2015 4* ATH Torrance Gibson (Ohio State signee)

ellitor

I'd point out that Urban had 4 years and couldn't make an NFL QB out of Tebow, but in just one year, Gus had Cam ready to be the #1 draft pick.

Obviously thats a true statement but what you don't seem to consider are the differences in the players. Coaches seem to get too much credit for getting players to the next level but theres just no way to get a player to the next level who doesn't have what it takes to be there. My point is, I seriously doubt Gus would've made Tebow a star NFL QB. Urban did a good job of tailoring his offense around Tebow's strengths but the bottom line is, Tebow just wasn't a good enough passer to make it at the next level. At TE he may have had a future.

What you don't seem to grasp is that I'm talking about a sales pitch, not an academic analysis.

OK. I guess I've just read so many posts explaining why recruits go to bama because they see bama as their best route to the NFL, as if it was a certainty when, IMO, the vast majority of those players at bama who did get drafted would've been drafted regardless where they played football in college or for which coach they played. sorry.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's my understanding that Ohio State is in the lead, and Meyer is playing the Tim Tebow card. Guys, Cam Newton is on campus taking classes at Auburn THIS SEMESTER!! This should be a huge recruiting tool for us, especially with the amount of time that Cam spends at the athletic facility. Get this guy on campus and let him "bump into" Cam Newton!

**Side Note** This is the last thing I'm going to say about our recruiting misses the last 2 years. Cam Newton has a very infectious personality. And I think he could have really bonded with the last 2 LB's that went to AHS. And I really wish that we would have used his presence on campus to help us recruit! Remember when Julio Jones was talking to Geno Smith on twitter before he committed to UAT? We have to play the game... "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it"

I'd point out that Urban had 4 years and couldn't make an NFL QB out of Tebow, but in just one year, Gus had Cam ready to be the #1 draft pick.

Obviously thats a true statement but what you don't seem to consider are the differences in the players. Coaches seem to get too much credit for getting players to the next level but theres just no way to get a player to the next level who doesn't have what it takes to be there. My point is, I seriously doubt Gus would've made Tebow a star NFL QB. Urban did a good job of tailoring his offense around Tebow's strengths but the bottom line is, Tebow just wasn't a good enough passer to make it at the next level. At TE he may have had a future.

What you don't seem to grasp is that I'm talking about a sales pitch, not an academic analysis.

I don't think I'm grasping what you mean here...a sales pitch? Gus used a "sales pitch" to get Cam drafted #1?

I don't think I'm grasping what you mean here...a sales pitch? Gus used a "sales pitch" to get Cam drafted #1?

No. He is simply stating that his post is what he thinks CGM's pitch to Gibson would be.

So is this guy are number QB choice and what does that mean for Tyler Queen?

Gus wants to take a pocket passer and dual-threat QB in the 2015 class.

the last time I saw film that made me feel like that, I was watching this JUCO kid from a place called Blinn....

Yep. This kid is my "most wanted" for 2015. Imagine Gibson in this offense for three year. One can dream.

I think it will really help that Marshall will be year 2 under Gus for Gibson to watch this season. Just feels like the passing game should be big this coming season with all the lineman returning, a big recieving corp, and Marshall back. Would be real nice for Marshall to make a Heisman run!

From an article in November 2013: "Gibson, who tries to model his game after Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton or Washington Redskins signal caller Robert Griffin III, said he’ll likely know a lot more about his recruitment after his season when he takes more visits."

http://www.cleveland...ur-star_qu.html

SIAP

From an article in November 2013: "Gibson, who tries to model his game after Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton or Washington Redskins signal caller Robert Griffin III, said he’ll likely know a lot more about his recruitment after his season when he takes more visits."

http://www.cleveland...ur-star_qu.html

SIAP

AND Cam is on campus finishing his degree this semester anyways. Surely there has to be a way to get him here and have them run into each other...

I really do feel bad for ANY incoming dual-threat QB we lock eyes on as potentially coming to the Plains for the next 5-10 years. Whether it's reasonable or the recruit likes it or not, he's going to be compared to Cam. Cart before the horse IMO, but anyway.... I really do LOVE the film on this guy, and this may have been addressed already, but I was curious if anyone knows what the level of talent is in Ft. Lauderdale and the surrounding areas that he's playing against in his highlight reel. I have no doubts that the kid is good, but he looks REALLY good. TIA.

I really do feel bad for ANY incoming dual-threat QB we lock eyes on as potentially coming to the Plains for the next 5-10 years. Whether it's reasonable or the recruit likes it or not, he's going to be compared to Cam. Cart before the horse IMO, but anyway.... I really do LOVE the film on this guy, and this may have been addressed already, but I was curious if anyone knows what the level of talent is in Ft. Lauderdale and the surrounding areas that he's playing against in his highlight reel. I have no doubts that the kid is good, but he looks REALLY good. TIA.

I'm not 100% sure of the talent level he plays but I do believe its against some of the better talent in the country.

I'm not 100% sure of the talent level he plays but I do believe its against some of the better talent in the country.

I hope - if so, then WOW. This guy is making all these fellas look like chumps.

American Heritage was ranked 1st in the Florida class 5A rankings and 64th in the nation with their only loss to Central of Miami currently ranked 2nd in Florida 6A and ranked 8th in the nation.

American Heritage was ranked 1st in the Florida class 5A rankings and 64th in the nation with their only loss to Central of Miami currently ranked 2nd in Florida 6A and ranked 8th in the nation.

Nice. Thanks!!!! Woody Wood***** nice.

The OSU 247 site had a podcasts with Gibson and even with all the OSU pumping Gibson has AU on his mind. http://traffic.libsyn.com/bucknuts/Torrance_Gibson_1_on_1.mp3 Check out 6:30 mark if not patient.

Link won't work

Remove the period at the end when you copy/paste

Archived