2015 4* ATH Torrance Gibson (Ohio State signee)

ellitor

I don't even think of Queen as a pocket passer. Dude is very mobile for his size. He might not be a breakaway threat but he definitely looks like he can tuck it and run.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't even think of Queen as a pocket passer. Dude is very mobile for his size. He might not be a breakaway threat but he definitely looks like he can tuck it and run.

No doubt Queen can move. But AU is looking for a true dual guy like Gibson. Gibson is this offense would not be fair. Kid is my most wanted next year with Holland and R. Smith.

Gibson would be nasty in this offense. Unfortunately all indication is that it is only a matter of time until he commits to OSU. Meyer has been recruiting this kid for a long time.

Interesting Miami currently co-leads (w/ OSU) to sign Gibson and Bama's recruiter for him is former Cane lineman and UM fan favorite Mario Cristobal.

Wow! Just watched his highlights... simply ridiculous. Easily my favorite recruit of this class so far

Gibson would be nasty in this offense. Unfortunately all indication is that it is only a matter of time until he commits to OSU. Meyer has been recruiting this kid for a long time.

He has said he doesn't want to commit anywhere anytime soon because he wants to wait and make sure hes making the right decision that way he never has to do commit. If Gus and Co have time I give us a very good shot. Also, along with OSU we will lose our starting QB after next season so both places will be able to sell that he will have a chance to compete for the starting job as soon as he gets on campus. OSU has that guy that played when Braxton was out and he played very well so he may think that guy already has the job after Braxton.

If we signed him I could see Queen looking around.

Me too; however, I'm sure the coaches told Queen they would likely take 2 QBs for 2015.

He has said he doesn't want to commit anywhere anytime soon because he wants to wait and make sure hes making the right decision that way he never has to do commit. If Gus and Co have time I give us a very good shot. Also, along with OSU we will lose our starting QB after next season so both places will be able to sell that he will have a chance to compete for the starting job as soon as he gets on campus. OSU has that guy that played when Braxton was out and he played very well so he may think that guy already has the job after Braxton.

Kenny Guiton was a senior in 2013.

I was having a ton of trouble trying to quote that and say what you just said. The reason for the blank post above. Cardale Jones is supposed to be the next big thing for OSU at 6'5 250lbs.

I was having a ton of trouble trying to quote that and say what you just said. The reason for the blank post above. Cardale Jones is supposed to be the next big thing for OSU at 6'5 250lbs.

6-5 and 250, that would never work at QB.

I'd point out that Urban had 4 years and couldn't make an NFL QB out of Tebow, but in just one year, Gus had Cam ready to be the #1 draft pick.

Obviously thats a true statement but what you don't seem to consider are the differences in the players. Coaches seem to get too much credit for getting players to the next level but theres just no way to get a player to the next level who doesn't have what it takes to be there. My point is, I seriously doubt Gus would've made Tebow a star NFL QB. Urban did a good job of tailoring his offense around Tebow's strengths but the bottom line is, Tebow just wasn't a good enough passer to make it at the next level. At TE he may have had a future.

6-5 and 250, that would never work at QB.

He's right, that would be like trying to turn a former defensive back into a QB!

I'd point out that Urban had 4 years and couldn't make an NFL QB out of Tebow, but in just one year, Gus had Cam ready to be the #1 draft pick.

Obviously thats a true statement but what you don't seem to consider are the differences in the players. Coaches seem to get too much credit for getting players to the next level but theres just no way to get a player to the next level who doesn't have what it takes to be there. My point is, I seriously doubt Gus would've made Tebow a star NFL QB. Urban did a good job of tailoring his offense around Tebow's strengths but the bottom line is, Tebow just wasn't a good enough passer to make it at the next level. At TE he may have had a future.

What you don't seem to grasp is that I'm talking about a sales pitch, not an academic analysis.

Archived