2015 4* ATH Torrance Gibson (Ohio State signee)

ellitor

I agree just judging from what we have seen over the past couple of years that you never know. I also know that Gus can make his Off. work with any type QB but it does seem that when you have a dual threat it works the best.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kodi Burns and Kiehl Frazier were both 5* dual threat QBs, among the best in the country

They were both 4*. Do not use Scout rankings as anything other than toilet paper.

FRAZIER WAS NOT A 5*.

In fact looks like Rivals did not give ANY dual threat QBs a 5 star rating Kiehl's recruiting year. Kiehl was their #5 dual threat QB, Manziel was #14 (!) Marcus Mariota was like #12 and the #1 was Ohio State's guy Braxton Miller. So yes, it's safe to say (Scout notwithstanding) that coming out out of high school Kiehl Frazier was considered among the best in the country.

Kodi Burns and Kiehl Frazier were both 5* dual threat QBs, among the best in the country

They were both 4*. Do not use Scout rankings as anything other than toilet paper.

FRAZIER WAS NOT A 5*.

I don't like Scout for recruiting at all either. Heck I loathe them but Scout is part of the industry composite which is the standard now. You can choose to not recognize them but don't force that opinion on others. Kiehl was factually a 6* prospect by a major recruiting service.

In fact looks like Rivals did not give ANY dual threat QBs a 5 star rating Kiehl's recruiting year. Kiehl was their #5 dual threat QB, Manziel was #14 (!) Marcus Mariota was like #12 and the #1 was Ohio State's guy Braxton Miller. So yes, it's safe to say (Scout notwithstanding) that coming out out of high school Kiehl Frazier was considered among the best in the country.

He was a bottom of the ~Top 100 recruit. Ranked "among the best", but very far from being 5-star. He was not a 5-star.

Dont want to turn this into another Frazier-rating thread. This kid (Gibson) is a pretty significant OSU lean. Would be surprised if he didn't commit to them.

Heck I loathe them but Scout is part of the industry composite which is the standard now. You can choose to not recognize them but don't force that opinion on others.

When Scout is the ONLY major service to rank him as a 5-star, then he is not a "5 star" player. The fact that it was Scout which gave him his 5-star rating makes it even less meaningful, as their opinion means very little.

I'm tired of people using Frazier as some sort of "recruiting horror story" ("Kiehl was 5-star all world and look what happened to him!") when the reality is that only one group of cluelessly inept "experts" ranked him as a 5-star.

Guess being the Parade All American Player of the year doesn't mean squat either. I can tell you don't like Keihl for what ever stupid reason but He was listed as a top QB by most experts, of which you are probably not. WDE

Guess being the Parade All American Player of the year doesn't mean squat either.

Listen randy, Frazier was the starting QB on a private-school team in Arkansas which dominated the state and made a lot of press nation-wide due to their success. The reality is that despite all the national rankings, news clippings, awards, etc. Shiloh Christian would get smacked by a long-list of superior teams from states which feature significantly more competition and talent. "Parade Player of the Year, "USA Today Player of the Year"...these awards dont mean squat because they come from armchair HS football analysts who do a casual analysis. Surely your brain can comprehend that an amateur evaluator can lazily award "Player of the Year" to a kid that stars on a HS program which incidentally also ranked among the "nation's best" at the time. That s*** is no different than Mark Ingram winning the Heisman at Alabama. Its a freaking media award.

I also never said that Frazier wasn't a "top ranked QB". Can you even read? I outright called him a "~Top 100 recruit" just two posts above. Being a "top ranked QB" however is not the same as being a "5-star QB". He was not a "5-star QB". I dont give a **** that the **tards at Scout ranked him as one. I dont give a **** that some newspaper named him their "Player of the Year". He was a good QB recruit that in reality was boosted by the fact that he played below-average competition in a poor football state. You want some facts? He was invited to the Elite 11 and was in reality one of "bottom" performers at the event. Didn't walk away with a single award.

Guess being the Parade All American Player of the year doesn't mean squat either.

Listen randy, Frazier was the starting QB on a private-school team in Arkansas which dominated the state and made a lot of press nation-wide due to their success. The reality is that despite all the national rankings, news clippings, awards, etc. Shiloh Christian would get smacked by a long-list of superior teams from states which feature significantly more competition and talent. "Parade Player of the Year, "USA Today Player of the Year"...these awards dont mean squat because they come from armchair HS football analysts who do a casual analysis. Surely your brain can comprehend that an amateur evaluator can lazily award "Player of the Year" to a kid that stars on a HS program which incidentally also ranked among the "nation's best" at the time. That s*** is no different than Mark Ingram winning the Heisman at Alabama. Its a freaking media award.

I also never said that Frazier wasn't a "top ranked QB". Can you even read? I outright called him a "~Top 100 recruit" just two posts above. Being a "top ranked QB" however is not the same as being a "5-star QB". He was not a "5-star QB". I dont give a **** that the **tards at Scout ranked him as one. I dont give a **** that some newspaper named him their "Player of the Year". He was a good QB recruit that in reality was boosted by the fact that he played below-average competition in a poor football state. You want some facts? He was invited to the Elite 11 and was in reality one of "bottom" performers at the event. Didn't walk away with a single award.

Frazier was a composite top 50 with a 97 grade. (A 98 is a 5 star). Also, you should try being a little nicer. Calling someone a randy (lol what?) in't too flattering

Thread officially hijacked. Ok, Gibson anyone? :)

Yep, he's my very early favorite for the 2015 class (admittedly haven't watched many 2015 highlights yet). With one QB commit already and what seems like a high volume of QB offers being extended for 2015, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a commitment from another one in the next couple of months.

FRAZIER WAS NOT A 5*.

Right, I remember Frazier was a 4*, but he was USA Today HS Player of the year if I remember right.

U! S! A! (today) U! S! A! (today)

You guys got my hopes up when someone mentioned Dillard. He goes to American Heritage. It went from being a foregone conclusion to seeing my hopes run over by a train. Sad times. I heart Dillard High.

Hope Queen is ok with the strategy. He looks like a really solid QB prospect. Usually hard to convince 2 highly rated QBs to be apart of the same class. So it would be quite the accomplishment if AU could.

Gibson looks like one heck of a QB in his on right btw.

Archived