***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

Image result for jarrett stidham
Jarrett Stidham, Dual-Threat QB
Stephenville, TX (Stephenville)
Ht: 6-3.5 | Wt: 190 | 40: 4.57

• No. 1 JUCO recruit
  • Completed 68%  (75-109) of his passes for 1,265 yards, 12 TDs and 2 Ints in 10 games as a true freshman at Baylor in 2015
  • In high school, Stidham was the nation’s No. 2 dual-threat quarterback in the class of 2015
    • Rated a five-star prospect by Scout, Stidham was one of the top quarterbacks in the country coming out of Stephenville High. Compiling 3,903 total yards and 50 touchdowns as a senior, he threw for 2,934 yards and 35 TDs on 183-of-260 passes and also ran for 969 yards and 15 touchdowns on 122 carries. (link)
  • Stidham will be redshirt sophomore next season with 3 years of eligibility remaining.  He is expected to be in Auburn almost immediately, with the potential to participate in Bowl practice.

247Sports: 4*
Rivals: 4*
Scout: 5*

Edited by ellitor
changed format and added Junior Highlights

Couple things to note. With the recent QB offers the staff looks set to take 2 QBs in 2015. On the 4.57/40, I am not expecting it to be legit but if it is Cam ran a 4.59/40 for reference.

Couple things to note. With the recent QB offers the staff looks set to take 2 QBs in 2015. On the 4.57/40, I am not expecting it to be legit but if it is Cam ran a 4.59/40 for reference.

Sure looks that way! So, based on your saying they want 3 in the next 2 years, that likely means only 1 this year (Sean White).

• Like 1

I guess THarris must not be considered a QB but an athlete like JSmith. Or else why would we already have half a dozen offers out to 2015 DT QBs. Makes me wonder about that 3QB for 2yr plan. My guess is CGM will always sign at least one Dual Threat guy(at least 4*) every year. Most of them can play another position, but of course they may prefer to transfer if they don't pan out at QB. That just the way it works in this era.

I guess THarris must not be considered a QB but an athlete like JSmith. Or else why would we already have half a dozen offers out to 2015 DT QBs. Makes me wonder about that 3QB for 2yr plan. My guess is CGM will always sign at least one Dual Threat guy(at least 4*) every year. Most of them can play another position, but of course they may prefer to transfer if they don't pan out at QB. That just the way it works in this era.

Yes we are recruiting TH just like JS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I have no idea if we would still take this guy, but he just decommitted from Texas Tech. He's the #4 rated QB on one of the sites, but I would think it's unlikely that we pursue him given that Tyler Queen and Jason Smith are both scheduled to enroll early.

Just goes to show you that it's never over with any given recruit.

I have no idea if we would still take this guy, but he just decommitted from Texas Tech. He's the #4 rated QB on one of the sites, but I would think it's unlikely that we pursue him given that Tyler Queen and Jason Smith are both scheduled to enroll early.

Just goes to show you that it's never over with any given recruit.

I think Jason Smith is a WR all the way. Even with that, the numbers are pretty good at QB.

You couldn't turn down an athlete like Stidham who is probably one of the top five QBs in the class. But I doubt if AU would be in the mix. He can go anywhere.

Stidham would be a great fit for Oregon. But probably too far away. Baylor or Texas A&M would also work. Nobody would turn him away.

Other then maybe being in the wild cat, how many of you believe Jason Smith will ever play QB for AU?

I see him as the next Quan Bray...although we have a couple other guys who have the same skills. ..but QB? can't see it and I would hate to see him waste a year trying to beat out 3 or 4 serious QBs.

Stidham would be a great fit for Oregon. But probably too far away. Baylor or Texas A&M would also work. Nobody would turn him away.

I think Baylor leads big.

• 1 year later...

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/08/former_baylor_qb_jarrett_stidh.html#incart_river_index

Might as well start a thread. I want this guy pretty bad.

Baylor Stats

High school highlights below:

Edited by Randman5000

I like the idea of bringing him in. For a true freshman...I thought he done well while he played. Only problem if we bring him in...we'll have 5 quarterbacks on scholly. That's a bit much. I see TQ or SW leaving IF he comes here. 

We have a thread on 

1 minute ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I like the idea of bringing him in. For a true freshman...I thought he done well while he played. Only problem if we bring him in...we'll have 5 quarterbacks on scholly. That's a bit much. I see TQ or SW leaving IF he comes here. 

He's going to juco first. We'll have 4 QBs on roster at most if he were to come here after this season.