***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

1 hour ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Agreed. I think it's likely Stidham goes wherever Kendall Briles goes, unless of course Briles elects to stay at Baylor.

Yeah. That seems unlikely though.

Odd how posters here will jump on the least little mistake made by another poster, regardless of it's relevancy. It as if they would rather argue over these errors than actually contribute something meaningful to the thread (similar to what I am doing with this post).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

IMO a losing season will cost Gus his job. 

I'm not going to say your wrong but I have heard Jay Jacobs job is more on the line than Gus's job.  I know Golf would disagree, but from what I understand Jacobs will not be allowed to hire another football coach seeing as how he has failed on Chizik and the fact that there is a discussion on Gus.  Lets look at the facts, Jay Jacobs requirements to be Auburn's head coach is you had to previously have been a coordinator at Auburn.  So Al Borges, Will Muschamp, Rhett Lashlee, Ellis Johnson, Kevin Still, Noel Mazzone?  That would be Jacobs next list.  And before anyone says that is stupid let me remind you Jacobs hired a 5-19 Gene Chizik and fans bought in to that so I am sure Jacobs could sale the list.  Anyways WDE what have you heard?  Are any boosters ready to boot JJ?

4 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Things are about to get interesting. I'm told sooner than later Gogue will be announcing his retirement as President of AU. A search committee for Gogue's replacement is being formed as I type this. FWIW.  

Well I know Gogue just had a house built in Auburn.  So maybe that is is second retirement home.  He also has one in New Mexico.

1 hour ago, SumterAubie said:

Odd how posters here will jump on the least little mistake made by another poster, regardless of it's relevancy. It as if they would rather argue over these errors than actually contribute something meaningful to the thread (similar to what I am doing with this post).

Agreed. The poster who I pointed out a mistake won't hesitate a nanosecond to correct others, meaningful or meaningless. So since he's so detailed in every little thing being correct...I obliged.

1 hour ago, ToomersStreet said:

I'm not going to say your wrong but I have heard Jay Jacobs job is more on the line than Gus's job.

If that's the case, wouldn't it make it supremely easy to let Gus go, given another poor season?

3 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

If that's the case, wouldn't it make it supremely easy to let Gus go, given another poor season?

Probably, but looking at other programs like Tennessee and Southern Cal, both schools booted their AD due to poor performance in men's sports.  Mike Hamilton  "Resigned" from UT  as their AD.  One Year Later Dooley was fired.  Mike Garrett was fired from Southern Cal fir numerous reasons, ie mens basketball became an after thought.  Three years later Kiffin gets booted. 

That being said I think USC fired Hayden and Sarkisian at the same time so maybe Auburn would dismiss both.

10 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

And there's the answer to my question. Thanks.

If Gus can't get it done I am all for it.  I wan't Jacobs gone period.

8 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

If Gus can't get it done I am all for it.  I wan't Jacobs gone period.

If he can't get it done, I'm for Gus hiring Briles as his OC.

If the plan is Lashlee or equivalent for 2017, time to go.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

If he can't get it done, I'm for Gus hiring Briles as his OC.

If the plan is Lashlee or equivalent for 2017, time to go.

Lashlee is the son Gus never had.  It is clear he needs to go but will Gus get rid of him? I have come to believe Gus is really good with X'x and O's but as far as individually developing players, specifically QB and receiver I think he is dropping the ball.

2 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

I have come to believe Gus is really good with X'x and O's but as far as individually developing players, specifically QB and receiver I think he is dropping the ball.

Which is why Gus has always adapted his offense to his players instead of vice versa. It works mostly, but will never consistently win championships. You have to bring players in who fit and coach them to fit what you do best.

12 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Which is why Gus has always adapted his offense to his players instead of vice versa. It works mostly, but will never consistently win championships. You have to bring players in who fit and coach them to fit what you do best.

So are you saying Gus has mis-evaluated on the recruiting trail?

I admitted my mistake & apologized. That should have been the end of the derailment. No other comments were needed or necessary. Get Back to Stidham now or this thread gets locked!

• Like 1

Just noting that USCw and UTk have had their problems with NCAA and legal issues...it was not just W-L.  In fact i think just about every AD fired in recent years has lost their jobs over things other than just football W-L.    

11 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

So are you saying Gus has mis-evaluated on the recruiting trail?

On some skill player recruits, yes.

Edited by VipersStrike1

I doubt Stidham comes if Gus is fired as a result of Gogue retiring and a subsequent Jacobs firing...??? ....I think the kid ends up wherever the elder Briles ends up or his son...

6 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

I don't know who you're talking about but if you're talking about the person that I'm thinking  of, then I'll say that if you message him about it, he's going to be cool about it and apologize that he comes off as that way. I know because we once butted heads every other day at one point.

• Like 1

If it can be shared, are we currently the leader? Or does he have any? This guy would very likely be the cure for our current QB curse. We MUST get him!

Just imagine how good the offense could be by 2018: Stidham with a year under his belt and Barrett ready to go, an experienced and deep RB corps led by Kam and Kerryon, NCM with a couple years of starting experience, a veteran HB in Chandler Cox, and a line experienced enough to not be a liability.

Yeah, that would be good.

Edited by AUwent

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

If it can be shared, are we currently the leader? Or does he have any?

Doesn't have official leaders but AU & aTm are thought to be in the best position right now.

^The thought of losing on another QB to Sumlin--the same guy that started our freefall--makes me nauseous. I feel Briles and Stidham are the only way out of said freefall.

Edited by AUwent

19 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

Well I know Gogue just had a house built in Auburn.  So maybe that is is second retirement home.  He also has one in New Mexico.

Gogue will still be doing fundraising for AU. So I'm told.  

• Like 1

Hopefully Malzahn will hire Kendal Briles which I feel will help us sign Jarrett Stidham

Edited by auburn4ever