gotten to. 10 years from now, tickets to sit in the endzone will be $150.00, and $300.00 plus for any decent seat. I just cannot justify paying the price of tickets any more. However, health-wise, I cannot go to any games. Thank the Lord for my 65" LED TV.! I really think that with the price of $1900.00 per ticket, that the kids out there beating up on each other for our entertainment should get a modest percentage of the cost of tickets.

How would you guys feel if the higher seed gets to play the semi-final games at home? It would certainly help with attendance.

Yes. I'd be down with that. Why didn't the powers that be go for this?

At that price, I don't guess I'll be going to watch Auburn play for another national championship unless someone gives me tickets or I win some tickets.

At that price, I don't guess I'll be going to watch Auburn play for another national championship unless someone gives me tickets or I win some tickets.

That makes 2 of us. This year, I made what I thought was fair offers on tickets the week before the game, and was laughed at. On Satuday, my phone was BLOWING UP with people trying to get me to buy the tickets for what I was asking 2 days before.

For those of you who didn't go, we paid $385 face value for the tickets this year, plus $50 to park in the cheapest place, and you were literally crammed into Rose Bowl stadium, which is really not much bigger than our stadium without the upper decks, but somehow they fit 95,000 in there. Throw in airfare all the way across the country, along with high priced hotels, and it was a very expensive trip. And things are not about to get any better for the fans of the teams that make the new playoff. If you want to see the games, it is going to be a very expensive proposition. If they send us to Atlanta, New Orleans, Tampa or Dallas I am probably going. If they send us to Glendale or Pasadena, forget it. That is, if we make the playoff, as we hope we will.

Archived